inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: New Kim Possible TV Movie coming in 2019

Written By: mqg96 on 08/11/18 at 12:57 pm

FYI it's live-action and looks a bit cheesy so far with the little teaser. Disney XD has been playing reruns of Kim Possible the last several weeks, and now I understand why. Man, these kid networks are bringing back way too many shows here lately which tells you how little ideas they have right now.  :-\\

PEm3qCUWTXw

3ZLdskgdxvM

Subject: Re: New Kim Possible TV Movie coming in 2019

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/11/18 at 1:38 pm

Disney attempting to bring that 2000s nostalgia. It does feel wrong tho. I think a Proud Family TV movie would have worked greatly first.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/12/18 at 4:27 pm

Disney attempting to bring that 2000s nostalgia. It does feel wrong tho. I think a Proud Family TV movie would have worked greatly first.

The Proud Family was a perfect representation of the pop culture that represented African Americans throughout the early to mid 2000's. I don't know if a new movie would be able to blend into this current age we're living in now.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/12/18 at 4:33 pm

Enough with the damn reboots...

BTW, weird question, but what is the state of Disney Channel at this moment ???

Written By: 2001 on 08/12/18 at 4:36 pm

This show isn't even that old to warrant a nostalgia reboot :o Didn't it end in 2007 or something?

Written By: mqg96 on 08/12/18 at 4:48 pm

This show isn't even that old to warrant a nostalgia reboot :o Didn't it end in 2007 or something?

Yeah, however, it did start in 2002, so considering when it started and the vibe of the 1st season it's definitely a classic show now (because culturally and animation wise the show felt COMPLETELY different in 2002 compared to 2007). I didn't even watch the 4th season revival in 2007 because I stopped watching Disney Channel by then. I remember when it originally ended with So The Drama back in 2005.

Written By: mqg96 on 08/12/18 at 4:49 pm

Enough with the damn reboots...

BTW, weird question, but what is the state of Disney Channel at this moment ???

I have no idea lol  ;D

I just know its animated shows have gotten a lot better in recent years (and this is when talking about Disney in general, regardless of if it's put on Disney XD, Disney Channel, or Disney Junior)

Outside of Raven's Home I'm completely unaware of its other live action sitcoms.

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/12/18 at 5:31 pm

I swear I had no idea half of the cartoons I grew up with last that long  :o. I wouldn't have known Ed Edd n Eddy, Kim Possible, or Thats So Raven lasted as long as it did had y'all not said anything.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/12/18 at 5:34 pm

The Proud Family was a perfect representation of the pop culture that represented African Americans throughout the early to mid 2000's. I don't know if a new movie would be able to blend into this current age we're living in now.

Huh? It actually would. It would be just a movie so it could be a representation of twitter, black twitter to be specific.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/12/18 at 7:33 pm

Oh God. This looks so damn corny already https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/beli.png.

Disney Channel just remade Freaky Friday into a DCOM musical too. SMH.

Written By: Frodomar2002 on 08/13/18 at 1:33 pm

That was my sister's favorite show back in the day.

She was born December 1996.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/13/18 at 6:51 pm

We already getting an Invader Zim movie. 2000s nostalgia just keeps on creeping in. Surprised we haven't seen a new Spy Kids movie popping up at this point.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/13/18 at 6:59 pm

We already getting an Invader Zim movie. 2000s nostalgia just keeps on creeping in. Surprised we haven't seen a new Spy Kids movie popping up at this point.

I don't know if this counts, but there is a third Spongebob movie going to be released on the 21st anniversary of the show's official premiere (July 17, 2020).

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/13/18 at 8:33 pm

Oh God. This looks so damn corny already https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/beli.png.

Disney Channel just remade Freaky Friday into a DCOM musical too. SMH.

BRUH... No.... they just crossed the line.

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/13/18 at 9:24 pm

True but it started in 2002 which still kinda has an old school vibe compared to 2007, so I can see why it could slip in as being a nostalgia reboot, barely.

/decadeology over

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/13/18 at 9:30 pm

True but it started in 2002 which still kinda has an old school vibe compared to 2007, so I can see why it could slip in as being a nostalgia reboot, barely.

/decadeology over

On top of that the show originally ended in 2005, it was only to be brought back to mixed results in 2007. Overall, excluding the revamped 2007 season, the era of the show from 2002-2005 is certainly old enough to count as nostalgic. That's 13-16 years ago (14-17 by the time this movie comes out).

Not to continue beating Slowpoke up about this ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/13/18 at 9:51 pm

BRUH... No.... they just crossed the line.

I know, they definitely did.

Here it is:
GhajYz6tH1A

It premiered on August 10th. It's terrible 8-P.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/13/18 at 10:07 pm

I know, they definitely did.

Here it is:
GhajYz6tH1A

It premiered on August 10th. It's terrible 8-P.

This is why there is this saying that reboots are usually bad.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:30 am

This is why there is this saying that reboots are usually bad.

Honestly, the reason why TV Networks are rebooting so much TV shows and movies is to pander to people in their 20s and 30s getting nostalgic over their childhoods. That and people keep demanding for the old shows back.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/18 at 7:54 am

Honestly, the reason why TV Networks are rebooting so much TV shows and movies is to pander to people in their 20s and 30s getting nostalgic over their childhoods. That and people keep demanding for the old shows back.

I guess people enjoy reliving so much nostalgia.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 10:01 pm

trash

Check for new replies or respond here...