inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AOL AIM has returned

Written By: John Titor on 08/08/18 at 4:39 pm

http://www.papermag.com/aim-phoenix-2581559933.html

http://www.fox29.com/good-day/343039013-video

Subject: Re: AOL AIM has returned

Written By: bchris02 on 08/09/18 at 12:23 pm

My question is WHY?  Most of us who were around for the 90s and early 2000s have fond, nostalgic memories of AIM.  However, the world and the Internet has moved on and I don't really think AIM has much of a place anymore.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/09/18 at 3:42 pm

My question is WHY?  Most of us who were around for the 90s and early 2000s have fond, nostalgic memories of AIM.  However, the world and the Internet has moved on and I don't really think AIM has much of a place anymore.
Aim was still widely used as recent as the Early 10s so it's not that disconnected from the modern internet age. My little brother was on Aim heavy back in 09-10.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/09/18 at 3:43 pm

I had AIM, MSN, and Yahoo and all three are irrelevant now.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/09/18 at 6:50 pm

Aim was still widely used as recent as the Early 10s so it's not that disconnected from the modern internet age. My little brother was on Aim heavy back in 09-10.

I used it up until around 2011.  Most of my friends weren't on it anymore by then but I had a couple that I still talked to.  However, in terms of Internet culture the world is very different now than it was even in the late '00s/early 10s.  For instance, Skype was still popular then and now nobody uses it anymore.

Platforms like Discord and Slack have pretty much replaced the need for AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and the like.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/09/18 at 8:33 pm

Now if only Yahoo! would restart the Yahoo! Chart rooms...

Written By: Howard on 08/10/18 at 7:32 am

people have moved on to better messengers.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/10/18 at 9:39 am

I had AIM in in 7th Grade :P. It was where all the cool kids were at... at least back in 6th grade ;D.

Written By: Howard on 08/10/18 at 2:07 pm

I had AIM in in 7th Grade :P. It was where all the cool kids were at... at least back in 6th grade ;D.

I got rid of mine many years ago.

Check for new replies or respond here...