inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: #MeToo leader Asia Argento accused of sexually assaulting 17 year old boy

Written By: John Titor on 08/20/18 at 11:24 am

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/harvey-weinstein-scandal/metoo-activist-asia-argento-reportedly-settled-sex-assault-complaint-n902106

https://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2018_34/2536701/180820-asia-bennett-0937_c53672f9ad324f65facf26d45cc6282f.fit-560w.jpg

Italian actress Asia Argento — one of the most prominent activists of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment — recently agreed to make payments to a young actor and musician who said she sexually assaulted him when he was 17, the New York Times reported. rgento, 42, settled allegations made in the notice of intent to sue sent by Jimmy Bennett, who is now 22, for $380,000 shortly after she said last October that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her, the Times reported. Argento and Bennett co-starred in a 2004 film called "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" in which Argento played Bennett's prostitute mother.

According to the New York Times, Bennett says in the notice that he had sex with Argento in a California hotel in 2013, two months after he turned 17. The age of consent in California is 18.  The notice says the encounter traumatized Bennett and hurt his career, the Times reported.

The newspaper said it received documents that included a selfie of Argento and Bennett in bed. Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic, the Times reported.

Subject: Re: #MeToo leader Asia Argento accused of sexually assaulting 17 year old boy

Written By: 90s Guy on 08/20/18 at 2:46 pm

It is usually the loudest voices in these sorts of things who end up being guilty of that which they damn others for. Look at all the famously anti-gay Evangelical pastors or anti-gay Republicans who turned out to actually be gay, for example.

Subject: Re: #MeToo leader Asia Argento accused of sexually assaulting 17 year old boy

Written By: John Titor on 08/20/18 at 3:18 pm

It is usually the loudest voices in these sorts of things who end up being guilty of that which they damn others for. Look at all the famously anti-gay Evangelical pastors or anti-gay Republicans who turned out to actually be gay, for example.

exactly, Rose McGowan is making it much worse for herself lol  shes being teared to shreds on twitter

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlD5ISKW4AAMmZb.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlD5ISJWwAAr2Ny.jpg:large

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/20/18 at 3:58 pm

Disgusting all around 8-P.

Also, Rose McGowan is a hypocrite.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/20/18 at 6:13 pm

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "MeToo".

;D 8-P 8-P 8-P

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/20/18 at 6:15 pm

Yikes. In no way does this delegitimate the message underlying the MeToo movement, but this is rather unfortunate. Well, in keeping with the moral message of the MeToo movement, Argento should also be denounced for her behavior.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/20/18 at 6:32 pm

Brings a whole new meaning to the term "MeToo".

;D 8-P 8-P 8-P

"MeToo" actually sounds a little creepy now under that context. :o

Written By: 90s Guy on 08/21/18 at 8:57 pm

When you consider that hashtag also means "pound", "#MeToo" is literally "Pound MeToo". Which is a little hiliarous considering what the movement is all about.

Written By: John Titor on 08/22/18 at 10:41 am

https://i.redd.it/6ke2i2ybdnh11.png

Written By: Howard on 08/22/18 at 1:12 pm

Did Anthony Bourdain know about these encounters? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/22/18 at 6:52 pm

Hard to tell. On one hand, she allegedly came out in public and allegedly denied everything alleged. But apparently she's allegedly admitted to some friends that, indeed, she allegedly hit it.

And the funny thing is, she's now allegedly using the same excuses that the #MeToo guys are alleged of using, such as "he (the kid) was all over me" and "he initiated everything" and "I didn't know he was underage".  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/18 at 5:12 am

I just read an article that it was Bourdain who allegedly came up with the $380k that Argento allegedly handed over to the alleged minor, to allegedly silence him about the alleged incident.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/18 at 6:58 am

I just read an article that it was Bourdain who allegedly came up with the $380k that Argento allegedly handed over to the alleged minor, to allegedly silence him about the alleged incident.

So, he paid him to shut up so he don't say anything about the affair? ???

Written By: John Titor on 08/23/18 at 10:49 am

So, he paid him to shut up so he don't say anything about the affair? ???

she did not him

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/23/18 at 12:48 pm

Its unfortunate how the loudest views regarding the sexual harassment tend to be very hypocritical. It really sheds a new light to the movement that I wasn't even expecting. Does #MeToo still come into play for this?

Written By: John Titor on 08/23/18 at 1:01 pm

Its unfortunate how the loudest views regarding the sexual harassment tend to be very hypocritical. It really sheds a new light to the movement that I wasn't even expecting. Does #MeToo still come into play for this?

I been expecting and knew this lol We will see how this movement evolves after this.
I think the whole  "cancel culture" is really changing the landscape of movements

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/23/18 at 1:39 pm

Sexual assault? Was this consensual in any way, shape or form? 17-year-old boys might be "spring chicken", so to say, but their hormones tend to rage at that age. Most of them anyways.

Written By: Howard on 08/23/18 at 2:02 pm

But she had to be in her 20's or 30's at the time? ???

Written By: John Titor on 08/23/18 at 3:11 pm

But she had to be in her 20's or 30's at the time? ???

she kept referring to him as her son social media, and played his mom on a movie
but yeah all the pics of them in bed were leaked

very very sick

Written By: John Titor on 08/23/18 at 3:11 pm

Sexual assault? Was this consensual in any way, shape or form? 17-year-old boys might be "spring chicken", so to say, but their hormones tend to rage at that age. Most of them anyways.

I don't think it was, but if it was its still Rape according to that states laws

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/jimmy-bennett-statement-asia-argento.html

"“I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me,” he said. “My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself.”

Mr. Bennett said he did not report the hotel incident at the time because he believed “there was still a stigma to being in the situation as a male in our society.”"

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/18 at 4:34 pm

I don't think it was, but if it was its still Rape according to that states laws

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/us/jimmy-bennett-statement-asia-argento.html

So perhaps in the words of Whoopi Goldberg, it was not "rape rape"? ???

Written By: Emman on 08/23/18 at 6:05 pm

This story is gross 8-P, it's the fact that she knew him since he was 7 and he looked to her as a mentor/mother figure, very creepy pedo vibes all around, plus she gave him, a underage boy, alcohol before having sex. Some feminists online are even saying she's the "real" victim and he seduced her and harassed her afterwards, leave it to them to always play victim. I've had these discussions(involving these kinds of scenarios) already with many feminists online and they are just a lost cause, they always pick a(usually ridiculous) interpretation were the female is the victim, it's straight up sociopathic thinking. 

Written By: John Titor on 08/23/18 at 6:54 pm

So perhaps in the words of Whoopi Goldberg, it was not "rape rape"? ???

to the law it is, also what he said is making it sound like she made unwanted advances

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/23/18 at 7:17 pm

plus she gave him, a underage boy, alcohol before having sex.

That is de rigueur according to the Pedophile's Handbook.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 8:09 am

she kept referring to him as her son social media, and played his mom on a movie
but yeah all the pics of them in bed were leaked

very very sick

Not to be a perv John, but was she naked?

Written By: John Titor on 08/24/18 at 11:14 am

she admitted she was, you can kind of see it in the photo that was leaked

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/18 at 12:05 pm

Given the alleged circumstances, the proper term is "nekkid".  ;D

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 1:17 pm

she admitted she was, you can kind of see it in the photo that was leaked

Then I'd love to see the photo!

Written By: John Titor on 08/24/18 at 1:19 pm

Then I'd love to see the photo!

its on the first page of this thread

Written By: duenas8 on 08/24/18 at 5:25 pm

Is this the official death of the MeToo movement  :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/24/18 at 9:37 pm

Looks like it.

Written By: woahjoey on 08/24/18 at 10:53 pm

It better not be.  The movement is soooo much bigger than Asia.  In order for a social movement to become successful, they must get rid of their bad actors (not in the literal sense of the word but very fitting), which appears to be Asia and possibly Rose McGowan. 

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/25/18 at 6:58 pm

It better not be.  The movement is soooo much bigger than Asia.  In order for a social movement to become successful, they must get rid of their bad actors (not in the literal sense of the word but very fitting), which appears to be Asia and possibly Rose McGowan.

Agreed. In fact, anyone who would take this as being injurious to #MeToo is kinda missing the point of it, I would say. Anybody in a place of privilege who takes advantage of less privileged people, up to and including in a sexual manner, should be called out for that behavior, even if they are the driving force of the movement itself. The movement is bigger than them, it does not live or die on their integrity or lack thereof.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/25/18 at 7:48 pm

Agreed. In fact, anyone who would take this as being injurious to #MeToo is kinda missing the point of it, I would say. Anybody in a place of privilege who takes advantage of less privileged people, up to and including in a sexual manner, should be called out for that behavior, even if they are the driving force of the movement itself. The movement is bigger than them, it does not live or die on their integrity or lack thereof.

Who knows, maybe at some point Jimmy Bennett will be accused by somebody of these sort of sexual shenanigans, too.  :o

Written By: APDCR1990 on 08/25/18 at 11:29 pm

I'm all for #MeToo, but I'm against witch hunts. Let's not water down what this movement means.

Written By: 2001 on 08/26/18 at 8:56 am

Who knows, maybe at some point Jimmy Bennett will be accused by somebody of these sort of sexual shenanigans, too.  :o

I wanna be his victim.  :-X :-X :-X

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/26/18 at 12:41 pm

Ruh Roh

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:24 pm

You must be joking! ::)

Written By: 2001 on 08/26/18 at 4:58 pm

You must be joking! ::)

;D

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 10:03 pm

;D
;D

Check for new replies or respond here...