inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Happytime Murders!

Written By: exodus08 on 08/23/18 at 10:18 pm

This look like its gonna be the funniest movie of the 2010s so far for me. Comedy movies haven't been funny to me lately. What do you all think?

Subject: Re: Happytime Murders!

Written By: exodus08 on 08/23/18 at 10:44 pm

I heard Jim Henson's family tried to sue the makers of this movie and get it out of production. They felt the Muppets shouldn't be in an adult-oriented setting.

Yeah it's all over Twitter  :(. I mean it's like saying South Park & Family Guy shouldn't be aired because they're cartoons.

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/24/18 at 5:32 am

Yeah it's all over Twitter  :(. I mean it's like saying South Park & Family Guy shouldn't be aired because they're cartoons.

On the other hand, maybe respect the wishes of the original creator, especially since he's, y'know, dead?

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 8:05 am

I heard Jim Henson's family tried to sue the makers of this movie and get it out of production. They felt the Muppets shouldn't be in an adult-oriented setting.

Their saying is "No Sesame, All Street", I guess that means that film isn't a children's film and more of an adult oriented one.

Written By: 2001 on 08/24/18 at 11:19 am

On the other hand, maybe respect the wishes of the original creator, especially since he's, y'know, dead?

By that logic no one should be allowed to write or draw Sonic fanfic. :D

Written By: LooseBolt on 08/24/18 at 12:37 pm

By that logic no one should be allowed to write or draw Sonic fanfic. :D

I mean let’s face it, based on what’s out there, no one should be.

Written By: Howard on 08/24/18 at 1:15 pm

So why couldn't they allow Sesame Street muppets to perform in the film? Just imagine Big Bird, Ernie or Bert or perhaps even The Count in it? Would kids gets scared just because their favorite muppets we all grew up with are now in a "R" rated adult film? ???

Written By: exodus08 on 08/24/18 at 8:09 pm

The ones who seem most offended other than Jim Hanson's family are people who grew up with Sesame Street. I've never watched it so I'm not offended.

Written By: Howard on 08/25/18 at 7:08 am

The ones who seem most offended other than Jim Hanson's family are people who grew up with Sesame Street. I've never watched it so I'm not offended.

I would love to see it and I grew up with Sesame Street.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/18 at 4:07 pm

It was actually produced and directed by Brian Henson, who is Jim Henson's son.

The Sesame Workshop, who is behind Sesame Street, sued STX Productions (the production company behind The Happytime Murders) for using the tagline "No Sesame, All Street" in their advertising for the movie but lost the lawsuit.

I saw the movie last night and I thought it was...OK.  It was crude and funny but it just didn't seem quite as good as it could have been.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:16 pm

It was actually produced and directed by Brian Henson, who is Jim Henson's son.

The Sesame Workshop, who is behind Sesame Street, sued STX Productions (the production company behind The Happytime Murders) for using the tagline "No Sesame, All Street" in their advertising for the movie but lost the lawsuit.

I saw the movie last night and I thought it was...OK.  It was crude and funny but it just didn't seem quite as good as it could have been.

question is,What does that even mean? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/18 at 4:27 pm

question is,What does that even mean? ???

It means that it's a Muppet movie that's gritty and raunchy (hence "all street") but not at all wholesome and kid-friendly ("no Sesame").

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:45 pm

It means that it's a Muppet movie that's gritty and raunchy (hence "all street") but not at all wholesome and kid-friendly ("no Sesame").

So they couldn't call up the Sesame Street muppets to join in on the film?

Written By: exodus08 on 08/26/18 at 5:41 pm

So they couldn't call up the Sesame Street muppets to join in on the film?

That would of been funny seeing Elmo on crack.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/18 at 5:31 am

That would of been funny seeing Elmo on crack.

or seeing The Count count how many times he hears shots and I'm pretty sure Oscar The Grouch would've loved to be in this film cause he loves grouchy things or Ernie And Bert get into a physical dispute. ;D

Written By: Howard on 09/05/18 at 2:48 pm

I actually got to see the whole film from a website and I would like to say that I did not find this film much funny, I felt that this film was like if Sesame Street and The Muppet Show were on drugs. I laughed a bit and that's about it and the puppet acting was really stupid. If I had to give it a number grade I'd give it about a 6.

Written By: John Titor on 09/05/18 at 6:03 pm

movie looks dumb

Written By: Howard on 09/06/18 at 3:03 pm

movie looks dumb

I think the film was meant to be dumb.

Check for new replies or respond here...