inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: It's been a fun ride

Written By: Slim95 on 08/20/18 at 12:20 am

I know I promised I wouldn't make an actual separate topic thread if I ever decided to leave, but I can't help it as I've been on here too long to leave without saying goodbye. Things are changing in my life, I'm moving out (into my university residence) and I'm getting different priorities and new challenges I need to face. I think it's about time to leave the forum behind. I didn't expect to ever leave, but things happen and I need to shift my focus onto other areas in my life. Admittedly, this place isn't as fun as it was when I first joined and there is a new generation of younger users. That's a good thing to keep this place alive, but I think I am finally outgrowing this place. It was fun while it lasted. I know I am a very divisive figure on here and I've had a lot of fights and disagreements with people, but I would just like to say sorry to anyone I've ever offended on here and would like to make amends before my departure. Slowpoke, if you don't reply with a "Oh you'll be back honey" I'll be disappointed in you.  ;) Lol but seriously though, you'll be the only active Canadian left on here, I'm counting on you to be a great Canadian rep and make our country proud.  8) And for everyone else I've had connections with on here, you guys rock and keep being awesome! I am planning to leave for good and I will delete my account soon, but I may occasionally come by to lurk around the site.

As a tribute to my final post on here, I will share my first ever thread I have made on inthe00s all the way back in 2012 when I was just 17 years old. I've come a long way since then. That was back when I didn't know what decadeology was.  ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=47300.msg2962145#msg2962145

So long everyone!  :\'(

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/glee/images/1/17/Bye_daniel.gif/revision/latest?cb=20110716235001

Subject: Re: It's been a fun ride

Written By: Zelek3 on 08/20/18 at 12:24 am

See ya Slim. You were a great contributor and I liked your varied opinions on here.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 08/20/18 at 12:47 am

It's sad to see you go Slim. I know we've had our fair share of disagreements over the past two years, but I can't fault your passion for pop culture and it's all water under the bridge now. Best of luck for the future and hope to hear from you again. :)

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/20/18 at 1:00 am

See ya later. Best of luck at your university!

Written By: Longaotian00 on 08/20/18 at 2:00 am

As mentioned above, we may have not gotten along all the time and had different opinions, however it cant have been that bad otherwise we both wouldnt have ended up on this forum. Anyways, it was still good having you on the forum and contributing in discussions :). Good luck at University! :D

Written By: Wobo on 08/20/18 at 2:48 am

Good luck Slim, i'm actually gonna kinda miss you  :\'( .  Also good luck at your university dude!

Written By: Howard on 08/20/18 at 6:54 am

See you around Slim, you were a good poster, I wish you all the best of luck at your university, take care buddy!  :)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/20/18 at 9:04 am

It was nice to know you.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you go.

Written By: 2001 on 08/20/18 at 9:44 am

Oh, you'll be back honey~

Just kidding. Don't leave.  :\'(

If this is the last time we talk, I wish you the best of luck, in university and beyond. It was fun having you around. The North Remembers! Hopefully you still drop by every now and then.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/20/18 at 10:55 am

Good luck with your university. Hope everything goes well.  :)

Written By: mqg96 on 08/20/18 at 10:59 am

Woah, I'm logging back in only because I ran into this thread and I have to send you off on a high note Slim! I signed up for this site 3 years ago (and you signed up 3 years before me) and I remember all the disagreements and arguments we got into, but as time went on you really grew on me and we started having a lot of influential and interesting conversations! Going to miss you man! Thanks for giving me the suggestions for Canada on my PM! Hopefully Eric notices this thread too whenever he gets back on.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/20/18 at 11:34 am

Good luck with your endeavors and the door will always be open if you ever decide to come back.

Cat

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/20/18 at 12:05 pm

We may have never seen eye to eye on many subjects, but overall it was always a pleasure having civic discourse & discussions with you. Me, you, Marquis, Eric, & a few others have been on this site for a while now, and many have unfortunately moved onto other ventures in there lives. Its unfortunate to see you go, but I wish you the best of luck!

You're always welcome to come back & give us a hollah :).

GiNZyIBkiCQ

Stay Golden.

Written By: SpyroKev on 08/20/18 at 12:53 pm

I thought you joined at the same time as us. It was definitely entertaining reading your posts.

Why you gotta delete your account tho? Pop culture could still blow you away.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/20/18 at 1:03 pm

Yeah, please don't delete your account. You may want to come back once in a while. I liked reading your posts.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 08/20/18 at 3:18 pm

Good luck out there.

And one question, I've always wanted to know this since I came across this account, were you the ExtremeMan user at one point?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/20/18 at 3:53 pm

Good luck to you!

Written By: musicguy93 on 08/20/18 at 4:48 pm

Take care Slim. Good luck with school and everything else!

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 08/20/18 at 5:52 pm

Arrivederci

I'd recommend leaving this account open in case you get bored with spare time and want to drop in, but it's up to you.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/20/18 at 8:32 pm

You'll be back.

Written By: 2001 on 08/20/18 at 8:39 pm

You'll be back.

You forgot to add the "honey" at the end.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 08/24/18 at 9:30 pm

Woah, what I miss over here. Goodbye Slim95, I know we haven't talked much, but I know you're a pretty big name in this community. I remember when I first signed up on here Rainbow use to always talk about you. I know we had one little disagreement on here, about the whole where does Gen Z start debate. I'm glad I was able to talk to you during your last few months on the site. I wish you the best going forward.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/18 at 9:35 pm

Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my cell, my pager, and my home phone at the bottom
I sent two letters back in autumn, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem at the post office or somethin'
Sometimes I scribble addresses too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, **** it, what's been up, man? How's your daughter?
My girlfriend's pregnant, too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'ma call her?
I'ma name her Bonnie
I read about your Uncle Ronnie, too, I'm sorry
I had a friend kill himself over some ***** who didn't want him
I know you probably hear this everyday, but I'm your biggest fan
I even got the underground **** that you did with Skam
I got a room full of your posters and your pictures, man
I like the **** you did with Rawkus, too, that **** was phat
Anyways, I hope you get this, man, hit me back
Just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan
This is Stan

Written By: duenas8 on 08/27/18 at 1:25 am

Yeah, please don't delete your account. You may want to come back once in a while. I liked reading your posts.

:\'( don’t delete it

Written By: violet_shy on 08/27/18 at 2:30 pm

Best of luck to you in all that you do!

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 9:58 pm

Wow Slim95's impacT. He single-handedly kept the 2000s board alive. Facts only!

Without arguments about whether the late 2008 shift was in late 2008 or late 2009 or in 2010 or whatever, our lives have returned to their daily pre-meeting-Slim95 monotony. Love him or hate him, you can only love him. Please come back soon!  :\'(

Written By: Dude111 on 12/06/18 at 10:38 pm

Good luck Slim!!!!!

I know you will do well :)

Written By: Dundee on 12/07/18 at 5:51 am

See ya

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/18 at 6:52 pm

Guess who's back Bi**hes???  8) It's your old pal Slim, back from the dead!

I have to admit, I kind of missed this website... It turns out all I needed was a long break  I thought I'd come back and see what's up. I really miss talking about my childhood in the early 2000s and early 2000s nostalgia in general. While I am back, I won't be as active as I was before and make lots of posts as I'm still pretty busy with life and all. I'll occasionally post stuff though. But don't worry, I will do my best to stay away from decadeology and generationology arguments as I know I got into a lot of fights on here from these discussions. I think I've grown up from that.  :P

Shout out to the mods for not deleting my account, thank you! I'm happy the doors have still been for my return.  :)

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/09/18 at 7:04 pm

Guess who's back Bi**hes???  8) It's your old pal Slim, back from the dead!

I have to admit, I kind of missed this website... It turns out all I needed was a long break  I thought I'd come back and see what's up. I really miss talking about my childhood in the early 2000s and early 2000s nostalgia in general. While I am back, I won't be as active as I was before and make lots of posts as I'm still pretty busy with life and all. I'll occasionally post stuff though. But don't worry, I will do my best to stay away from decadeology and generationology arguments as I know I got into a lot of fights on here from these discussions. I think I've grown up from that.  :P

Shout out to the mods for not deleting my account, thank you! I'm happy the doors have still been for my return.  :)

Yeah dude. Just taking a break is way more logical because exciting events can start happening again in pop culture.

Written By: Dude111 on 12/09/18 at 7:05 pm

Its good SLIM you wont be abandoning the site :)

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/18 at 11:01 pm

Yeah dude. Just taking a break is way more logical because exciting events can start happening again in pop culture.

True.

Its good SLIM you wont be abandoning the site :)

Yeah, happy to be back!

Check for new replies or respond here...