inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Psychic/Planetary energy of Fall 2018

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/18 at 12:54 pm

Been watching a few youtube videos of the energy of 2018 this Fall, some good ones The Astrology School
being one of the most inciteful of the planet alignments right now.

Here are a few bullet points I have gathered from them ones I watched.

. Venus will be going retrograde
. This  Venus retrograde will cause events similar to 2002 & 2010  (7/8 year increments)
. Sep 12 3:55 AM Jupiter sextile Pluto
. Halloween 3:42 PM Venus Retrograde enters Libra
. Fall 2018 will be the ending of an era and the start of a new one slowly (energy wise) for most signs, more notable Taurus & Cancer
. Saturn and Pluto align by zodiac degree in January 2020. Thus, the circumstances of 2018 are part of a long term trend. The pressure to evolve, the urgency to evolve, this task is calling each and everyone to the task at hand.
.  Mars makes its third and final aspect to Uranus on September 18.
. Similar planetary aspects that mirror 2002 & 2010

. Big one

The evening on the very last day of September, Pluto in Capricorn concludes its retrograde phase, and begins a seven month direct phase. As the planet of breakdown/breakthrough, Pluto has been bringing to conscious awareness many lessons around power, authority, government, financial institutions, corporations and right livelihood.

This trend started in 2008 during the financial collapse, and the lessons are pressing in very heavily now. It is the nature of Pluto to transform, and in this case, it is transforming the institutions that hold society together on a very large scale. Psychiatrist Dr. Judith Orloff sums it up succinctly in her words, “We need a new conversation around what it means to be successful and powerful to dispel dysfunctional stereotypes that keep us from soaring. We must break the rules of our psychotically materialistic society to find a more heartful way to live that yields concrete, everyday gains.”

. Vitality improves for signs of Taurus, Cancer & Virgo

Subject: Re: Psychic/Planetary energy of Fall 2018

Written By: Milk on 09/03/18 at 1:24 pm

So what does this all mean?

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/18 at 1:25 pm

Similar vibes to how 2002 and 2010 was, A huge changing is unfolding right now
that completes in 2020

I think it's kind of ironic a song called 2002 charted briefly this year lol

Written By: Howard on 09/03/18 at 2:03 pm

Similar vibes to how 2002 and 2010 was, A huge changing is unfolding right now
that completes in 2020

I think it's kind of ironic a song called 2002 charted briefly this year lol

So John what exactly is this huge changing? ::)

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/18 at 2:14 pm

So John what exactly is this huge changing? ::)

"This trend started in 2008 during the financial collapse, and the lessons are pressing in very heavily now. It is the nature of Pluto to transform, and in this case, it is transforming the institutions that hold society together on a very large scale. Psychiatrist Dr. Judith Orloff sums it up succinctly in her words, “We need a new conversation around what it means to be successful and powerful to dispel dysfunctional stereotypes that keep us from soaring. We must break the rules of our psychotically materialistic society to find a more heartful way to live that yields concrete, everyday gains.”

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/03/18 at 3:26 pm

Nothing really. Take astrology with a grain of salt.  ;D

Written By: 2001 on 09/03/18 at 3:39 pm

Nothing really. Take astrology with a grain of salt.  ;D

I'd stuff the whole bag of salt down my throat rather ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/03/18 at 4:19 pm

The moon will also be in the seventh house. An Jupiter will along with Mars.

Written By: John Titor on 09/03/18 at 8:11 pm

some very similar aspects that 2010 and 2002 had

Written By: violet_shy on 09/03/18 at 8:48 pm

Isn't that a song though? Lol.

Written By: 2001 on 09/03/18 at 9:46 pm

Is Mercury in retrograde?
Or is that the excuse that I always made?
Because I wanted to blame you
But I can only blame myself.

Yeah it's easy to throw you under the bus
I call you crazy while filling my cup
I say these things to hurt you
But I only hurt myself

Oh I can only take responsibility
For me!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/03/18 at 9:51 pm

Is this the dawning of the Age of Aquarius?  :o :o :o

Written By: violet_shy on 09/03/18 at 10:47 pm

No. It's the dawning of the age of Virgo. So...it will be all about me! Cause I'm fabulous like that... :-*

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/04/18 at 3:49 pm

Astrology is for gullible rubes. No offense.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/18 at 3:50 pm

The moon will also be in the seventh house. And Jupiter will align with Mars.

And peace will guide the planets. And love will steer the stars.

Cat

Written By: Dundee on 09/04/18 at 5:32 pm

This thread is literally stellar

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 5:40 pm

Astrology is for gullible rubes. No offense.

Some astrology actually is legit and was able to predict several actors dying according to placements
Astrology

Written By: 2001 on 09/04/18 at 5:47 pm

Some astrology actually is legit and was able to predict several actors dying according to placements
Astrology

What about crystal balls?

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 6:07 pm

Those are fake, there is a difference between astrology and Tarot Readers, 2 different things
apples & Oranges

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/18 at 7:07 pm

Astrology seems like it's more of a religion than it is a science.

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 7:23 pm

not really it has to do with the position of planets
which is a real thing lol

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/18 at 7:26 pm

As if the position of a planet that's millions of miles away has any effect on people.  ::)

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 7:50 pm

As if the position of a planet that's millions of miles away has any effect on people.  ::)

Planets and comets can effect life lol

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/04/18 at 8:04 pm

Yes, the position of planets is an actual thing. It having any impact on anything except the gravitational push or pull of other celestial bodies is not.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/18 at 8:45 pm

Planets and comets can effect life lol

How do planets and comets affect life though (aside from the obviously catastrophic results of a comet impacting the Earth's surface)?

Have there ever been any legitimate scientific studies done that have proved that the gravitational pull of, say Venus or Neptune, have any effect on human beings, whether they be physical or psychological?

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 9:50 pm

Yes, the position of planets is an actual thing. It having any impact on anything except the gravitational push or pull of other celestial bodies is not.

not exactly true  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYk4zDZsfWw

Written By: John Titor on 09/04/18 at 9:51 pm

How do planets and comets affect life though (aside from the obviously catastrophic results of a comet impacting the Earth's surface)?

Have there ever been any legitimate scientific studies done that have proved that the gravitational pull of, say Venus or Neptune, have any effect on human beings, whether they be physical or psychological?

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/science/planets-may-affect-our-lives-after-all-1.656691

Even the most placid of astronomers can be sorely provoked by being dubbed an “astrologer”. Etymologically speaking, it’s an understandable mistake: the term astrology derives from the Greek for star and “logos” meaning to study, while “-nomy” is merely an exercise in labelling.

And historically, studies of celestial objects were motivated by the belief they influenced events on Earth, including the fate of humans.

Regrettably, however, that led to barmy fortune-tellers bagging the grand title of astrology, while astronomers had to settle for a more mundane-sounding vocation.

Yet ironically, astronomers have done more than anyone to demonstrate the validity of the ancient belief underpinning astrology.

While we are no more likely to meet an exciting new friend if Mars is in alignment with Jupiter, there is no doubt that these celestial bodies affect our planet as a whole.

These links go beyond the obvious, such as the role of the Sun and Moon in the tides. The biggest climatic upheavals experienced by our planet are now known to be under the influence of the other planets in our solar system.

Through their gravitational tugging, the Moon and planets distort the shape of the Earth’s orbit and the tilt of its axis to its orbit, causing subtle changes in the intensity of sunlight reaching us.

By altering the level of heating reaching different latitudes, these changes are now thought to play a key role in triggering the huge expansion in polar ice characteristic of an Ice Age.

But now astronomers think they may have uncovered another “astrological” connection between the Earth and its fellow planets – one with an impact on humans that beggars the trivia of astrology.

At its heart is a curious coincidence noted by astronomers more than 150 years ago. If the number of sunspots appearing on the disk of our nearest star are plotted over time, they follow a distinct pattern, rising and falling over a period of about 11 years.

This is curiously close to the 11.9 years that it takes Jupiter, the biggest planet in the solar system, to complete one orbit of the Sun.

It is always hard to know what to make of such “coincidences”; all too often they prove to be the product of nothing more than random chance.

But in 1852, the Swiss astronomer Johann Wolf showed that despite its great distance, Jupiter has more gravitational effect on the Sun than any other planet. He went on to develop a theory that seemed to account for sunspot numbers via the influence of Jupiter and other planets.

As sunspots are a symptom of solar activity, and this in turn directly affects the Earth, Wolf’s ideas sound uncomfortably close to astrology.

This doubtless explains why the notion of planetary influence on the Sun was hastily dumped at the start of the 20th century, following the discovery of a link between sunspots and the solar magnetic field.

Clearly, there could be no connection between the gravity of the planets and the magnetic field of the Sun. But now a team led by Dr José Abreu, of the ETH Zurich Institute for Geophysics in Switzerland, has rekindled the controversy with impressive evidence for precisely such a link.

To make their case, the team has examined records of solar activity far more extensive than those used by Wolf, who could only go back as far as the mid-17th century, and the first telescopic observations of sunspots by Galileo.

Dr Abreu and his colleagues have exploited the fact that changes in the sun’s magnetic field affect the levels of cosmic rays smashing into the Earth’s atmosphere – which in turn create isotopes that get trapped in polar ice and tree rings.

By analysing the rise and fall in levels of these isotopes, the team has managed to reconstruct the peaks and troughs in solar activity covering more than 9,000 years.

Armed with so much data, they have been able to look for patterns in the activity far more subtle than those found by Wolf. And what they have found broadly confirms his idea of a planetary influence on the Sun.

Publishing their findings in the current issue of the journal Astronomy & Astrophysics, the team stresses that the planets cannot be the prime driver for the 11-year cycle of solar activity.

If that were so, the orbits of the planets would change noticeably through the energy needed to drive the activity. But the planets can and do seem capable of affecting the processes that generate the Sun’s magnetic field.

Analysis of the isotope data has uncovered a set of cycles of solar activity ranging from about 85 to more than 500 years, each of which appears to be linked to planetary cycles.

All of which sounds pretty esoteric until one ponders the implications. Every so often, these cycles combine to produce periods of especially high or low activity.

And when they do, the effect on the Earth can be dramatic. Or, rather, has been dramatic – as the existence of such epochs is already well-accepted, even if their cause has not been.

Astronomers have identified several periods in recent history when usually high or low solar activity coincided with anomalous conditions on Earth.

Among them is the so-called Medieval Warm Period, lasting from about 1000 to 1250, and the so-called Little Ice Age, which lasted between about 1350 to 1850.

Each coincides with peaks and troughs in solar activity triggered by the planets, and to events of major historical significance. For example, the bitter winters of the Little Ice Age caused mass starvation and social upheaval in Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries.

The idea that the position of the planets control the kind of day we will have is so crazy that even many astrologers reject it as nonsense.

Yet the emerging evidence for planets influencing the Sun and thereby global events suggests that the real problem with astrology is that its claims were simply too modest.

Robert Matthews is visiting reader in science at Aston University, Birmingham, England

Written By: 90s Guy on 09/05/18 at 1:26 am

I do not know completely whether astrology has real merit; I do know my girlfriend reads our horoscopes daily and it often rings eerily true. Coincidence or not, I can't say. I do know that mocking someone's beliefs, when they are harmless, is cold and cruel. People cling on to different forms of spirituality for their own reasons. If it helps them get through life, and doesn't harm anyone else, let it be. After all, I thought we lived in the age of tolerance and acceptance?

Written By: 2001 on 09/05/18 at 1:57 am

I do not know completely whether astrology has real merit; I do know my girlfriend reads our horoscopes daily and it often rings eerily true. Coincidence or not, I can't say. I do know that mocking someone's beliefs, when they are harmless, is cold and cruel. People cling on to different forms of spirituality for their own reasons. If it helps them get through life, and doesn't harm anyone else, let it be. After all, I thought we lived in the age of tolerance and acceptance?

I don't believe it's cruel. We have our beliefs challenged all the time. It would be pretty sad if we didn't, and carried on believing in rubbish.

Tolerance is for things that really have no effect on anyone, rationally speaking, like a man wearing a skirt. There is no obligation to tolerate the belief that 1 + 1 = 3 or that there are lizard people among us. Now that's not to say belligerent asshole about it, but you shouldn't be afraid to challenge what you think is obviously wrong, and hey who knows, you might learn that you were wrong or that the idea is actually true (unlikely in this particular scenario though).

Written By: 90s Guy on 09/05/18 at 8:54 am

I don't believe it's cruel. We have our beliefs challenged all the time. It would be pretty sad if we didn't, and carried on believing in rubbish.

Tolerance is for things that really have no effect on anyone, rationally speaking, like a man wearing a skirt. There is no obligation to tolerate the belief that 1 + 1 = 3 or that there are lizard people among us. Now that's not to say belligerent asshole about it, but you shouldn't be afraid to challenge what you think is obviously wrong, and hey who knows, you might learn that you were wrong or that the idea is actually true (unlikely in this particular scenario though).

Does this person's beliefs vis a vis astrology really effect anyone but themselves? I don't think you can pick and choose what you're gonna be tolerant about. I mean in answer to my query you could say, "Yes, their belief in astrology effects me in such and such way", but then I'd retort that the person bothered by a man wearing a skirt may be offended by it on moral or gender based grounds and since a man wearing a skirt may effect (a minority of) people in a negative way, his doing so is up for derision. The lines regarding these sorts of things are very subjective, but I hope you get my point. If something literally harms none - it's astrology, this person isn't preaching gay conversion therapy - I don't see the harm in disregarding it, or rather than mocking it or belittling it, maybe ask: "Why do you believe in this?" or "Why do you believe astrology has value?" It leads to a less negative sort of feeling all around. The person doesn't feel their beliefs are being attacked - which tends to make a believer all the more, well, protective of his or her beliefs - and the questioner may actually learn something with an open mind.

I try to make it a rule to leave people's religions and belief systems alone, unless their belief system is clearly founded on principles that would harm unwitting participants (IE children) or observers. Lord knows my own religion, Catholicism, has and will always be the subject of scorn in various circles.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/05/18 at 9:54 am

I try to make it a rule to leave people's religions and belief systems alone, unless their belief system is clearly founded on principles that would harm unwitting participants (IE children) or observers. Lord knows my own religion, Catholicism, has and will always be the subject of scorn in various circles.

In my comments here I will make no stand on the validity or non-validity of astrology. Though keep in mind I come from the 60s and 70s when all things astrological were wildly popular. What doesn't sit right with me here is all this equating of astrology with religion, faith, belief systems, etc.  Not because I'm "offended" in any religious way about equating the two, but because any serious astrologer I have ever heard goes out of their way to point out that astrology is a straight out science, provable by facts and figures and requires no particular faith.  They go out of their way to point out that there is nothing particularly mystical or "occult" about it, also.  Again, I leave it up to you whether you agree it is a real science, or even a pseudo-science. But what is it NOT is a religion.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/18 at 12:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMiKrwCRQ0

Cat

Written By: John Titor on 09/05/18 at 1:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlMiKrwCRQ0

Cat

oH2UWiUbpjE

John Titor

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/18 at 2:13 pm

oH2UWiUbpjE

John Titor

Your video doesn't prove anything-it even states that astrology isn't really science. But, if people believe it helps them, that is a good thing.

I have studied many aspects of the occult and I do read Tarot cards. But, the one thing I have learned is not to take everything as fact. I do read my horoscope but I have ALWAYS taken it with a grain of salt. And even when I read the cards, I don't take what the cards say as truth. When I read the cards for people, I show them things that they should think about. Nothing is written in stone. People are born with freewill and their decisions have cause & effect on events in their lives-NOT what is in the stars.

Cat

Written By: LooseBolt on 09/05/18 at 2:48 pm

not exactly true  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYk4zDZsfWw

Yes. True.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=88u1JWNLYAk

Written By: Howard on 09/05/18 at 2:51 pm

They can't predict anything, they're fake! ::)

Written By: John Titor on 09/05/18 at 3:06 pm

Your video doesn't prove anything-it even states that astrology isn't really science. But, if people believe it helps them, that is a good thing.

I have studied many aspects of the occult and I do read Tarot cards. But, the one thing I have learned is not to take everything as fact. I do read my horoscope but I have ALWAYS taken it with a grain of salt. And even when I read the cards, I don't take what the cards say as truth. When I read the cards for people, I show them things that they should think about. Nothing is written in stone. People are born with freewill and their decisions have cause & effect on events in their lives-NOT what is in the stars.

Cat

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-decision-tree/201107/science-confirms-astrology

https://cosmicnavigator.com/blog/gahl-sasson/astrology/the-zodiac-and-the-truth-behind-astrology

This post wasn't about horoscopes more so than it is about planet positions, The moon & the high tide are connected.
Tarrot reading has been proven to be fake, while Reiki healing and meditation has been proven to show scientific improvements
in ones health. I know someone who is a Tarrot reader who pretty much admitted to me while drunk that she does it for $$$ and
will make up anything according to the situation. Everyone is a little psychic it's just on how well you are tapping into it. Theres good
energy and then theres more negative influenced energy by Wiccan rituals and practices, I find that most people that practice wiccan aren't
proppley aligned in their life and the spells end up backfiring on them, usually the spells are done for bad intentions. Now the good energy is more
so on the heels of Manifestation and the Secret book,Chakra  crystal clearing and healing etc etc.

Not to say Wiccan and being pegan is evil, its just wicca is more on the side of negative energy than good. Any kind of side good energy or bad energy has an allure to people, I have seen people obsessed by it because its like a whole new world to them, but most times the more negative side is something they are attracted to than the good side. I know people who are narcissists than are engulfed by wiccan practices. Take a person like Azelia Banks who is a nut job is obsessed with wiccan practices, it has an allure to pos type of people.

Now back again to the topic of birth astrology there is BS astrolgy like Yahoo astrology, this can be written by any joe shmo and delegitimizes what astrology is, but then you have stuff like natal charts that are actually more closely accurate than just a simple monthly horoscope forecast.

I also want to say Astrology is not a religion, it should not be compared to it, nor should someone be bullied or chastised because they made a post about astrology. If someone is Vegan on here you don't throw in their face why they should eat meat, Vegan is not a religion its just a life style choice, choose to accept or not accept it.  If you go with it does not make you a better person, if you don't go with it it does not make you a better person as well.

John titor

Written By: John Titor on 09/05/18 at 3:07 pm

Yes. True.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=88u1JWNLYAk

Bill Nye LMAO no thanks hes been proven to be a hack

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/05/18 at 5:15 pm

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-decision-tree/201107/science-confirms-astrology

https://cosmicnavigator.com/blog/gahl-sasson/astrology/the-zodiac-and-the-truth-behind-astrology

This post wasn't about horoscopes more so than it is about planet positions, The moon & the high tide are connected.
Tarrot reading has been proven to be fake, while Reiki healing and meditation has been proven to show scientific improvements
in ones health. I know someone who is a Tarrot reader who pretty much admitted to me while drunk that she does it for $$$ and
will make up anything according to the situation. Everyone is a little psychic it's just on how well you are tapping into it. Theres good
energy and then theres more negative influenced energy by Wiccan rituals and practices, I find that most people that practice wiccan aren't
proppley aligned in their life and the spells end up backfiring on them, usually the spells are done for bad intentions. Now the good energy is more
so on the heels of Manifestation and the Secret book,Chakra  crystal clearing and healing etc etc.

Not to say Wiccan and being pegan is evil, its just wicca is more on the side of negative energy than good. Any kind of side good energy or bad energy has an allure to people, I have seen people obsessed by it because its like a whole new world to them, but most times the more negative side is something they are attracted to than the good side. I know people who are narcissists than are engulfed by wiccan practices. Take a person like Azelia Banks who is a nut job is obsessed with wiccan practices, it has an allure to pos type of people.

Now back again to the topic of birth astrology there is BS astrolgy like Yahoo astrology, this can be written by any joe shmo and delegitimizes what astrology is, but then you have stuff like natal charts that are actually more closely accurate than just a simple monthly horoscope forecast.

I also want to say Astrology is not a religion, it should not be compared to it, nor should someone be bullied or chastised because they made a post about astrology. If someone is Vegan on here you don't throw in their face why they should eat meat, Vegan is not a religion its just a life style choice, choose to accept or not accept it.  If you go with it does not make you a better person, if you don't go with it it does not make you a better person as well.

John titor

As a Wiccan I have NEVER accepted any $$$ for reading the cards. And most Wiccans know to follow the Wiccan Rede: Do what ye will, harm none." They also know about the 3-fold rule-whatever you do will come back to you 3-fold. So, if they are doing spells to harm, it will back fire on them 3 times.

So, basically everything YOU believe is real and everything that YOU don't believe is fake. Gotcha!

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...