inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Social media websites with green or yellow logos?

Written By: xris on 08/16/18 at 11:06 pm

It just downed on me that there are no social media websites using green, yellow, purple/lilac or orange as their main color. WhatsApp is green, but it's an app/messenger, not a website social network, so please lets stick to those that have a usable website as that's what I prefer.  :) Reddit's logo is kinda orange, but it's very very close to a reddish tint. Green, orange or yellow ones are either apps like Snapchat which I don't like, niche ones like SoundCloud or not so popular (except for Spotify, but they recently changed their logo to white on dark background).

Facebook, LinkedIn, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram - blue or black
YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Quora - red
Reddit - reddish orange
Vine was green but it is now defunct (and I think it was more like an app).
Gab has a lovely shade of green but it's filled with alt-right nutters. :)
hi5 - has yellow on logo, but it's niche, not as popular as before.

What made me open this thread is this image where the cool green and yellow buttons are used for generic emailing and printing.

Subject: Re: Social media websites with green or yellow logos?

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/16/18 at 11:13 pm

I thought Instagram's logo was pink-purple ???

Written By: xris on 08/16/18 at 11:15 pm

^Except that. I hate pink/reddish and it has those tones. :)
Same for Tinder, it's orange with pink.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/16/18 at 11:23 pm

I don't think there's any mainstream social media site out there that uses green or yellow logos. It seems the majority are either using red or blue.

Written By: Dundee on 08/17/18 at 4:12 am

There's Blogger which has an orange logo. Not technically social medio, more of a platform. But still the closest you can get
https://www.lifewire.com/thmb/GQdAb8CYYKp47k6zlE9ZH-3t0HU=/768x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/blogger_b_logo-56a249ac3df78cf772741af3.jpg

Written By: wixness on 08/17/18 at 5:00 am

I thought Instagram's logo was pink-purple ???
I don't like how Instagram used a gradient for their new logos. Gradients are not flat design.

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/17/18 at 3:36 pm

It just downed on me that there are no social media websites using green, yellow, purple/lilac or orange as their main color. WhatsApp is green, but it's an app/messenger, not a website social network, so please lets stick to those that have a usable website as that's what I prefer.  :) Reddit's logo is kinda orange, but it's very very close to a reddish tint. Green, orange or yellow ones are either apps like Snapchat which I don't like, niche ones like SoundCloud or not so popular (except for Spotify, but they recently changed their logo to white on dark background).

Facebook, LinkedIn, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram - blue or black
YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Quora - red
Reddit - reddish orange
Vine was green but it is now defunct (and I think it was more like an app).
Gab has a lovely shade of green but it's filled with alt-right nutters. :)
hi5 - has yellow on logo, but it's niche, not as popular as before.

What made me open this thread is this image where the cool green and yellow buttons are used for generic emailing and printing.

Uhhh Deviantart uses green...

Check for new replies or respond here...