inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Album to generate higher success - Nicki's or Lil Wayne Tha Carter 5?

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/07/18 at 8:47 pm

Which artist's upcoming album you believe will have a higher success in the long run? I'm gonna throw my votes on Wayne. While Tha Carter V is late, it still has a noticeable mystery to it while Nicki's upcoming work feels predictable.

Subject: Re: Album to generate higher success - Nicki's or Lil Wayne Tha Carter 5?

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/07/18 at 8:51 pm

In both cases, I feel like their peaks are long gone (in the mainstream world) but you're right, Lil Wayne could pull a surprise.

I think I might go with Nicki tho.

Subject: Re: Album to generate higher success - Nicki's or Lil Wayne Tha Carter 5?

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/07/18 at 9:03 pm

Although Nicki is grasping for relevance by begging for features and videos, I think Wayne will have the longer successful run.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/07/18 at 9:29 pm

Despite Wayne being past his prime, he still have a noteworthy fanbase, kids today are still familiar with Lil Wayne despite not getting any radio play in the last several years.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/07/18 at 10:47 pm

Despite Wayne being past his prime, he still have a noteworthy fanbase, kids today are still familiar with Lil Wayne despite not getting any radio play in the last several years.

You could even argue that today's big artists like Migos remind people of Wayne. Nicki is constantly losing appeal while the wait for Tha Carter V is quality, well balanced hype.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/09/18 at 3:49 pm

I have a realization that Wayne has yet to release the Carter 5 because Drake is still too popular.

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/09/18 at 6:20 pm

I have a realization that Wayne has yet to release the Carter 5 because Drake is still too popular.

Well Wayne just got out of a scandal with Cash Money & Baby. He's shooting a video now, plus I highly doubt he's putting it out for sales anyway.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/09/18 at 8:43 pm

Well Wayne just got out of a scandal with Cash Money & Baby. He's shooting a video now, plus I highly doubt he's putting it out for sales anyway.

But it'd be interesting if he was. I feel like Wayne would try to go out with pulling as much sells as possible, assuming The Carter 5 is his last work.

Written By: Dundee on 08/10/18 at 4:50 am

Nicki still has some visibility nowadays (tragically enough her featuring on a 6ix9ine song recently), Wayne has been out since the early 2010s despite good, constant material coming out since. Therefore I would go with Nicki.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/10/18 at 11:04 am

Nicki still has some visibility nowadays (tragically enough her featuring on a 6ix9ine song recently), Wayne has been out since the early 2010s despite good, constant material coming out since. Therefore I would go with Nicki.

I say Wayne still has that "mystery quality" because like Nicki, Wayne hasn't been striving for relevancy. Nicki's sells will feel unnaturally generated.

Written By: Dundee on 08/10/18 at 3:12 pm

I say Wayne still has that "mystery quality" because like Nicki, Wayne hasn't been striving for relevancy. Nicki's sells will feel unnaturally generated.
Mystery quality? Huh? ???
What does that even mean

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/10/18 at 4:15 pm

Mystery quality? Huh? ???
What does that even mean

Wayne's Carter 5 has a healthy intrigue around it where's Nicki doesn't even seem confident in her next work. Like as if she doesn't know what she really want to do. While Wayne had a recent struggle with his contract, his Carter 5 always had that anticipation hype around it. He's always been confident about releasing it. Its the same energy as when he released Tha Carter 3. Nicki's next work doesn't have that accurate energy around it. Rivalry is f** her up.

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/19/18 at 3:41 pm

Nicki is losing to Travis and has been ranting on Twitter for the past couple of days. She's so insecure, it's very sad. smh

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/19/18 at 6:37 pm

Nicki is losing to Travis and has been ranting on Twitter for the past couple of days. She's so insecure, it's very sad. smh

It is. Obviously she should have known you can't stay on top, unless your living in a fantasy. She must have that Kanye syndrome.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/19/18 at 7:13 pm

Little Wayne if he can stay off the purple drank.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/30/18 at 9:52 pm

Lil Wayne and Birdman are back on good terms, hopefully squashing any left over silliness. The energy around them is definitely a positive interesting now.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/12/18 at 10:33 pm

Tha Carter V is reportedly releasing this month.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/25/18 at 9:41 pm

Lil Wayne has recently announced he will be releasing C5 on Thursday.

I don't know what to expect but I'm hyped either way.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/28/18 at 2:16 am

So many click baits. Haha Can't listen to the album anywhere.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/28/18 at 3:31 am

The album hasn't ultimately failed the hype but it barely feels like Wayne to me. It feels more like Drake or a Travis Scott album. Mack Maine is really misplaced and the beats are too trap like. I don't know. Maybe The Carter 3 is just too perfect. Wayne's sound is definitely with the 2000s and early 2010s.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/11/18 at 12:55 am

Wayne currently has 4 singles in the top 10 on Billboard.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/18/18 at 5:04 pm

After giving the album an established listening, Tha Carter 4 is honestly way better. Tha Carter 5 tries too hard to be up to date and truly has questionable features that over shadows. Kendrick is accurate but Snoop Dogg and XXX are more forced, out of place. They weren't needed. Travis Scott was reaching the limit.

I wish Pusha T, Chris Brown and Andre3000 for example made the album because their accurate, a deeper associated and were present throughout Wayne's breakthrough.

Written By: Dundee on 10/30/18 at 11:18 am

Wayne currently has 4 singles in the top 10 on Billboard.
and vanished as soon as they entered

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/30/18 at 11:25 am

Are Amazon still stocking it?

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/30/18 at 12:18 pm

The album is selling well and has remained in the Top 5 on the Billboard album charts and top 5 sales wise since it's released. It's one of the only rap albums released this year displaying some longevity.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/30/18 at 12:49 pm

I dn't like the discussions on this forum anymore.  We need to stick to 80's topics.  That's what this forum is for.

Written By: Dundee on 11/03/18 at 1:57 pm

I dn't like the discussions on this forum anymore.  We need to stick to 80's topics.  That's what this forum is for.
Well no one forces you to not stick to the 80s section and ignore the rest

Written By: wsmith4 on 11/05/18 at 6:52 am

Well no one forces you to not stick to the 80s section and ignore the rest

It's against the rules and I have the right mind to report it!

Check for new replies or respond here...