inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Eighth Grade" is the perfect representation of a 2010s teen

Written By: deloresthegreat on 08/05/18 at 8:33 pm

This movie was amazing, and it represents the 2010s incredibly well.  Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you'll be shocked by how well it truly represents this decade.  I think that it will be the quintessential teen film of this decade.

Subject: Re: "Eighth Grade" is the perfect representation of a 2010s teen

Written By: John Titor on 08/05/18 at 8:53 pm

This movie was amazing, and it represents the 2010s incredibly well.  Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you'll be shocked by how well it truly represents this decade.  I think that it will be the quintessential teen film of this decade.

\Have heard nothing about it in the press

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/05/18 at 9:06 pm

Yeah, I remember talking about that movie on Popedia. To be honest, I can't really relate to it myself, although I do think it is generally an accurate representation of adolescence in the 2010s.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/05/18 at 9:58 pm

\Have heard nothing about it in the press

I've heard plenty about it. It's not mainstream big but it's indie big.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/07/18 at 9:34 pm

Yeah, I remember talking about that movie on Popedia. To be honest, I can't really relate to it myself, although I do think it is generally an accurate representation of adolescence in the 2010s.
Mainly late 10s teens aka early-mid 00s borns. Mid 10s teens would probably relate to it as well since Snapchat was pretty big around 2015 and 16, but most 99 borns like yourself would probably feel out of place with most high schoolers since they're core Z'ers.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/08/18 at 9:23 pm

Mainly late 10s teens aka early-mid 00s borns. Mid 10s teens would probably relate to it as well since Snapchat was pretty big around 2015 and 16, but most 99 borns like yourself would probably feel out of place with most high schoolers since they're core Z'ers.

Snapchat was a big deal as early as late 2013. I was a freshman at the time. So it’s relevant to most American youths born between 1997 and 2005.

Written By: Frodomar2002 on 08/10/18 at 2:43 pm

I'm homeschooled  8) and a good time too. Otherwise I think i'd go insane from bullying.

In all seriousness it could be a great movie if I saw it.

Written By: Wobo on 08/15/18 at 10:07 pm

I think it's a representation of a late 2010s teen and middle school in the late 2010s imo.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/15/18 at 10:09 pm

I'm going to be very honest. I haven't watched the movie yet, but looking at the trailer, I feel like this movie exaggerates way too much about how much teenagers spend time on their phones. It's not very realistic IMO.

Written By: duenas8 on 11/14/18 at 10:54 am

IMO the best teenage movie of the 2010’s, I tried to name just one 2010’s teenage movie better than this and I couldn’t find any.
I liked it even more than Lady Bird, which was nominated for best picture in the Oscars.

Written By: Dundee on 11/14/18 at 11:02 am

Looks like a typical teenage movie to me, maybe not as sugarcoated. Don't really want to see it to be honest...

I didn't like 8th grade and I just remembered it has been 8 years ago :o

Check for new replies or respond here...