inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Loyal to me Nina Nesbitt- Hints of the 2020s?

Written By: John Titor on 08/10/18 at 12:14 pm

alf5dVLTPjo

Subject: Re: Loyal to me Nina Nesbitt- Hints of the 2020s?

Written By: bchris02 on 08/10/18 at 1:38 pm

It has a Y2K-era sound to it in my opinion, but it's still different enough to be fresh.  This reminds me of when I heard La Roux - Bulletproof for the first time.

Written By: Dundee on 08/10/18 at 1:42 pm

Are we gonna on every song that sounds slightly different to what is popular right now and call it "the sound of the 2020s"?

Written By: bchris02 on 08/10/18 at 1:51 pm

Are we gonna on every song that sounds slightly different to what is popular right now and call it "the sound of the 2020s"?

People on this board did the same thing in 2008 trying to predict the sound of the '10s.  In my opinion, we'll have to wait until about 2021 or 2022 to get a better idea of what pop music will sound like in the 2020s and what genres will be popular.

Written By: exodus08 on 08/10/18 at 1:59 pm

People on this board did the same thing in 2008 trying to predict the sound of the '10s.  In my opinion, we'll have to wait until about 2021 or 2022 to get a better idea of what pop music will sound like in the 2020s and what genres will be popular.

That's true. Things usually change in the beginning of the next decade.

Written By: xenzue on 08/10/18 at 2:30 pm

It still has a strong 2010s feel, especially the drum kit. Matter fact I think I recognize that snare/clap sample, it's used a lot in trap production. Only the guitar sample gives me some Y2K feel.

I hope the 2020s brings about more complex rhythmic drum production like Timbaland or 00s Kanye in pop/hip hop/r&b.

Written By: xris on 08/10/18 at 6:57 pm

I want songs like Chocolate, Red Blooded Woman, Stickwitu and Leave (Get Out) back. Fed up with the shouting and broken-sounding (creole?) English.

The mid 2000s had loads of dross but the few good pop songs were amazingly well done. Wouldn't mind also some Duffy-like songs or punk pop ala 2003-2004 but by male bands and not fake pop princessesacting punk. :)

Written By: Dundee on 08/10/18 at 7:07 pm

And yeah listening more closely, despite more pronounced snare kicks than nowadays standards, that song sounds extremely mid-late 2010s with the very polished production that goes with it and guitar samples being quite common in Trap/Future Bass-inspired Electropop songs (see "Starving" by Heilee Steinfield or "Friends" by Anne-Marie).

Check for new replies or respond here...