inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Space Jam 2 is coming!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 2:39 pm

https://twitter.com/SpringHillEnt/status/1042488739832913920

https://i.imgur.com/ZuS3RMD.jpg

Subject: Re: Space Jam 2 is coming!

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/19/18 at 2:52 pm

Looks to me like A League Of Their Own 2.  It's been rumored for years.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/19/18 at 2:54 pm

Unbelievable. Its like I don't want it to be true so they don't f it up.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 3:09 pm

Looks to me like A League Of Their Own 2.  It's been rumored for years.

Um, NO. It's definitely Space Jam 2.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/19/18 at 3:09 pm

Um, NO. It's definitely Space Jam 2.

Is it confirmed?  That seems like speculation to me.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 3:13 pm

Is it confirmed?  That seems like speculation to me.

Just search "Space Jam 2" into Google.

LeBron James has been rumored to be doing a Space Jam reboot for about 6 years.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/19/18 at 3:17 pm

Just search "Space Jam 2" into Google.

LeBron James has been rumored to be doing a Space Jam reboot for about 6 years.

That's awesome!  I still think this particular screenshot might me ALOTO2, but I can't wait for Space Jam 2!! I never saw the original.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 3:33 pm

That's awesome!  I still think this particular screenshot might me ALOTO2, but I can't wait for Space Jam 2!! I never saw the original.

A League Of Their Own is a baseball movie. LeBron James is a basketball player lol. What makes you think that this could be a sequel to that?

Also, Bugs Bunny and the other Looney Tunes weren't in A League Of Their Own. Space Jam 2 has been rumored to star with LeBron since 2012 and this tweet is from HIS own production company.

It's 100% Space Jam 2.

Written By: John Titor on 09/19/18 at 3:40 pm

A League Of Their Own is a baseball movie. LeBron James is a basketball player lol. What makes you think that this could be a sequel to that?

Also, Bugs Bunny and the other Looney Tunes weren't in A League Of Their Own. Space Jam 2 has been rumored to star with LeBron since 2012 and this tweet is from HIS own production company.

It's 100% Space Jam 2.

This is going to be awesome, I remember seeing this movie in theaters in late 1996 (96 shift lol) Was so awesome, I even had the MJ toy
that I got at the mall that same night, That R Kelly soundtrack was phewwwwwwwww

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/19/18 at 4:00 pm

It's 100% Space Jam 2.

Idk, to me it’s CGI and could be anything.  I think they’re purposely being vague 

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 4:04 pm

Idk, to me it’s CGI and could be anything.  I think they’re purposely being vague

LOL, of course, it's called a "tease"/"hint".

Have you never seen a movie be teased before?

It's Space Jam 2. More info will be released in the following days/weeks/months.

Written By: John Titor on 09/19/18 at 4:04 pm

Just for the record tho

Space Jam 2 already was a thing, it was called LOONEY TUNES BAck in Action
and it sucked lol

Hopefully this wipes the bad taste out of my mouth

Written By: John Titor on 09/19/18 at 4:05 pm

Space Jam 2 lol

Wjvc6VYwe0I

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/19/18 at 4:07 pm

Let’s not be sardonic now. I’m silky saying this is ALOTO2

Written By: John Titor on 09/19/18 at 4:18 pm

RDI0MwBhoqE

::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 4:41 pm

Just for the record tho

Space Jam 2 already was a thing, it was called LOONEY TUNES BAck in Action
and it sucked lol

Hopefully this wipes the bad taste out of my mouth

Space Jam 2 lol

Wjvc6VYwe0I

No, Looney Tunes: Back in Action was NOT Space Jam 2.

Written By: John Titor on 09/19/18 at 4:48 pm

No, Looney Tunes: Back in Action was NOT Space Jam 2.

Jordan is in back to action via a archived Cameo lol it was suppose to be Space Jam 2, then renamed SPY JAM
and then renamed Back to Action

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/looneytunes/images/b/bf/Michael-Jordan-cameo-Looney-Tunes-Back-in-Action.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150830072152

"A follow-up to Space Jam was planned as early as the film's release. As development began, Space Jam 2 was going to involve a new basketball competition between the Looney Tunes and a new villain named Berserk-O!. Artist Bob Camp was tasked with designing Berserk-O! and his henchmen. Joe Pytka would have returned to direct and Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone signed on as the animation supervisors. However, Michael Jordan did not agree to star in a sequel. According to Camp, a producer lied to design artists, claiming that Jordan had signed on in order to keep development going. Warner Bros. eventually canceled plans for Space Jam 2.

The film then re-entered development as Spy Jam and was to star Jackie Chan. Warner Bros. was also planning a film titled Race Jam which would have starred Jeff Gordon. Both projects were ultimately cancelled. Warner Bros. eventually asked Joe Dante to direct Back in Action, having had previous success with Gremlins (1984) and Innerspace (1987). In the early 1990s, Dante wanted to produce a biographical comedy with HBO, called Termite Terrace. It centered around director Chuck Jones' early years at Warner Bros. in the 1930s. On the project, Dante recalled "It was a hilarious story and it was very good except that Warner Bros. said 'Look, it’s an old story. It’s got period stuff in it. We don’t want that. We want to rebrand our characters and we want to do Space Jam.'"

Dante agreed to direct Back in Action as tribute to Jones. He and screenwriter Larry Doyle reportedly wanted the film to the "Anti-Space Jam" as Dante disliked how that film represented the Looney Tunes brand and personalities. Dante said "I was making a movie for them with those characters and they did not want to know about those characters. They didn’t want to know why Bugs Bunny shouldn’t do hip-hop. It was a pretty grim experience all around." Warner Bros. hired Walt Disney Feature Animation's Eric Goldberg, most known for his fast-paced, Warner Bros.-inspired animation of the Genie in Aladdin (1992), to direct the animation.

On the film, Dante stated "It's a gagfest. Not having a particularly strong story, it just goes from gag to gag and location to location. It's not a particularly compelling narrative, but, of course, that's not where the charm of the movie is supposed to lie." On the subject of filming, Dante said "e would shoot each scene three times. First we'd rehearse with a stand-in—a 'stuffy,' we called it. Then, we'd shoot the scene without anything in it; then, we'd shoot the scene again with this mirror ball in the shot which shows the computers where the light sources are. Then the animators would go to work and put characters into the frame. The problem with that movie came when the studio started to get tired of our jokes and wanted us to change them. But, of course, the animation is done to the voices and not the other way around. It was difficult trying to convince them that you don't just bring in 25 gag writers and try to write a joke that's short enough to put in somebody's mouth." Although the production had twenty-five gag writers, the film has only one credited writer.

Despite being directed by acknowledged fans of the original cartoons, Dante stated that he had no creative freedom on the project, and called it "the longest year and a half of my life." Dante felt that he and Goldberg managed to preserve the original personalities of the characters. However, the opening, middle, and end of the film are different from what Dante envisioned.

Goldberg also provided the voices of Tweety, Michigan J. Frog, Marvin the Martian and Speedy Gonzales. Brendan Fraser provided the voice of the Tazmanian Devil and She-Devil, having impressed Dante with his Taz vocal impression."

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/19/18 at 5:10 pm

Jordan is in back to action via a archived Cameo lol it was suppose to be Space Jam 2, then renamed SPY JAM
and then renamed Back to Action

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/looneytunes/images/b/bf/Michael-Jordan-cameo-Looney-Tunes-Back-in-Action.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150830072152

"A follow-up to Space Jam was planned as early as the film's release. As development began, Space Jam 2 was going to involve a new basketball competition between the Looney Tunes and a new villain named Berserk-O!. Artist Bob Camp was tasked with designing Berserk-O! and his henchmen. Joe Pytka would have returned to direct and Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone signed on as the animation supervisors. However, Michael Jordan did not agree to star in a sequel. According to Camp, a producer lied to design artists, claiming that Jordan had signed on in order to keep development going. Warner Bros. eventually canceled plans for Space Jam 2.

The film then re-entered development as Spy Jam and was to star Jackie Chan. Warner Bros. was also planning a film titled Race Jam which would have starred Jeff Gordon. Both projects were ultimately cancelled. Warner Bros. eventually asked Joe Dante to direct Back in Action, having had previous success with Gremlins (1984) and Innerspace (1987). In the early 1990s, Dante wanted to produce a biographical comedy with HBO, called Termite Terrace. It centered around director Chuck Jones' early years at Warner Bros. in the 1930s. On the project, Dante recalled "It was a hilarious story and it was very good except that Warner Bros. said 'Look, it’s an old story. It’s got period stuff in it. We don’t want that. We want to rebrand our characters and we want to do Space Jam.'"

Dante agreed to direct Back in Action as tribute to Jones. He and screenwriter Larry Doyle reportedly wanted the film to the "Anti-Space Jam" as Dante disliked how that film represented the Looney Tunes brand and personalities. Dante said "I was making a movie for them with those characters and they did not want to know about those characters. They didn’t want to know why Bugs Bunny shouldn’t do hip-hop. It was a pretty grim experience all around." Warner Bros. hired Walt Disney Feature Animation's Eric Goldberg, most known for his fast-paced, Warner Bros.-inspired animation of the Genie in Aladdin (1992), to direct the animation.

On the film, Dante stated "It's a gagfest. Not having a particularly strong story, it just goes from gag to gag and location to location. It's not a particularly compelling narrative, but, of course, that's not where the charm of the movie is supposed to lie." On the subject of filming, Dante said "e would shoot each scene three times. First we'd rehearse with a stand-in—a 'stuffy,' we called it. Then, we'd shoot the scene without anything in it; then, we'd shoot the scene again with this mirror ball in the shot which shows the computers where the light sources are. Then the animators would go to work and put characters into the frame. The problem with that movie came when the studio started to get tired of our jokes and wanted us to change them. But, of course, the animation is done to the voices and not the other way around. It was difficult trying to convince them that you don't just bring in 25 gag writers and try to write a joke that's short enough to put in somebody's mouth." Although the production had twenty-five gag writers, the film has only one credited writer.

Despite being directed by acknowledged fans of the original cartoons, Dante stated that he had no creative freedom on the project, and called it "the longest year and a half of my life." Dante felt that he and Goldberg managed to preserve the original personalities of the characters. However, the opening, middle, and end of the film are different from what Dante envisioned.

Goldberg also provided the voices of Tweety, Michigan J. Frog, Marvin the Martian and Speedy Gonzales. Brendan Fraser provided the voice of the Tazmanian Devil and She-Devil, having impressed Dante with his Taz vocal impression."

All of that is irrelevant.

Back in Action was NOT Space Jam 2. Period.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/18 at 5:28 pm

I hope that Wayne Knight makes another appearance in SJ2.

Written By: Milk on 09/20/18 at 12:34 am

Please no it's probably gonna be terrible

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 09/20/18 at 3:12 am

I hope that Wayne Knight makes another appearance in SJ2.

And Bill F---king Murray! :)

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 10:32 am

I see we still have no confirmation.  :D
I assume ALOTO2 is happening!

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/20/18 at 10:55 am

I see we still have no confirmation.  :D
I assume ALOTO2 is happening!

Are you trolling?

Written By: SmartBo1 on 09/20/18 at 11:07 am

Are you trolling?

He obviously is. Just ignore him.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 11:38 am

Are you trolling?

No sir.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/20/18 at 1:05 pm

No sir.

When you respond to topics, its like your responding to a completely different thing, dissing.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 1:22 pm

I was excited for Space Dance 2.  I am also excited for ALOTO2.  I am sharing my joy for both, not trolling.  Still holding out hope that the little teaser that was posted is for ALOTO2.  There is no proof that it's not.  That's all I was saying.

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 1:29 pm

I swear I'm not troll

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/20/18 at 1:33 pm

I was excited for Space Dance 2.  I am also excited for ALOTO2.  I am sharing my joy for both, not trolling.  Still holding out hope that the little teaser that was posted is for ALOTO2.  There is no proof that it's not.  That's all I was saying.

I swear I'm not troll

Space Dance? ???

Yeah, I agree with SpyroKev. Do you know what this thread is even about? Do you even know what Space Jam is?

I'm going to need you to stop. This is 100% Space Jam 2. No further statement is needed.

Written By: John Titor on 09/20/18 at 1:36 pm

Fun Fact, when I went to go see Space Jam  the movie actually stopped playing during the Jordan intro, I had to wait 3 hours
and I got all I got was a free soda  :D

Written By: Howard on 09/20/18 at 1:45 pm

Wasn't the original Space Jam had The Looney Tunes characters in it?

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/20/18 at 1:51 pm

Wasn't the original Space Jam had The Looney Tunes characters in it?

Yes.

Written By: SpyroKev on 09/22/18 at 2:34 pm

I can't imagine the new villains and I don't want them to ruin the Monstars since they were redeemed.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 9:46 am

When the first Space Jam came out, Michael Jordan was coming off a huge comeback season with the Chicago Bulls and stormed to his 4th championship win after the Bulls secured a best regular season record all time before the 2016 Golden State Warriors beat that. I don't know when Space Jam 2 comes out, but hopefully LeBron can also win his 4th championship with the Lakers and prove all doubters wrong before the release of Space Jam 2.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 09/26/18 at 9:59 am

When the first Space Jam came out, Michael Jordan was coming off a huge comeback season with the Chicago Bulls and stormed to his 4th championship win after the Bulls secured a best regular season record all time before the 2016 Golden State Warriors beat that. I don't know when Space Jam 2 comes out, but hopefully LeBron can also win his 4th championship with the Lakers and prove all doubters wrong before the release of Space Jam 2.

They are going to start filming next year in the summer (during the NBA offseason).

The film is tentatively scheduled to be released in 2020.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/26/18 at 10:02 am

They are going to start filming next year in the summer (during the NBA offseason).

The film is tentatively scheduled to be released in 2020.
On one key factor, I still have not seen the first one yet.

hurriedly starts looking for copies of that film...

Check for new replies or respond here...