inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: An interesting video on the current era of men

Written By: musicguy93 on 07/28/18 at 3:31 pm

This is a topic that I've been debating whether or not to bring up. On one hand it's definitely an aspect of 2010s culture that really bothers me. It was actually  On the other hand I'm sure it will offend some people. But I can't hold it in anymore. Anyway, this topic was brought up back in 2014 by Corey Margera (I know several people on this site are also a fan of his videos), but I think this subject applies to the entire decade:

nU98rXzj1nQ&t=344s

Basically it talks about how men today try too hard to either to be too macho or too nerdy. And it's easy to see that. On one hand you have the hipster guys whom are either too wimpy or geeky. But on the other hand, you have the overly macho dudebro type guys who act all thuggish and ghetto.

Now, I know a lot of you people will get offended by this video, but if you actually listen to the main message of the video, you'd realize he actually has a point. These two extremes are especially prevalent in the Silicon Valley/South Bay (where I currently reside).

Subject: Re: An interesting video on the current era of men

Written By: 2001 on 07/28/18 at 4:18 pm

I disagree with the premise. 90% of the people are in the middle in my experience.

With that in mind, from what I can tell, the man went on an unhinged rant about inconsequential things. I can't stand judgemental people.  :-X

Written By: captaincharisma on 07/28/18 at 5:04 pm

I seen this video before and im a huge fan of corey margera he always says nothing but the truth most of the time and I agree with this video.The type of men i think are too much are the dude bros they try so hard to be thuggish and it comes of uneducational.And bronies are pretty anoying to.

Written By: 90s Guy on 07/29/18 at 1:54 am

In my experience there are very few men who would be easily defined as masculine nowadays, and I mean more in attitude than in dress. It feels like ones teenage years in a sense now stretch to ones mid 30s; the "man child" seems more prevalent than ever. On the other hand you have the ultra macho types who overcompensate. But men today are softer than our forebears and it shows. Go look at a graduation photo of high schoolers from say 1930; then look at one today. The baby face reigns supreme.

Written By: Howard on 07/29/18 at 2:37 pm

I think I mentioned it before, I'm an older man and today's generation of guys sucks. All they talk about is how much they got wasted or how much pussy they got. Facebook this, Snapchat that, just so annoying already. ::)

Written By: 2001 on 07/29/18 at 4:46 pm

In my experience there are very few men who would be easily defined as masculine nowadays, and I mean more in attitude than in dress. It feels like ones teenage years in a sense now stretch to ones mid 30s; the "man child" seems more prevalent than ever. On the other hand you have the ultra macho types who overcompensate. But men today are softer than our forebears and it shows. Go look at a graduation photo of high schoolers from say 1930; then look at one today. The baby face reigns supreme.

Because sunscreen was invented ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...