inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 'Mass shooting' at Madden video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/18 at 2:00 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

Absolutely sad and senseless. These shootings are disgusting 8-P.

Subject: Re: 'Mass shooting' at Madden video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/18 at 2:04 pm

The news is saying 11 in the hospital, 4 dead and one suspect dead (don't known if there is a another).

Subject: Re: 'Mass shooting' at Madden video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida

Written By: violet_shy on 08/26/18 at 2:19 pm

Another shooting!?

This is sad and it's getting to be very disturbing.  >:(

Written By: Rainbowz on 08/26/18 at 2:19 pm

How come most of these shootings happen in Florida? First, it was the Orlando Shooting, then the Parkland Shooting, now it's this. No wonder Florida is shaped like a gun lol.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/18 at 2:21 pm

Another shooting!?

Yep, it's just disgusting.

Written By: violet_shy on 08/26/18 at 2:30 pm

What do these people think they can just wake up one day and decide to take innocet lives because they feel like it? >:( These are INNOCENT PEOPLE. I hope they find whoever did this, lock him/her up in a dungeon so he/she can think about what they did for a long time. I wish I could be there so I can yell at this animal and give him/her a nice tongue lashing. They would wish I was never born!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/26/18 at 2:34 pm

WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING

_1k4Xh79XQA

Authorities are saying that the shooter was a gamer who attended the event and got mad then lashed out. Thoroughly disgusting 8-P.

Hearing the screams in the video is horrifying.

Written By: Wobo on 08/26/18 at 2:48 pm

I give my biggest condolences to the victims and the injured, it is really ridiculous that this is still happening

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/26/18 at 3:21 pm

What do these people think they can just wake up one day and decide to take innocet lives because they feel like it? >:(

Because they are evil. Evil exists.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/26/18 at 3:51 pm

WARNING: THE VIDEO BELOW IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING

_1k4Xh79XQA

Authorities are saying that the shooter was a gamer who attended the event and got mad then lashed out. Thoroughly disgusting 8-P.

Hearing the screams in the video is horrifying.

I saw another clip of this where they showed the players in the bottom right corner of the screen and just before the shooting begins, a red dot from a laser pistol sight appears on the chest of one of the players. Absolutely horrifying. 

And all because some dipsh!t lost at Madden.  >:(

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:19 pm

Another shooting!?

These have been way out of control.  :o

Written By: HeyJealousy on 08/26/18 at 4:21 pm

How come most of these shootings happen in Florida? First, it was the Orlando Shooting, then the Parkland Shooting, now it's this. No wonder Florida is shaped like a gun lol.

We have lax gun laws down here. Too lax for our own good. We're one of the hottest AND poorest states in the Union, the stress factor is unbearably high (especially in the urban areas, such as Tampa and Miami), once tight-knit communities have been flushed down the gutter by greedy developers who want to turn every patch of land into fu*king Disneyland. Traffic is getting worse everywhere, even some of the relatively rural and safe areas are seeing the impacts of mass migration down to the Sunshine State. So, of course some folks can't handle the pressure and lash out in a horrifyingly violent ways. These folks shouldn't have access to high-capacity assault weapons, but they're armed to the teeth anyways.

Granted, Maine and Wyoming both have lax laws (and open-carry in both states) but you rarely hear about bloodshed and chaos coming from there. Of course, these are largely rural and homogeneous states where the traffic is low, affordability is high, land is vast, etc. They may suffer from frigid winters, but frigid weather is more likely to pacify a person than to aggravate a person. Whereas high heat/humidity acts as a stimulant (kind of like crystal meth), exerts a stressful force over the brain and is more likely to trigger rash emotions in humans, like paranoia and anger. You add proliferation of assault weapons to the mix, and viola! You just created the perfect recipe for violence and madness.

Personally? I'm okay with relatively safe, quiet and homogenous states having open carry and access to high-capacity assault weapons. I'm all for handling the "gun issue" on a state-by-state basis. But states like Florida or Texas or even South Carolina and Nevada, are suffering from a high poverty rate, increasingly high traffic and assorted growing pains, great disparity of wealth (income inequality), oppressive heat/humidity, overdevelopment at every corner, etc.

Idaho and New Hampshire and Kentucky aren't slices of Mayberry, but the overall quality of life there is arguably much more peaceful than the "Sun Belt" states like Florida, Texas and Arizona that are suffering from growing pains, mass migration patterns, overdevelopment, increased traffic everywhere, decline of community cohesion and extreme heat.

Sorry for my long rant and elaborate explanation of everything that's wrong with the "Gunshine State", and to clear up some misconceptions about gun laws and violent crime in general. I just had to let it out. My mind's hardly cooperating with me RN, so sorry if I sounded a little "incoherent" at times. I hope y'all got my message.

Written By: Howard on 08/26/18 at 4:22 pm

I give my biggest condolences to the victims and the injured, it is really ridiculous that this is still happening

I don't know why it still happens. :(

Written By: Howard on 08/27/18 at 5:33 am

Just because one person lost in a tournament doesn't mean you have to go shooting up the place. ::)

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 08/27/18 at 5:43 am

The name of the suspect is David Katz:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/27/fbi-swarms-family-home-jacksonville-landing-gunman-david-katz.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/26/us/jacksonville-madden-shooting/index.html

Written By: KatanaChick on 08/28/18 at 3:13 am

The news is saying 11 in the hospital, 4 dead and one suspect dead (don't known if there is a another).

Sad. Last I knew it was three dead. I haven't been following the story that closely. What was the shooter's motive? Losing a game couldn't just be it.

Subject: 'Mass shooting' at Madden video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida

Written By: Dude111 on 08/28/18 at 4:23 am

Very sad indeed.......

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/18 at 5:34 am

Sad. Last I knew it was three dead. I haven't been following the story that closely. What was the shooter's motive? Losing a game couldn't just be it.

Fame

Written By: Howard on 08/28/18 at 7:26 am

Don't be a sore loser, just act in a proper manner say if you lost don't act violent, just shake hands and say you were the better competitor, What's wrong with that?

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/18 at 6:20 pm

Fame

Unfortunately, yes. We need to put shooters, and school shooters, in the electric chair, to make an example out of them.

People sometimes learn better with motivation!  :-X

Written By: ofkx on 08/28/18 at 6:21 pm

Maybe the US should think about banning white men?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/28/18 at 6:48 pm

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/nickfanon/images/9/9a/Triggered.gif/revision/latest?cb=20160309233441

Written By: Wobo on 08/28/18 at 7:27 pm

HAHAHA  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...