inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Blockbuster is back with pop up stores

Written By: John Titor on 09/20/18 at 12:15 pm

https://cdn3.movieweb.com/i/article/4IkGDeiRMHJVVGUWm5crHeZODxulz8/738:50/Blockbuster-Video-Popup-London-Deadpool-2.jpg

https://movieweb.com/blockbuster-video-popup-london-deadpool-2/

. The folks promoting the home video release of Deadpool 2 decided to capitalize on this nostalgia in a pretty amazing they. They opened up a pop-up Blockbuster in London that perfectly recreates the store we all knew and (most of us) loved so much.

There is one catch, though. This Blockbuster Video only carries copies of Deadpool 2. Beyond that, everything is as it should be. The store is only open for two days, September 17 and 18, and they are giving away 1,989 copies of Deadpool 2, in order to commemorate the year that the first Blockbuster opened in London. There are some pretty amazing promotions to go along with the whole deal too, as opposed to just handing out standard Blu-ray copies of the movie.

Anyone who drops by that actually still has a copy of their old Blockbuster rental card will be given a very authentic looking VHS case for Deadpool 2. They will also be given a digital download code so they can actually watch the movie. But the VHS case will make an amazing decorative conversation piece. Those who don't have a card can do their best to impress cashiers with "superpowers" in order to obtain a Superhero Edition membership card and a copy of the movie. If only these stores were popping up all over the world right now.

Subject: Re: Blockbuster is back with pop up stores

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 1:27 pm

I don't understand.  Blockbuster has only been closed for 2 years.  How can we be nostalgic for it already?  Is that where we're going, as a culture?

Written By: John Titor on 09/20/18 at 1:33 pm

I don't understand.  Blockbuster has only been closed for 2 years.  How can we be nostalgic for it already?  Is that where we're going, as a culture?

didn't know 2010 is 2 years ago
didn't know 2011 is 2 years ago
didn't know 2013 is 2 years ago

the majority of stores closed in 2010, the remaining ones were all closed in 2013
with the exception of an Alaska store and Colorado

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 1:38 pm

didn't know 2010 is 2 years ago
didn't know 2011 is 2 years ago
didn't know 2013 is 2 years ago

the majority of stores closed in 2010, the remaining ones were all closed in 2013
with the exception of an Alaska store and Colorado

It's still too early to miss it.  Ok so we're talking about 4 years ago instead of 2.

Written By: Howard on 09/20/18 at 1:41 pm

https://cdn3.movieweb.com/i/article/4IkGDeiRMHJVVGUWm5crHeZODxulz8/738:50/Blockbuster-Video-Popup-London-Deadpool-2.jpg

https://movieweb.com/blockbuster-video-popup-london-deadpool-2/

. The folks promoting the home video release of Deadpool 2 decided to capitalize on this nostalgia in a pretty amazing they. They opened up a pop-up Blockbuster in London that perfectly recreates the store we all knew and (most of us) loved so much.

There is one catch, though. This Blockbuster Video only carries copies of Deadpool 2. Beyond that, everything is as it should be. The store is only open for two days, September 17 and 18, and they are giving away 1,989 copies of Deadpool 2, in order to commemorate the year that the first Blockbuster opened in London. There are some pretty amazing promotions to go along with the whole deal too, as opposed to just handing out standard Blu-ray copies of the movie.

Anyone who drops by that actually still has a copy of their old Blockbuster rental card will be given a very authentic looking VHS case for Deadpool 2. They will also be given a digital download code so they can actually watch the movie. But the VHS case will make an amazing decorative conversation piece. Those who don't have a card can do their best to impress cashiers with "superpowers" in order to obtain a Superhero Edition membership card and a copy of the movie. If only these stores were popping up all over the world right now.

So explain this to me, Why is it a "pop-up" store? ???

Written By: John Titor on 09/20/18 at 2:02 pm

So explain this to me, Why is it a "pop-up" store? ???

it stays for only a week

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/20/18 at 2:02 pm

I'm intrigued by this.  Will it make any money?  Will anyone even see it?

Written By: Milk on 09/21/18 at 12:59 am

People wouldn't be nostalgic for blockbuster if netflix had a better selection of movies

Written By: Howard on 09/21/18 at 8:13 am

People wouldn't be nostalgic for blockbuster if netflix had a better selection of movies

I think Netflix has a good variety of films.

Written By: Dude111 on 09/22/18 at 10:25 am

There is one still open in Oregon.... They dont plan tio close. (The CD renting is still quite good)

Written By: exodus08 on 09/22/18 at 12:43 pm

There is one still open in Oregon.... They dont plan tio close. (The CD renting is still quite good)

Funny thing I live in Oregon.

Written By: John Titor on 09/22/18 at 1:08 pm

Funny thing I live in Oregon.

you should do a thread with pics from inside

Written By: exodus08 on 09/22/18 at 2:52 pm

you should do a thread with pics from inside

Bend, Oregon is an hour North from me so I might take a little trip and take some pictures for you guys.

Written By: John Titor on 09/22/18 at 3:02 pm

Bend, Oregon is an hour North from me so I might take a little trip and take some pictures for you guys.

AWESOME!

Written By: Howard on 09/22/18 at 4:03 pm

There is one still open in Oregon.... They dont plan to close. (The CD renting is still quite good)

Does this Blockbuster have a good variety? ???

Written By: Dude111 on 09/22/18 at 11:04 pm

I dunno buddy im assuming they do... (I asked but they dont have any VHS tapes now)

Written By: Howard on 09/23/18 at 2:20 pm

I dunon buddy im assuming they do... (I asked but they dont have any VHS tapes now)

So what do they have? ???

Written By: Dude111 on 09/26/18 at 12:30 pm

I guess just CD (video and audio)

Written By: wsmith4 on 09/26/18 at 1:04 pm

thIS IS WEIRD.  Do they have laster disc?  Bootlegs?  BetaMAZ?  VHS?

Check for new replies or respond here...