inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Today’s Sony

Written By: duenas8 on 07/29/18 at 5:55 pm

Back in the 2000’s, Sony had many important products in sight such as Sony Ericsson cellphones, VAIO laptops, digital cameras and more. Now Samsung has taken its place and Sony no longer has those hyped high end devices, aside PlayStation.
What do you think is the future for this company? Is PS5 vital for Sony in the 2020s? Do you have interest in Sony cellphones? Thoughts?

http://www.licensingcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/101626952-186280768.530x298.jpg

Subject: Re: Today’s Sony

Written By: annimal on 07/29/18 at 6:01 pm

The CD playing stereo I still have is a Sony.  Wont be able to get another one

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/29/18 at 10:56 pm

My (premium) headphones are Sony. Best damn cans I've ever owned.

Written By: Howard on 07/30/18 at 5:23 am

I've heard of The Sony Walkman but that was over 30 years ago.

Written By: wixness on 07/30/18 at 7:29 am

I own a PS3 and I refuse to get a PS4 because of poor backward compatibility (although this is because of the PS3's unique microarchitecture). Found out that one of the albums I like may be linked to Sony. I also have a PS2 that I bought recently.
I like how Sony gained a cult of status in the last decade, especially when at that time, the consumer electronics market was more diverse. I dislike how they're less open than even Microsoft in terms of gaming.

Written By: John Titor on 07/30/18 at 11:16 am

Back in the 2000’s, Sony had many important products in sight such as Sony Ericsson cellphones, VAIO laptops, digital cameras and more. Now Samsung has taken its place and Sony no longer has those hyped high end devices, aside PlayStation.
What do you think is the future for this company? Is PS5 vital for Sony in the 2020s? Do you have interest in Sony cellphones? Thoughts?

http://www.licensingcorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/101626952-186280768.530x298.jpg

Sony Tvs > Samsung

Better color, and the sets last longer as well

and thats a fact lol

Written By: batfan2005 on 07/31/18 at 6:22 am

I still have a Sony smartphone (Xperia ZX Premium). I like their phones better than the Samsung Galaxys and of course better than iPhones.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/31/18 at 7:41 am

Sony hasn't really have been relevant since the mid 2000s, which makes sense. They were big in the 1970s-early 2000s because of the popularity of their good quality of electronics ranging from the Sony WalkMan (or DiscMan in the 90s), to its televisions, radios transmitters, boomboxes (my family had a Sony Boombox in the late 90s/early 00s), CDs, Sony VAIO Desktops (once again, my family owned one) speakers, camcorders (my family also had one of these), analog/digital cameras, and not to mention of course the success of the Original Playstation from 95'-01', and the Playstation 2 from 00'-06' (both of which I owned). It was no surprise that Sony dominated the market for almost 30 years because of these factors. They were essentially the Samsung of their day.

However, after the rise in Samsung with their highly advanced/competent LCD HDTVs in the mid-late 2000s, MP3s like the iPod taking over & thus supplanting the popularity of the WalkMan/DiscMans, the decline in popularity for film based cameras & camcorders, and the (initial) bomb that was the Playstation 3, Sony's influence on the market began to sharply recede. Now 15 years later, Sony is practically a shell of its former self. Like many other brands that I've grown up with (Toys R Us, RadioShack, Blockbuster, etc.) its shame that the company no longer has the same influence on the economy, & thus culture as a whole, as it did back in the 80s & 90s.

Written By: John Titor on 07/31/18 at 12:11 pm

Sony hasn't really have been relevant since the mid 2000s, which makes sense. They were big in the 1970s-early 2000s because of the popularity of their good quality of electronics ranging from the Sony WalkMan (or DiscMan in the 90s), to its televisions, radios transmitters, boomboxes (my family had a Sony Boombox in the late 90s/early 00s), CDs, Sony VAIO Desktops (once again, my family owned one) speakers, camcorders (my family also had one of these), analog/digital cameras, and not to mention of course the success of the Original Playstation from 95'-01', and the Playstation 2 from 00'-06' (both of which I owned). It was no surprise that Sony dominated the market for almost 30 years because of these factors. They were essentially the Samsung of their day.

However, after the rise in Samsung with their highly advanced/competent LCD HDTVs in the mid-late 2000s, MP3s like the iPod taking over & thus supplanting the popularity of the WalkMan/DiscMans, the decline in popularity for film based cameras & camcorders, and the (initial) bomb that was the Playstation 3, Sony's influence on the market began to sharply recede. Now 15 years later, Sony is practically a shell of its former self. Like many other brands that I've grown up with (Toys R Us, RadioShack, Blockbuster, etc.) its shame that the company no longer has the same influence on the economy, & thus culture as a whole, as it did back in the 80s & 90s.

Samsung products break so easy now a days,  The Samsung Tv panels fail a lot,  Sony tvs in gen still have better picture then any tv on the market, better color accuracy and better build, I do remember when VAIOs were equal as  Apple computers in the early 2000s lol Many tv studios still use Sony screens to test.

The ps3 and its lukewarm reception in late 2006 was what started the downfall.

Check for new replies or respond here...