inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/27/18 at 6:24 pm

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/9-year-old-denver-boy-dies-by-suicide-after-being-bullied-at-school-mother-says/

This is just horrible. RIP to him. Kids can be so vicious, it's crazy :(.

Subject: Re: 9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says

Written By: Wobo on 08/27/18 at 6:28 pm

I never thought of a nine year old being gay and acting feminine, but bullying really has to stop for real, really pathetic. Rest in peace to the boy.

Subject: Re: 9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/27/18 at 6:32 pm

I never thought of a nine year old being gay and acting feminine, but bullying really has to stop for real, really pathetic. Rest in peace to the boy.

^^^

Written By: Howard on 08/28/18 at 7:29 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/9-year-old-denver-boy-dies-by-suicide-after-being-bullied-at-school-mother-says/

This is just horrible. RIP to him. Kids can be so vicious, it's crazy :(.

He has the right to be who he wants to be if he's gay or not, just let him act or dress feminine, that's his prerogative.

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/18 at 7:38 pm

Strongly suspect that there is more to the story that is not being told, by the parents.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/28/18 at 7:58 pm

Strongly suspect that there is more to the story that is not being told, by the parents.

Like what?

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/18 at 8:37 pm

Like what?

Just my intuition. Back when I was a 9 year old nobody knew what "gay" or "straight" were. Kid likely got that stuff shoved down his throat.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/28/18 at 8:41 pm

Just my intuition. Back when I was a 9 year old nobody knew what "gay" or "straight" were. Kid likely got that stuff shoved down his throat.

I wouldn't necessarily say "shoved down his throat". However, I have seen pictures of his mother and she definitely seems be an ultra-liberal (nothing wrong with that) and so she was probably very open about topics such as the LGBT community.

Written By: BornIn86 on 08/28/18 at 8:58 pm

Well, I knew I was gay when I was 9 or 10 and it wasn't shoved down my throat. Your intuition is wrong and your perspective is extremely limited therefore the things you've learned are probably full of errors.

You never had a crush on a woman when you were little? It wasn't exactly sexual (or maybe it was)...but you really really liked her for some reason. Well we gay kids got that too, except for the same sex.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/28/18 at 9:19 pm

That's why you have to grow a strong enough ego/sense of self, so that you can deal with people. Not everyone in this world is a nice/pure person.  :o

Subject: 9-year-old Denver boy dies by suicide after being bullied at school, mother says

Written By: Dude111 on 08/29/18 at 7:08 am

He has the right to be who he wants to be if he's gay or not, just let him act or dress feminine, that's his prerogative.

Indeed and I wish he had gotton some help!!

Poor boy :(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 08/29/18 at 4:24 pm

and I wonder if his parents accepted him being gay? ???

Did you not read the article?

Written By: 2001 on 08/29/18 at 7:49 pm

Well, I knew I was gay when I was 9 or 10 and it wasn't shoved down my throat. Your intuition is wrong and your perspective is extremely limited therefore the things you've learned are probably full of errors.

You never had a crush on a woman when you were little? It wasn't exactly sexual (or maybe it was)...but you really really liked her for some reason. Well we gay kids got that too, except for the same sex.

I was kissing boys when I was 5/6 and playing pretend marriage, long before I knew what gay was (or even knew what the f*ck I was doing). I grew up in a religious household.

I was suicidal when I was 15/16 due to homophobic bullying and isolation, but fortunately held on long enough to climb myself out of that trough. Poor kid was just 9 years old, he was too young to develop the mental capacity to understand  "it gets better". It's depressing to think this kind of homophobic bullying still goes on in 2018. Shame on society and shame on the school (students and staff) for this thorough failure to protect that child. RIP young fella.  :\'(

Written By: 80sfan on 08/29/18 at 9:20 pm

Unfortunately, I know what it feels like to be not not suicidal.  :\'(  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...