inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I've been noticing a trend.

Written By: mc98 on 08/25/18 at 8:00 am

If anyone goes to high school or college, there are some guys who have long hair and parted their hair like it's inspired from the 90s curtain but in a modern sense where the bottom is shaved. There are also people with curly hair that left the top hair longer while the sides are shaved. Has anyone seen this in their school/college? Will this hairstyle replace the traditional undercut?

Subject: Re: I've been noticing a trend.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/25/18 at 8:54 am

To be honest, not really.

Written By: Dundee on 08/25/18 at 1:12 pm

I dunno, when you type "2018 men hairstyles" on Google you can still see the 2010s going on strong.

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/25/18 at 1:30 pm

I haven't noticed this trend either.

Written By: ofkx on 08/25/18 at 2:13 pm

I haven't really noticed the first haircut but I've seen the second haircut a lot. It's not new though since it's just the typical undercut but curly.

Written By: mc98 on 08/25/18 at 5:03 pm

I haven't really noticed the first haircut but I've seen the second haircut a lot. It's not new though since it's just the typical undercut but curly.

Well yeah, the second haircut is technically an undercut but it's some sort of curly bowl haircut and the "Meet me at McDonalds" haircut is trending strong in the UK.

Written By: Cringe04kid on 09/12/18 at 5:37 pm

Yeah. I’ve seen it regularly at my high school. Curtains seem to be replacing undercuts where i live but thats where i live. So I don’t have a say for anywhere else. The undercut had its peek here around 2015 mid 2016 it was mostly replaced

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/12/18 at 5:45 pm

Ditto.

The meet me at mcdonalds cut. Really awesome name but I doubt it'll trend in America. Maybe a less extravagant version could work here.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/12/18 at 5:48 pm

Ditto.

The meet me at mcdonalds cut. Really awesome name but I doubt it'll trend in America. Maybe a less extravagant version could work here.

I've seen small amounts of people (maybe like two or three people tops) sporting them in my college.

Written By: mc98 on 09/12/18 at 7:32 pm

I've seen small amounts of people (maybe like two or three people tops) sporting them in my college.

I have a feeling that the "Meet Me at McDonalds" and the new curtain style will be more popular in 2019 and possibly the early 2020s.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/12/18 at 8:10 pm

Ditto.

How did it come to be called "Meet Me At McDonalds"? One would think the people who have this ever-so-slightly pretentious haircut would consider themselves above McDonalds.  ;D

Also, what do people who don't have curly hair do? Do they fabricate the curls somehow? Seems like an awful lot of trouble.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 09/12/18 at 8:14 pm

How did it come to be called "Meet Me At McDonalds"? One would think the people who have this ever-so-slightly pretentious haircut would consider themselves above McDonalds.  ;D

Also, what do people who don't have curly hair do? Do they fabricate the curls somehow? Seems like an awful lo of trouble.

It's a dumb haircut.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/12/18 at 10:09 pm

Also, what do people who don't have curly hair do? Do they fabricate the curls somehow? Seems like an awful lot of trouble.

I have absolutely no idea how it got that name but I love it. I dislike the cut for the most part but the name + hair + country of origin is just so right.

I thought the curly hair was the thing back in the mid-late 70s?

If you don't have curly hair....my advice...find another haircut.

Written By: karen on 09/13/18 at 4:03 pm

It's because in the UK this hairstyle is not considered pretentious but one adopted by chavs, and therefore most like to arrange to meet their mates at McDonalds

Check for new replies or respond here...