inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: To Hipster Haters

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/13/18 at 11:42 pm

What makes you a non-hipster?

Subject: Re: To Hipster Haters

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/13/18 at 11:59 pm

We don't dress like or participate in activities  that people typically consider hipster. Well, I don't hate hipsters but I'm not one.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 2:00 am

So what exactly is a hipster? Is it someone who follows all the latest trend?

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/14/18 at 2:10 am

What would make me a hipster? I prefer normal foods, not deconstructed meals and drinks you put together yourself while out to eat. I don't shop at thrift stores for out of style clothing. I don't listen to obscure indie bands for the fact they're obscure and indie. I'm not into things for the sake of being "ironic."

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:16 am

What would make me a hipster? I prefer normal foods, not deconstructed meals and drinks you put together yourself while out to eat. I don't shop at thrift stores for out of style clothing. I don't listen to obscure indie bands for the fact they're obscure and indie. I'm not into things for the sake of being "ironic."

Honestly, if you follow the latest trends, wear the latest fashion, or say the latest slang, then that makes you a hipster. From what you told me, I don't think you're a hipster. I stopped following trends or fads when I was 19. I like to eat out, but I cook my own foods more than I go out. When it comes to clothes, I usually like wearing a tucked in plain solid color t-shirt with simple pants and shoes. I usually wear my favorite sports teams too, but not a lot. As for music, I listen to a variety. I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the latest music though, mainly because I listen to music on 99.9 where they play a mix of new and old music.

I will say this, my hairstyle is a bit on the "unusual" side. I usually style a mohawk when I go out and run errands. Of course I don't style a mohawk at work because I always act professional in the workplace. I say it's unusual because whenever I go out and run errands, everyone stares at me like I'm not human lol I think it's the whole "if he styles a mohawk, then that makes him a rebel or punk" stereotype. Really, that's all I wear lol I don't wear leather jackets or dark makeup or combat boots. I just wear a simple tucked in t shirt, clean pants, and shoes.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/14/18 at 5:26 am

Honestly, if you follow the latest trends, wear the latest fashion, or say the latest slang, then that makes you a hipster. From what you told me, I don't think you're a hipster. I stopped following trends or fads when I was 19. I like to eat out, but I cook my own foods more than I go out. When it comes to clothes, I usually like wearing a tucked in plain solid color t-shirt with simple pants and shoes. I usually wear my favorite sports teams too, but not a lot. As for music, I listen to a variety. I haven't been keeping up-to-date with the latest music though, mainly because I listen to music on 99.9 where they play a mix of new and old music.

I will say this, my hairstyle is a bit on the "unusual" side. I usually style a mohawk when I go out and run errands. Of course I don't style a mohawk at work because I always act professional in the workplace. I say it's unusual because whenever I go out and run errands, everyone stares at me like I'm not human lol I think it's the whole "if he styles a mohawk, then that makes him a rebel or punk" stereotype. Really, that's all I wear lol I don't wear leather jackets or dark makeup or combat boots. I just wear a simple tucked in t shirt, clean pants, and shoes.

I'm too old to be wearing today's trends of crop tops and super tight mom jeans. When I color my hair it's natural colors. I wear t-shirts or blouses and a skirt if I'm feeling like being somewhat fancy. When it's cold I wear hoodies and sweaters and jeans. The most alternative thing I own is a Tripp jacket that has faux fur and a pair of large crossed safety pins on the sleeves and I've gotten compliments on it.  Most of my favorite music came from the 90s or 2000s with some current rock bands mixed in.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:44 am

I'm too old to be wearing today's trends of crop tops and super tight mom jeans. When I color my hair it's natural colors. I wear t-shirts or blouses and a skirt if I'm feeling like being somewhat fancy. When it's cold I wear hoodies and sweaters and jeans. The most alternative thing I own is a Tripp jacket that has faux fur and a pair of large crossed safety pins on the sleeves and I've gotten compliments on it.  Most of my favorite music came from the 90s or 2000s with some current rock bands mixed in.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Even though I'm still relatively young (23), I get told my getting a little too old to be following the latest trends. Not that I've always been following though. During the winter time, I usually wear my hockey jersey with a hoodie underneath. It doesn't get cold cold from where I'm from, but living in Arizona, I rarely to get wear my hockey jersey like that (or just a hockey jersey in general). So when winter comes, you best believe I'm gonna wear my hockey jersey over my jacket! :D Also, I don't like dressing up fancy (not all the time that is). I'm more a casual person :)

I've actually been given compliments on my mohawk. I don't put any highlights because I don't think it looks good on me. It's funny whenever I style a mohawk, because I usually get a few people giving me the "rock on" hand sign. My favorite music mostly came from the 2000s (might be a bit biased since I grew up in the 2000s) and a few from this decade. I do like 70s and 80s music though. When I was a kid, I usually play a lot of my parents old cassette tapes and records and listen to them for hours.

Written By: wixness on 08/14/18 at 6:00 am

The gendered and rather conservative fashion they have compared to 2000s alternative fashion. For instance, men are wearing their beards big and their hair short and women dress like they're from the 20th century sometimes, but at least with their hair on some occasions, it looks more like that from the 20th century. 2000s alternative fashion had both sexes wearing something more elaborate, modern, edgy, androgynous and rather kawaii in my opinion; both sexes had somewhat straight but spunky hair, with the guys wearing longer than what would be seen as typically acceptable for guys. Reference my avatar if you want to know how I liked people looking like.

A meme back in that decade about how one can't tell the sex of an emo kid went around, although this would have most likely been fueled by the more homophobic and sexist attitudes that were more prevalent and permitted then. These days, with a few exceptions, even religious fundamentalists can consider the fashion of this decade to be recommended, which I don't want.
https://www.indy100.com/article/russia-religion-church-leader-homosexuality-accusations-lgbt-beard-7799406
https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/20/turkish-preacher-thinks-men-grow-beards-dont-look-like-women-7175059/
I see a lot of men where I live wear their beards big and long, so they could be seen as "real" Christians or Muslims as well as "real" men. What will anger these religious authorities though is their support for LGBT rights considering the liberal nature of where I live.

The music IMO sounds blander in an effort to appear more grown up and less manufactured this decade, and I believe this is as a result of the hipster aesthetic dominating 2010s culture.

Written By: wixness on 08/14/18 at 6:01 am

I can accept the hipster tenets of living ethically and minimally and consuming more organic produce, but I don't like their tastes in aesthetics.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/18 at 7:51 am

I don't hate hipsters, I respect them but I will not dress like them or eat what they eat.

Written By: wixness on 08/14/18 at 8:05 am

I don't hate hipsters, I respect them but I will not dress like them or eat what they eat.
I'm conflicted. I like fast food and soda too much although they're made by religious fundamentalist corporate scum who suppress unions like through hiring paramilitaries to stop their protests.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 1:23 pm

Yeah, I don't hate hipsters either, but I don't like to dress like them or eat whatever it is hipsters eat.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/14/18 at 1:46 pm

There are fashion trends for older people as well.

Two days ago I saw a white woman with long grey hair who was probably in her late 50s, early 60s. She was wearing this bright late 2010sish mustard yellow sweatshirt and black joggers and she looked fly as all hell. She did kind of have good energy to her, so I'm sure that probably sold her look.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/14/18 at 1:49 pm

I understand this definition but it's still different from a lot of people's definition of hipster.

and...what do hipsters eat? Ya know, some people consider cooking at home to be hipster.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/14/18 at 2:04 pm

I understand this definition but it's still different from a lot of people's definition of hipster.

and...what do hipsters eat? Ya know, some people consider cooking at home to be hipster.

They probably eat avacado toast, bacon, food truck tacos, and kale.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/18 at 2:04 pm

Yeah, I don't hate hipsters either, but I don't like to dress like them or eat whatever it is hipsters eat.

I dress as a more casual/professional attire, dress shirts sometimes, Polos, Izods and maybe a tie occasionally.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/14/18 at 2:19 pm

Yeah. Those are the ultimate hipster stereotypical foods

But honestly...people avoid eating these things because they're considered hipster? Jesus. What a way to make yourself miss out on the good things in life.

Written By: Howard on 08/14/18 at 2:26 pm

Do they also drink coffee at Starbucks too?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/14/18 at 2:27 pm

What makes you a non-hipster?

I'm old and I don't smoke weed.  ;D

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/14/18 at 2:30 pm

Only at Starbucks?

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/14/18 at 2:42 pm

Nope. Independent coffee shops only unless your normie friends demand you guys meet up at Starbucks.  ;D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/14/18 at 2:47 pm

A lot of people don't like hipsters because they are a huge glaring symbol of gentrification :-X.

Written By: John Titor on 08/14/18 at 2:49 pm

A lot of people don't like hipsters because they are a huge glaring symbol of gentrification :-X.

The whole outside mall thing that south park made front of

but its dying out atleast (The hipster era)

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/14/18 at 2:52 pm

Yeah, I know how you feel. Even though I'm still relatively young (23), I get told my getting a little too old to be following the latest trends. Not that I've always been following though. During the winter time, I usually wear my hockey jersey with a hoodie underneath. It doesn't get cold cold from where I'm from, but living in Arizona, I rarely to get wear my hockey jersey like that (or just a hockey jersey in general). So when winter comes, you best believe I'm gonna wear my hockey jersey over my jacket! :D Also, I don't like dressing up fancy (not all the time that is). I'm more a casual person :)

I've actually been given compliments on my mohawk. I don't put any highlights because I don't think it looks good on me. It's funny whenever I style a mohawk, because I usually get a few people giving me the "rock on" hand sign. My favorite music mostly came from the 2000s (might be a bit biased since I grew up in the 2000s) and a few from this decade. I do like 70s and 80s music though. When I was a kid, I usually play a lot of my parents old cassette tapes and records and listen to them for hours.

The latest trends aren't always bad or weird, it just happens to be that this decade the trends are things that wouldn't look flattering whatsoever on someone who is older. Not to say that some people well past their teens and early twenties can't pull off some looks, but generally people change their style over the years and play it a little safer. So no brightly colored hair, crop tops, bright makeup, and things that scream "look at me!" I'm a more casual person too because although I want to look nice, if I put on a dress and nice shoes, I feel like I have to do the whole makeup and hair thing with it or it's half-assed.

Written By: piecesof93 on 08/14/18 at 3:06 pm

Honestly, if you follow the latest trends, wear the latest fashion, or say the latest slang, then that makes you a hipster.

I disagree. Hipsters have their own culture. Each subculture has their own set of "current trends."

Written By: 90s Guy on 08/14/18 at 3:06 pm

Do hipsters even exist at this point? I mean the whole ironic hipster or lumberjack big bearded hipster type? It seems like the whole subculture has become more mainstream so in a sense hipsters as their own subculture seem like they no longer really exist. Like how elements of Hippie and Punk culture have become mainstream since the 60s and 70s but the true believers of both groups just faded into obscurity.

Written By: xenzue on 08/14/18 at 3:08 pm

I can see genderless/androgynous fashion comeback for the 20s, but we'd need an icon to represent that movement.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/14/18 at 4:03 pm

I've met what consider to be "old" hipsters and they're more into drinking than weed.

Whether or not I agree with other people's definition of a hipster is the question.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/14/18 at 4:18 pm

I've met what consider to be "old" hipsters and they're more into drinking than weed.

Whether or not I agree with other people's definition of a hipster is the question.

Never said I didn't drink.  ;D

But the hipsters seem to be more into IPA's and stuff like that.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/14/18 at 4:28 pm

I wouldn't call you old. I would call you "chronologically challenged."  ;D ;D ;D

(And I do smoke weed.)

Cat

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/14/18 at 4:29 pm

But honestly...people avoid eating these things because they're considered hipster? Jesus. What a way to make yourself miss out on the good things in life.

I love bacon.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:14 pm

Honestly, I don't think it's a hipster thing to drink coffee at Starbucks. I mean, I see lots of people sitting at their tables drinking coffee while on their laptops, but it ranges from young adults to older adults. Actually, I see more people my age or older more than people younger than me at coffee shops.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:23 pm

So what exactly do hipsters eat then? Back when I was 18-20, I used to eat out a lot, but now I cook my own foods.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/14/18 at 5:40 pm

Honestly, if you follow the latest trends, wear the latest fashion, or say the latest slang, then that makes you a hipster.

Yeah, that's basically what a hipster is.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 5:42 pm

I disagree. Hipsters have their own culture. Each subculture has their own set of "current trends."

I guess that makes me a hipster then with Mohawk hairstyle, tucked in solid color t shirts, clean pants and shoes  ;)

Written By: 2001 on 08/14/18 at 5:55 pm

I guess that makes me a hipster then with Mohawk hairstyle, tucked in solid color t shirts, clean pants and shoes  ;)

That sounds fly af :D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/14/18 at 5:58 pm

Actually, that's pretty much the polar opposite of what the stereotypical hipster is.

From Wikipedia, we get this (though similar descriptions can be found many places):

"Hipsters also frequently flaunt a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing, generally pacifist, progressive and green political views, veganism, organic and artisanal foods, craft alcoholic beverages, and alternative lifestyles. The subculture typically consists of mostly white young adults living in urban areas."
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

Non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing is the antithesis of wearing the latest fashions.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 6:49 pm

Actually, that's pretty much the polar opposite of what the stereotypical hipster is.

From Wikipedia, we get this (though similar descriptions can be found many places):

"Hipsters also frequently flaunt a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing, generally pacifist, progressive and green political views, veganism, organic and artisanal foods, craft alcoholic beverages, and alternative lifestyles. The subculture typically consists of mostly white young adults living in urban areas."
-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(contemporary_subculture)

Non-mainstream fashion sensibility, vintage and thrift store-bought clothing is the antithesis of wearing the latest fashions.

Interesting. Given the definition from Wikipedia, it sounds like the opposite of what I thought a hipster was. I feel kind of stupid now. To be honest, when you've been out of high school for almost 6 years and out of college for almost 2 years, it's kind of difficult to understand the trends nowadays, especially when I don't go out as much anymore.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/14/18 at 7:00 pm

That sounds fly af :D

Eh, I guess. It's just something casual. I don't break the bank to buy expensive clothing. I usually buy my clothes from Walmart or Kohl's lol It's usually the mohawk that stands out. The clothes I wear are so casual that people don't pay attention to what I wear, but my hair. It's something not a lot of people they see style nowadays. That's what one person told me :)

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/14/18 at 8:43 pm

People who are into obscure things and dislike what's mainstream.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/18 at 2:46 pm

Only at Starbucks?

maybe they want a $5 cuppa coffee.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/18 at 2:47 pm

Nope. Independent coffee shops only unless your normie friends demand you guys meet up at Starbucks.  ;D

With a grande latte & a silly little crumb cake. ::)

Written By: Howard on 08/15/18 at 2:49 pm

Honestly, I don't think it's a hipster thing to drink coffee at Starbucks. I mean, I see lots of people sitting at their tables drinking coffee while on their laptops, but it ranges from young adults to older adults. Actually, I see more people my age or older more than people younger than me at coffee shops.

To be honest Star, I'd rather drink a dollar cuppa coffee at a bodega than drink an expensive coffee at Starbucks.

Written By: 2001 on 08/15/18 at 4:02 pm

*coffee houses.

I am a masala chai and green tea person anyway.

Written By: Looney Toon on 08/15/18 at 4:02 pm

I don't mind hipsters, but only liking something because it's not popular is kinda shallow. If you were to like something and the moment that specific-something became popular do you just automatically lose interest?

But hey at the end of the day whether or not someone likes something ain't a big deal. What they like or don't like isn't my business anyways, I guess.

With all that said I remember a few years earlier where being hipster was the "hip" thing to be making it kinda mainstream. Funny how that worked.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/15/18 at 10:31 pm

To be honest Star, I'd rather drink a dollar cuppa coffee at a bodega than drink an expensive coffee at Starbucks.

I have to be honest, the coffee at Starbucks (where I live) is pretty dang expensive. It costs me $5.50 for a Tall Caramel Frappucino. That's kind of ridiculous. It used to be just $3.50. Honestly, I'm thinking of getting my coffee from the local grocery store and just making it myself lol

Written By: 2001 on 08/16/18 at 5:22 am

I have to be honest, the coffee at Starbucks (where I live) is pretty dang expensive. It costs me $5.50 for a Tall Caramel Frappucino. That's kind of ridiculous. It used to be just $3.50. Honestly, I'm thinking of getting my coffee from the local grocery store and just making it myself lol

That's what I do. When making tea at home as a part of breakfast, I throw in another cup into my thermos which I drink at lunchtime at work.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/18 at 3:47 pm

Just go to a bodega or better yet go to Dunkin Donuts and pay about $1.25 for a medium coffee, why pay so much at Starbucks? ???

Written By: Howard on 08/16/18 at 3:48 pm

That's what I do. When making tea at home as a part of breakfast, I throw in another cup into my thermos which I drink at lunchtime at work.

We have a Keurig at home and we use it all the time.

Written By: John Titor on 08/16/18 at 4:04 pm

Just go to a bodega or better yet go to Dunkin Donuts and pay about $1.25 for a medium coffee, why pay so much at Starbucks? ???

dunkins is gross

Written By: Howard on 08/16/18 at 4:31 pm

dunkins is gross

It's not too bad, Why do you find it gross?

Written By: John Titor on 08/16/18 at 5:14 pm

It's not too bad, Why do you find it gross?

Watery and no flavor

Written By: 90s Guy on 08/16/18 at 5:33 pm

People who are into obscure things and dislike what's mainstream.

I don't think that makes one a hipster. Like, the things I love are generally vintage and obscure and I generally dislike the mainstream, but I've been consistent in feeling this way for over a decade. Back in 2004, 2005 I missed the 90s. Most of the games I play and the music I listen to came out prior to around 2004. I dress very 90s but then again I've dressed that way my entire life. I'm a grump who genuinely feels pop culture has been slowly going downhill for at least a decade and a half.

I think for hipsters, they do it to BE different, not because it comes natural. They like obscure things because they are obscure and dislike mainstream things BECAUSE they are mainstream. They listen to what they listen to and wear what they wear ironically, like, as a joke on those rubes like myself who genuinely like those things. Hipsters from what I understand basically are contrarian nonconformists who only like what they like to be contrary. Not for any real reason. That to me is what a hipster is, and that's why people hate them.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/16/18 at 5:45 pm

I like Dunkin Donuts, but only for their donuts. I'm not too crazy about their coffee.

Written By: Dundee on 08/16/18 at 6:51 pm

I like Dunkin Donuts, but only for their donuts. I'm not too crazy about their coffee.
Their coffee sucks but their cookies is dreams

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 7:28 am

Watery and no flavor

bodega coffee is just as bad cause the coffee just sits there but if you put a bit of sugar and creamer it's not too awful.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 7:29 am

Their donuts are good.

Written By: wixness on 08/17/18 at 8:54 am

Their donuts are good.

Yes. Shame my local Dunkin Donuts shut down.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/17/18 at 9:36 am

I think for hipsters, they do it to BE different, not because it comes natural. They like obscure things because they are obscure and dislike mainstream things BECAUSE they are mainstream. They listen to what they listen to and wear what they wear ironically, like, as a joke on those rubes like myself who genuinely like those things.  Hipsters from what I understand basically are contrarian nonconformists who only like what they like to be contrary. Not for any real reason. That to me is what a hipster is, and that's why people hate them.

A while back I was in a coffee shop in Lawrence, Kansas when I saw this skinny, bespectacled hipster wearing a Yellow Freight System work shirt. Having actually worked there myself, I found it amusing that someone would think that wearing one of my work uniforms would make them cool.  ;D

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/18 at 11:19 am

bodega coffee is just as bad cause the coffee just sits there but if you put a bit of sugar and creamer it's not too awful.

I don't go there LOL

I got to the best coffee places, if I have to find somewhere in a pinch it will be Starbucks

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/18 at 11:39 am

I don't go there LOL

I got to the best coffee places, if I have to find somewhere in a pinch it will be Starbucks
Hipster.

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/18 at 11:48 am

Hipster.

So you are calling me that name because I refuse to drink crappy Dunkin Donuts?
Thats like saying someone is a hipster for buying a Sony TV instead of some crappy Dynex Besy Buy brand.

Drinking the best of something is drinking it because its the best LOL In California theres tons of coffee shops that taste
better than Dunkins, I find that alot of people don't know any better and think Dunkins is the best simply because they don't venture
outside to other establishments so its all they know.

Written By: 2001 on 08/17/18 at 12:14 pm

So you are calling me that name because I refuse to drink crappy Dunkin Donuts?
Thats like saying someone is a hipster for buying a Sony TV instead of some crappy Dynex Besy Buy brand.

Drinking the best of something is drinking it because its the best LOL In California theres tons of coffee shops that taste
better than Dunkins, I find that alot of people don't know any better and think Dunkins is the best simply because they don't venture
outside to other establishments so its all they know.

Chill, I was joking. ;D

And expose me.  :-X

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/18 at 12:41 pm

Chill, I was joking. ;D

And expose me.  :-X

Speaking of Dunkins I just walked by one , I hope it gets shut down

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/17/18 at 1:44 pm

Dunkin Donuts is better than Starbucks though.

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/18 at 1:53 pm

no way lol  I been walking around new york all day they are on every corner as well, but from my experience
their coffee is very watery and lacks taste

Written By: Star Struck on 08/17/18 at 1:56 pm

Speaking of getting shut down, they just shut down the nearest Dunkin Donuts by my house. Now the nearest one is around 5 miles. Which I guess it doesn't sound too far, but still.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/17/18 at 1:58 pm

no way lol  I been walking around new york all day they are on every corner as well, but from my experience
their coffee is very watery and lacks taste

Starbucks is overpriced.

Written By: Star Struck on 08/17/18 at 2:08 pm

Starbucks is overpriced.

It's true. They kind of are, but they're coffee is pretty good.

Written By: John Titor on 08/17/18 at 3:15 pm

Starbucks is overpriced.

I rather drink something that tastes good then does not lol

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 5:17 pm

Yes. Shame my local Dunkin Donuts shut down.

Is there another you can go to? ???

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/17/18 at 5:19 pm

It's true. They kind of are, but they're coffee is pretty good.

Independent coffee shops have better quality, but Starbucks isn't bad. Their special seasonal drinks are pretty nice.

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 5:19 pm

I don't go there LOL

But why would you want an expensive coffee?

Written By: Howard on 08/17/18 at 5:20 pm

Do Starbucks sell donuts?

Written By: wixness on 08/18/18 at 3:04 pm

Is there another you can go to? ???
I can try Costa but I don't think I can find any place outside of supermarkets for doughnuts. Even then they don't do chocolate filled ones (at least not so much I think).

Written By: Howard on 08/18/18 at 4:03 pm

Independent coffee shops have better quality, but Starbucks isn't bad. Their special seasonal drinks are pretty nice.

But why pay 4 or 5 dollars for a coffee when you can go to a local bagel or bodega shop and get a coffee for about 50 cents to about a dollar?

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/18/18 at 5:27 pm

I don't think that makes one a hipster. Like, the things I love are generally vintage and obscure and I generally dislike the mainstream, but I've been consistent in feeling this way for over a decade. Back in 2004, 2005 I missed the 90s. Most of the games I play and the music I listen to came out prior to around 2004. I dress very 90s but then again I've dressed that way my entire life. I'm a grump who genuinely feels pop culture has been slowly going downhill for at least a decade and a half.

I think for hipsters, they do it to BE different, not because it comes natural. They like obscure things because they are obscure and dislike mainstream things BECAUSE they are mainstream. They listen to what they listen to and wear what they wear ironically, like, as a joke on those rubes like myself who genuinely like those things. Hipsters from what I understand basically are contrarian nonconformists who only like what they like to be contrary. Not for any real reason. That to me is what a hipster is, and that's why people hate them.

You're a fking hipster.

:)

Written By: Dundee on 08/18/18 at 6:08 pm

You're a fking hipster.

:)

I agree, super hipster even

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/18/18 at 6:41 pm

We have a Keurig at home and we use it all the time.

I don't drink coffee but Keurig made me A LOT of $$$$$.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/19/18 at 7:26 am

I don't drink coffee but Keurig made me A LOT of $$$$$.

Cat

What about hot tea?

Written By: Slim95 on 08/19/18 at 11:40 pm

Hipsters are annoying.

Written By: Howard on 08/20/18 at 6:56 am

Hipsters are annoying.

and they dress funny.

Written By: 2001 on 08/20/18 at 9:47 am

Hipsters are annoying.

Mess @ this being one of your final posts.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/18 at 11:28 am

What about hot tea?

That is all I drink. I usually have about 5 large cups of tea a day. 3 caffeinated in the morning, and then 2 decaf/herbal (I like to sleep at night). Some days I even have more. 

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/20/18 at 2:40 pm

That is all I drink. I usually have about 5 large cups of tea a day. 3 caffeinated in the morning, and then 2 decaf/herbal (I like to sleep at night). Some days I even have more. 

Cat

I sometimes I have about 2-3 cups of coffee but I'm trying to limit my coffee intake by drinking more water and less coffee.

Check for new replies or respond here...