inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Need this to complete a survey...

Written By: violet_shy on 08/31/18 at 8:24 pm

What do young people today think of the Golden Oldies music? Will the songs be as timeless as we imagine? Are they boring? Will future generations be interested in listening to the Golden Oldies?

Here is a recording of me singing with one of my singing partners Alex. He is only 21. And of course I'm 38. But we wanted to sing an oldie together. We sang "Ain't no mountain high enough". I must say singing with Alex was tons of fun!
http://yourlisten.com/mar106/alex-m-jessica-ann-m-aint-no-mountain-high-enough

Subject: Re: Need this to complete a survey...

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/31/18 at 8:45 pm

I fear you may be opening a Pandora's Box here of what exactly constitutes a "golden oldie".  ;)

Written By: Dundee on 09/01/18 at 4:07 am

If we're talking about Jazz standards from the 20s-50s then yeah they definitely lost their status of "go-to oldie charm to recapture" which has now shifted to mid-late 20th century music instead.

Written By: exodus08 on 09/01/18 at 11:29 am

What do young people today think of the Golden Oldies music? Will the songs be as timeless as we imagine? Are they boring? Will future generations be interested in listening to the Golden Oldies?

Here is a recording of me singing with one of my singing partners Alex. He is only 21. And of course I'm 38. But we wanted to sing an oldie together. We sang "Ain't no mountain high enough". I must say singing with Alex was tons of fun!
http://yourlisten.com/mar106/alex-m-jessica-ann-m-aint-no-mountain-high-enough

60s Motown

Written By: violet_shy on 09/01/18 at 2:38 pm

I fear you may be opening a Pandora's Box here of what exactly constitutes a "golden oldie".  ;)

A Golden Oldie song....music that dates from before the 1970s. Or VERY OLD music  ;D

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/01/18 at 3:09 pm

A Golden Oldie song....music that dates from before the 1970s. Or VERY OLD music  ;D

There are no "Golden Oldies" from the 70s??  ???  What are they, then? Silver Oldies?  ;D

And does that mean that "My Girl", for example, by the Temptations is a Golden Oldie because it came out in 1965, but "Just My Imagination" by the Temptations is not, because it came out in 1971?

Se what I mean? Pandora's Box!

Written By: violet_shy on 09/01/18 at 5:11 pm

There are no "Golden Oldies" from the 70s??  ???  What are they, then? Silver Oldies?  ;D

They could be!

Check for new replies or respond here...