inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Me Too" Movement Ensnares CBS Exec Les Moonves

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/27/18 at 4:23 pm

CBS bigwig Les Moonves is now caught up in the whole "Me Too" although in this case it might be "her too".

Professional sexual abuse accuser Ronan Farrow has a piece coming out in the New Yorker that accuses ol' Les of being the perpetrator of "unwanted kissing and touching".

Les is married to the "Chenbot", Julie Chen. They got married two weeks after Les had divorced his first wife.

Subject: Re: "Me Too" Movement Ensnares CBS Exec Les Moonves

Written By: ofkx on 07/28/18 at 3:39 am

why can't so many people keep their dicks in their pants? 😒

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/18 at 4:32 am

I don’t think that Les is accused of stealing home plate... :P

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/28/18 at 4:34 am

And why do so many people get off on trying to delegitimate an important social movement? Seriously, it boggles my mind.

Written By: ofkx on 07/28/18 at 5:05 am

And why do so many people get off on trying to delegitimate an important social movement? Seriously, it boggles my mind.

i agree! so many people think that this movement is fake and are all like "oh you can't even flirt nowadays without being accused of harassment!".
honestly if you feel threatened by the Me Too movement, you're probably the reason why it exists in the first place.

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/28/18 at 6:11 am

i agree! so many people think that this movement is fake and are all like "oh you can't even flirt nowadays without being accused of harassment!".
honestly if you feel threatened by the Me Too movement, you're probably the reason why it exists in the first place.

I have a different view. If grown adults feel so feeble that they do not call out sex pervs at the time of the offenses, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and THEY ENABLE THE PERP TO ATTACK MORE VICTIMS.

These stories I read about grown men who were groped by some dude when they were grown men, and didn't do anything about it at the time, are pitiful. Where I come from, any dude grabs your 'nads and he's gonna be flattened. Similarly if any woman was mistreated, the offender would be subject to a massive ass beating by the lady's family and/or friends. I know of more than one dude who took an immediate nut shot from a girl he got too grabby with, and he was asking for it.

SILENCE=COMPLICITY

Written By: LooseBolt on 07/28/18 at 6:16 am

I have a different view. If grown adults feel so feeble that they do not call out sex pervs at the time of the offenses, THEY ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM and THEY ENABLE THE PERP TO ATTACK MORE VICTIMS.

These stories I read about grown men who were groped by some dude when they were grown men, and didn't do anything about it at the time, are pitiful. Where I come from, any dude grabs your 'nads and he's gonna be flattened. Similarly if any woman was mistreated, the offender would be subject to a massive ass beating by the lady's family and/or friends. I know of more than one dude who took an immediate nut shot from a girl he got too grabby with, and he was asking for it.

SILENCE=COMPLICITY

For your reading pleasure: https://www.headstuff.org/topical/science/psychology/fight-flight-freeze-a-response-to-the-belfast-rape-trial/

Written By: 2001 on 07/28/18 at 9:51 am

SILENCE=COMPLICITY

I disagree We're talking about a CBS Exec, a really important person + very old. He isn't some random street perv. If you beat him up, you're finished. I don't think this is applicable in every situation. And some people just don't want to get into a fight

Written By: meesa on 07/28/18 at 10:11 am

It is extremely difficult to speak out against someone who has abused you, especially if that person holds some kind of power. I don't mean 'famous' people but people who are perceived as powerful in general.

The young child who was abused by an adult 
The woman who is abused by the pastor, or policeman...or president. 
The man who is abused by his boss, or maybe it's a 'stalwart of the community'.

When you are a victim of sexual abuses, the thoughts that run through your head are "No one will believe me," followed by "What will people think of me?"

What does it say about a society where a VICTIM will have these two things be the overriding factor of whether they speak out, or get help??
It's one of the most difficult things to overcome-the fear of admitting that you were sexually abused. There is so much misplaced guilt and self loathing that victims are saddled with, and if society's framework tells them that they are correct to feel guilty it won't stop.

SILENCE= COMPLICITY FEAR

Written By: Howard on 07/28/18 at 3:01 pm

The hell do I know.  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/30/18 at 6:13 pm

Amongst the allegations from one woman is that Les "shoved his tongue down throat".

Dude must have one freakishly long tongue.  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/31/18 at 6:15 pm

Today additional accusations have been brought to light that were not involved in Ronan Farrow's hatchet piece. Apparently the cops investigated a few other accusations but did not press charges because they were outside of the statute of limitations.

I will not describe the accusations here because they involve acts so vile, that discussing them in this forum would likely violate the InThe00s terms of service as well as general decorum.  8-P

Written By: 2001 on 07/31/18 at 6:20 pm

Amongst the allegations from one woman is that Les "shoved his tongue down throat".

Dude must have one freakishly long tongue.  :P

Oh, I've had French kisses gone wrong that felt like that.  8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...