inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I feel like the 2010s will be more memorable than the 2000s when it gets older.

Written By: StrangeShape on 10/04/18 at 9:14 am

People keep saying that the 2000s are more memorable than the 2010s and blah blah.
But i remember back in the 2000s everyone throught the year had no identity at all and they hated it, but now it's remembered with nostalgia.

2010s had a lot of fads that people will be nostalgic about in the mid 2030 or so: Fortnite, Gangnam Style, Pokemon GO, Donald Trump, Fidget Spinners, Despacito, Dabbing, Diamonds, The Superhero movies, The ridiculous challenges, the early 2010s phones, windows 8, the hipster culture, Logan Paul the memes, instagram and all the social media...all of that will be remember fondly in the 2030s even if they seem boring, bland or stupid nowdays a lot of people that grew up in the 2010s will remember them fondly, it's actually very similar to the 80's.

In the mid 2030s when the world is far more advanced than it's today (i expec the 2020s to be big technology-wise), people will really miss the simpler times of the 2010s and there will be a lot of nostalgia about those "old good days".

I think ritght now a lot of people can't apreciaty the beauty of the 2010s yet, but i feel like more people will start to apreciate them when we're in the late 2020s- early 2030s.

Subject: Re: I feel like the 2010s will be more memorable than the 2000s when it gets older.

Written By: charasmaticleague1997@gma on 10/04/18 at 10:41 am

Well I know for me the 2010s won't be that rememberable at all well maybe some little things but overall it was a dull and non creative pop cultural decade with only a minor goodness to it here and there the 00s are still better.

Subject: Re: I feel like the 2010s will be more memorable than the 2000s when it gets older.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 10/04/18 at 10:52 am

Unpopular opinion, but:

The definitive year of the 80's was 1986

The definitive year of the 2010's was 2016

Both decades have years ending with 6 as their definitive years.

Written By: Milk on 10/04/18 at 10:57 am

It wont be memorable for me

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 10/04/18 at 11:38 am

I see the 2000s & 2010s in a similar light as the 1960s & 1970s respectively. In both case, both sets of decades offered rather stark cultural changes that led to very left leaning/progressive social consciousness in the great mass of the Western World. This, while simultaneously further broadening the conservative/'Silent Majority' populations whom saw these changes as too rapid for their liking.

So in a similar light, while the 1960s is usually romanticized by many Baby Boomers, the 1970s is usually bemoaned & discharged for its more bleak atmosphere. I mean just compare the presidency of JFK, the young optimist, to the presidency of Nixon, the corrupt machiavellian.

Similarly, the 2000s are going to be remembered with awe, while the 2010s are going to be remembered with disdain. Comparing Bush Jr. & Trump, despite similar political leanings, couldn't be ever more stark. GWB was a man whom embodied patriotism, integrity, & sanctity to the Oval Office, while Trump is a man whom embodies racism, opportunism, & paranoia.

Similar to how you see so many documentaries devoted to the 1960s & very little towards the 1970s is how 20-30 years in the future you're going to tons of 2000s documentaries & barely any 2010s ones.

Check for new replies or respond here...