inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: No more Atmosphere threads sorry guys

Written By: John Titor on 09/14/18 at 12:22 pm

Can't do them anymore due to the  3 pics limit restrictions  :(

Subject: Re: No more Atmosphere threads sorry guys

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/14/18 at 6:57 pm

I'll miss it.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/14/18 at 7:08 pm

This is why you all should switch over to Popedia.boards.net. Way fewer restrictions, more modern, and much more friendly.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/14/18 at 7:32 pm

This is why you all should switch over to Popedia.boards.net. Way fewer restrictions, more modern, and much more friendly.

Maybe Popedia is far superior to inthe00s but it's still kinda dirty to bad mouth this board, tell others to leave it AND be a member here.  :-[

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/14/18 at 8:01 pm

Maybe Popedia is far superior to inthe00s but it's still kinda dirty to bad mouth this board, tell others to leave it AND be a member here.  :-[

Still. Y'all should check it out.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/14/18 at 8:42 pm

Well we have this in effect because it bogs down peoples browsers! (Not just mine) --That other site is slower loading and to me doesnt look as nice..... (All one colour,etc)

But I did find a thread on one of the bases there I liked!

"VHS Tapes For Sale Thread"

Ah man!!

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/14/18 at 8:46 pm

Well we have this in effect because it bogs down peoples browsers! (Not just mine) --That other site is slower loading and to me doesnt look as nice..... (All one colour,etc)

But I did find a thread on one of the bases there I liked!

"VHS Tapes For Sale Thread"

Ah man!!

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by all one colour? I'm just curious to know what you mean by that, because each category/board is in a different colour and I'd argue that the homepage is generally more colourful than inthe00s.

Also, you can change the layout of the forum if you don't like it. There are many themes to choose from.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/14/18 at 9:18 pm

I was talking about the main base index (And when ya look @ the threads on each base) ..... I didnt look @ anything really.......

I do like the white when ya view a thread......

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/14/18 at 9:43 pm

Popedia is cool but I find it difficult to join. Even if I can change its theme, I already really InThe00s theme, a perfect blend of nostalgia, its 2000s and classic. I also don't like the feel I get from the site. Its not dramatic, I guess I'm just not in it for full pop culture discussion.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/14/18 at 10:18 pm

I was talking about the main base index (And when ya look @ the threads on each base) ..... I didnt look @ anything really.......

I do like the white when ya view a thread......

Ah okay. I think it may just be the browser you are using, because this is what the homepage looks like for me on Google Chrome:

https://thumb.ibb.co/fZt8S9/popedia.jpg

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/14/18 at 10:20 pm

Popedia is cool but I find it difficult to join. Even if I can change its theme, I already really InThe00s theme, a perfect blend of nostalgia, its 2000s and classic. I also don't like the feel I get from the site. Its not dramatic, I guess I'm just not in it for full pop culture discussion.

That's fair enough. I appreciate hearing your feedback anyway. :)

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/15/18 at 5:53 am

Maybe Popedia is far superior to inthe00s but it's still kinda dirty to bad mouth this board, tell others to leave it AND be a member here.  :-no one on here had an account on the forum, then it would be considered "dirty".

Written By: meesa on 09/15/18 at 9:22 am

To be fair, a large proportion of active members on inthe00s have accounts on Popedia as well. It would be different if no one on here had an account on the forum, then it would be considered "dirty".

To be fair, I do not care if people have accounts elsewhere- most of us do whether it is social media, reddit, another forum etc. I doubt Chucky cares either.
But I appreciate that Bornin86 at least acknowledged that it was impolitely handled.

If most of you have popedia accounts, then most of you know it, and why did it need to be pointed out in such a manner? You do realize that you are sharing screenshots,etc of another forum - on this forum? I don't care who recruits for what here, but if you are going to use another man's site to do so, it can be done politely and with at least a bit of respect to the owner. Do you think if someone is sitting in a McDonalds, for example, then suddenly stands up and starts loudly encouraging everyone to go to In and Out because it is 'more modern, and more friendly', that McDonalds would appreciate it?

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/15/18 at 9:39 am

To be fair, I do not care if people have accounts elsewhere- most of us do whether it is social media, reddit, another forum etc. I doubt Chucky cares either.
But I appreciate that Bornin86 at least acknowledged that it was impolitely handled.

If most of you have popedia accounts, then most of you know it, and why did it need to be pointed out in such a manner? You do realize that you are sharing screenshots,etc of another forum - on this forum? I don't care who recruits for what here, but if you are going to use another man's site to do so, it can be done politely and with at least a bit of respect to the owner. Do you think if someone is sitting in a McDonalds, for example, then suddenly stands up and starts loudly encouraging everyone to go to In and Out because it is 'more modern, and more friendly', that McDonalds would appreciate it?

I see your point, but given the similar nature of the two forums and the fact that many members have accounts on both sites, it's inevitable that inthe00s and Popedia are going to be namechecked (either intentionally or not) on each others site. On Popedia, there is an entire thread dedicated to discussing inthe00s, not to mention the fact that the forum is promoted in several other threads on the site. Most of the members on Popedia have accounts on inthe00s, so it's only natural that inthe00s will be mentioned quite often on the forum.

The only reason why I shared my screenshot was because I responded to Dude111's post and I was genuinely curious about what he meant about the homepage being colourless. That's it. I didn't share the screenshot with any intention of promoting the forum.

Honestly, the fact that you're getting paranoid about this suggests to me that the future of inthe00s isn't secure. I respect your opinion, but I personally don't see how this is an issue at all. Like I mentioned, Inthe00s is promoted several times on Popedia and I can give you the links to several threads to prove to you that it is the case. It's only natural that forums are going to be namechecked on other sites.

Is it right to advertise a site on another forum? No, not necessarily. But like a lot of things, it depends on the context and in this case, I don't see how this is an issue.

Written By: meesa on 09/15/18 at 10:13 am

I see your point, but given the similar nature of the two forums and the fact that many members have accounts on both sites, it's inevitable that inthe00s and Popedia are going to be namechecked (either intentionally or not) on each others site. On Popedia, there is an entire thread dedicated to discussing inthe00s, not to mention the fact that the forum is promoted in several other threads on the site. Most of the members on Popedia have accounts on inthe00s, so it's only natural that inthe00s will be mentioned quite often on the forum.

The only reason why I shared my screenshot was because I responded to Dude111's post and I was genuinely curious about what he meant about the homepage being colourless. That's it. I didn't share the screenshot with any intention of promoting the forum.

Honestly, the fact that you're getting paranoid about this suggests to me that the future of inthe00s isn't secure. I respect your opinion, but I personally don't see how this is an issue at all. Like I mentioned, Inthe00s is promoted several times on Popedia and I can give you the links to several threads to prove to you that it is the case. It's only natural that forums are going to be namechecked on other sites.

Is it right to advertise a site on another forum? No, not necessarily. But like a lot of things, it depends on the context and in this case, I don't see how this is an issue.

I won't argue with you. You feel the way you feel and I feel the way I feel.
I guess I am just old. My viewpoint is different.

Honestly, the fact that you're getting paranoid about this suggests to me that the future of inthe00s isn't secure.
Editing because I want to add, I do NOT represent the opinion of inthe00s. It isn't my website. The opinion was my own entirely.

Written By: Rainbowz on 09/15/18 at 10:18 am

Alright, I feel like I should've never posted that comment. Sorry y'all. I don't want you to think I hate this website or anything. Otherwise, why would I still be on it?

Written By: 2001 on 09/15/18 at 1:37 pm

I don't understand that rule. As it is, you are loading far more than 3 images by going onto inthe00s.com and loading thing such as the site banner, all the various emoticons, the images beside the "post" and "quote" buttons, etc. and on top of that you are loading everyone's avatars and signatures. What's a few more images on top going to do?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/15/18 at 2:27 pm

The reason for the 3 image rule as well as the 2 video rule has to do with loading time. The rule is a courtesy for other users. It hangs up many people's computers, tablets, phones or other devices that can't handle it-especially with videos.  There is no rule that says that you can't make 2 or 3 different posts with 3 pics per.

I don't understand that rule. As it is, you are loading far more than 3 images by going onto inthe00s.com and loading thing such as the site banner, all the various emoticons, the images beside the "post" and "quote" buttons, etc. and on top of that you are loading everyone's avatars and signatures. What's a few more images on top going to do?  ???

I hear what you are saying. However, the size of images people are posting are a lot larger than people's avatars, site banner, etc. I have had many complaints when people post A LOT of pics in one post.

Cat

Written By: Dundee on 09/15/18 at 2:42 pm

I'm pretty sure the loading time would be a lot better if people just stop putting humongous ammounts of images in their signatures. I wouldn't care either way cuz I have the display permantly disabled thank you very much 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/18 at 2:57 pm

I'm pretty sure the loading time would be a lot better if people just stop putting humongous ammounts of images in their signatures. I wouldn't care either way cuz I have the display permantly disabled thank you very much 8)
On my settings I have disabled avatars and signatures, therefore cannot see them, and sometimes it still can take a while for the page to download.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/15/18 at 3:22 pm

Frankly, I never got the point of all the massive, humongous flashing images people put in their signatures. What's it for? It just clutters things up.  I kind of wrote it off to the age difference and figured it was more important to younger people than to me.

Written By: KatanaChick on 09/15/18 at 3:23 pm

Can't do them anymore due to the  3 pics limit restrictions  :(

Here's what you do. Post 3. Reply to your original post then post 3 more. So on until you're done. You just have to break it down into segments like that.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 09/15/18 at 3:23 pm

My computer runs the site just fine, but for some reason whenever people post a ton of videos and images in a thread things start to lag.

Written By: Howard on 09/15/18 at 3:49 pm

Frankly, I never got the point of all the massive, humongous flashing images people put in their signatures. What's it for? It just clutters things up.  I kind of wrote it off to the age difference and figured it was more important to younger people than to me.

people just want to stand out from the rest, makes them look cool.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/15/18 at 5:04 pm

Ah okay. I think it may just be the browser you are using, because this is what the homepage looks like for me on Google Chrome:

http://thumb.ibb.co/fZt8S9/popedia.jpg

Ahhhhh is that looking @ the index as a guest?? (You werent logged in with a different theme were ya?) That does look better than the all blue :)

Good luck with your site buddy :) (I might come by and join)

Written By: John Titor on 09/15/18 at 7:09 pm

Poppedia looks better than inthe00s

Written By: Dude111 on 09/15/18 at 7:39 pm

I dunno,I like this site ..... It loads faster and to me looks good :)

His site isnt bad..............

Written By: John Titor on 09/15/18 at 8:41 pm

The reason for the 3 image rule as well as the 2 video rule has to do with loading time. The rule is a courtesy for other users. It hangs up many people's computers, tablets, phones or other devices that can't handle it-especially with videos.  There is no rule that says that you can't make 2 or 3 different posts with 3 pics per.

I hear what you are saying. However, the size of images people are posting are a lot larger than people's avatars, site banner, etc. I have had many complaints when people post A LOT of pics in one post.

Cat

I think that rule applys to 2010 and under lmao what Ipad or Imac or even Iphone for that matter can't run this site with more than 4 images

Brb guys I am on my 56K Pentium 3 dell  ::)

Written By: karen on 09/16/18 at 3:55 am

Here's what you do. Post 3. Reply to your original post then post 3 more. So on until you're done. You just have to break it down into segments like that.

Without quoting and displaying the original pics

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/18 at 4:11 am

Without quoting and displaying the original pics
A written pictural description of each picture could given?

Written By: Dude111 on 09/16/18 at 6:18 am

I think that rule applys to 2010 and under lmao what Ipad or Imac or even Iphone for that matter can't run this site with more than 4 images

Well ya gotta remember John,not everyone has alot of ram... I have only 56.8Megs and if alot of embedded pics are loaded or pics it bogs down like crazy!!

Written By: John Titor on 09/16/18 at 7:12 am

Well ya gotta remember John,not everyone has alot of ram... I have only 56.8Megs and if alot of embedded pics are loaded or pics it bogs down like crazy!!

needa cop that new Ipad ;)

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/16/18 at 9:43 am

What's an Atmosphere thread? ???  :-[

Written By: John Titor on 09/16/18 at 9:49 am

A thread that has pictures of that year/month

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/18 at 10:31 am

What's an Atmosphere thread? ???  :-https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Contrail.fourengined.arp.jpg

Written By: karen on 09/16/18 at 11:50 am

Good question. Until I saw this thread title I wasn't aware there had been any Atmosphere threads

Written By: 2001 on 09/16/18 at 11:53 am

Good question. Until I saw this thread title I wasn't aware there had been any Atmosphere threads

It is those threads such as "November 2008 Atmosphere" with photos from that month.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 09/16/18 at 12:55 pm

I was thinking of vapour trials from aeroplanes. ;D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Contrail.fourengined.arp.jpg

There are all kinds of bizarre conspiracy theories about those airplane trails or "chemtrails" as they are sometimes referred to. Even Prince got in on the act:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXxbo09DxYw

Chemtrail Conspiracy Theory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

Written By: Dude111 on 09/18/18 at 5:17 pm

It is those threads such as "November 2008 Atmosphere" with photos from that month.

Hmmm what base is that on buddy?? I dont think I have ever seen that one.....

Written By: 2001 on 09/18/18 at 5:22 pm

Hmmm what base is that on buddy?? I dont think I have ever seen that one.....

There is a "2001-2002 School Year Atmosphere" thread in the front page of the 2000s board at the moment.

Examples –

2001- 2002 School year Atmosphere (photo album)
November 2008 atmosphere
August 2006 atmosphere

There are others.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/18/18 at 6:10 pm

The only one I've seen that was worthwhile was the 2001-2002 school year one. Wasn't feeling the other ones, no offense. I guess only post two pics per post if you wanna go it so bad.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/18/18 at 6:24 pm

Really? I don't have much of a stake in this site but I made my post because I see it as a matter of manners and respect. It's not that another site was recommended, it was that this forum was insulted and suggestions were made for people to leave this forum and go to another. Jeez. At the very least do all that in private. Going into public threads and going at it is just low class. I haven't seen enough misdeeds on the part of the moderators and other forum members for that kind of attitude to even righteously manifest (with the exception of some crazy hateful troll that should have been banned outright some time ago).

Maybe I'm getting too old as well.

Written By: HazelBlue99 on 09/18/18 at 6:43 pm

Really? I don't have much of a stake in this site but I made my post because I see it as a matter of manners and respect. It's not that another site was recommended, it was that this forum was insulted and suggestions were made for people to leave this forum and go to another. Jeez. At the very least do all that in private. Going into public threads and going at it is just low class. I haven't seen enough misdeeds on the part of the moderators and other forum members for that kind of attitude to even righteously manifest (with the exception of some crazy hateful troll that should have been banned outright some time ago).

Maybe I'm getting too old as well.

I have already stated that I had no intentions of advertising my forum. I don't post on inthe00s with the intention of advertising my own forum. If that were the case, I would be making hundreds of posts a day and making it blatantly obvious. This is probably only the 5th or 6th time I have made a post this month. I very rarely post on inthe00s.

Also, rainbow has apologised for her actions. She acknowledged that she shouldn't have degraded inthe00s. There's no need to make a mountain out of a mole hill and continue a debate that was resolved a few days ago ffs. Stop playing the victim. You're entitled to have your own opinion, as I am entitled to mine. Let's move on.

Also, using the excuse that you're getting too old. Oh, please.  ::) Do you want some tissues or something.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/18/18 at 7:29 pm

I was just saying how I felt and giving you another perspective. I never saw myself as a victim in this. I'll never feel like a victim in this because I don't think this is worth the emotion. I just thought your comment to messa was super jerkish.

Written By: BornIn86 on 09/18/18 at 10:18 pm

I wanna say that I like Rainbowz and although I'm not feeling him right now, I like Sharks, too.  8)

Written By: 2001 on 09/19/18 at 5:30 am

I wanna say that I like Rainbowz and although I'm not feeling him right now, I like Sharks, too.  8)

Let's kiss and make up.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/20/18 at 12:10 am

There is a "2001-2002 School Year Atmosphere" thread in the front page of the 2000s board at the moment.

Thank you.... That thread loaded good for me but all the hamilton links failed to load...... (Just an X)

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 8:36 am

Without quoting a specific member here, there is now a 3 picture limit in any thread.

Check for new replies or respond here...