inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: inthe00s icon

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/09/18 at 12:58 pm

Does inthe00s have a social media icon? I noticed there is a favicon at the top in the webpage tab that has IN THE 00's on it. Maybe inthe00s has a square version for social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.? ;D

Subject: Re: inthe00s icon

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/09/18 at 12:59 pm

https://s.yimg.com/tr/i/6de8461b337a441781a7787bf1178710_A.jpeg

Written By: Dude111 on 10/10/18 at 12:32 am

Ya know whats fascinating??

I have IE6 but I usually use MyIE2 to surf with.... MyIE2 lets me view the favicons if I want to... If I have favicons enabled with MyIE2 and then load the same page with IE6,usually the favicon is there!!! (I didnt realise IE6 could read those)

My firewall usually blocks the favicon files however so I leave it disabled in MyIE2....

How are the favicon files stored?? -- Are they loaded into internet temp files?? (I guess thats how IE6 can see them if they are there already (I dont know if IE6 would load them on its own (If it wasnt there already (called by MyIE2 (Its confusing)))))

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/10/18 at 8:37 am

Ya know whast fascinating??

Thank you. Maybe "Save As" will work or some other technique will capture the favicon. I need an icon that is larger, about 22x22 pixels, so it will match the other Facebook, Twitter social media icons. I could make one from scratch in Photoshop.

Written By: karen on 10/10/18 at 11:57 am

Does inthe00s have a social media icon? I noticed there is a favicon at the top in the webpage tab that has IN THE 00's on it. Maybe inthe00s has a square version for social media like Facebook, Twitter, etc.? ;D

There is an inthe00s members group on facebook. That has a recognisable logo, but not sure if that's what you are talking about

Written By: Dude111 on 10/10/18 at 4:25 pm

Thank you. Maybe "Save As" will work or some other technique will capture the favicon. I need an icon that is larger, about 22x22 pixels, so it will match the other Facebook, Twitter social media icons. I could make one from scratch in Photoshop.

Yea perhaps it would buddy :)

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/10/18 at 10:08 pm

Great to hear that. Thank You.
If I end up having to make one from scratch I will post it here in several resolutions for others who may be interested. ::)

Written By: karen on 10/11/18 at 2:04 am

Great to hear that. Thank You.
If I end up having to make one from scratch I will post it here in several resolutions for others who may be interested. ::)

I am not sure quite what you are trying to make and how it would be used. Plus perhaps you ought to check with the site owner as surely it's his copyrighted work?

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/11/18 at 3:21 am

I am not sure quite what you are trying to make and how it would be used. Plus perhaps you ought to check with the site owner as surely it's his copyrighted work?

I was planning on placing the inthe00s icon along with other social media icons at the bottom of my webpage located at http://www.bobfranklin.com so people who are interested could click on the icon and see what I may have going on in inthe00s.
Good idea to check with site owner first. As as note, copyright law usually only applies when a copyright symbol is placed on the webpage in which copyrighted works are posted or as in a publication having a copyright notice with a copyright symbol posted in clear view usually in the beginning of a publication. I will check with site owner first. Good idea to check with site owner first, however I would think they would like to idea? That is one of the reasons I posted the idea to see if any red flags would pop-up. I am surprised there are no ready-to-use social media icons for inthe00s to be found on the Internet.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/11/18 at 1:04 pm

Please don't do this.  We have so many copycats already.  We want to remain anonymous!

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/14/18 at 8:21 pm

Please don't do this.  We have so many copycats already.  We want to remain anonymous!

I think I know what you mean? Several years back a guy who claimed to be Harrison Ford was a bit smitty with a response to one of my posts. However, with all of the people I have gotten to know in Hollyweird over the years I would not doubt it really was Harrison Ford. I was one of those sixteen year old's who ran away from home to come to California to stay warm in the event I needed to sleep outside. Before coming here I did not know it gets cold out here at night or I may have chosen Florida instead. I also had some interests in music back then and still do.

I went ahead and placed the InThe00's social media icon on my personal website located at http://www.bobfranklin.com just in case anyone wishes to see it. I made the icon from scratch. I posted a copy of it with this message for anyone who is interested. I wish to ask the operators of this website if doing so is okay, but I do know know how to contact them. I will keep on trying until I can figure it out.

Sincerely, Big Boy  ;)

Written By: John Titor on 10/14/18 at 9:30 pm

I think I know what you mean? Several years back a guy who claimed to be Harrison Ford was a bit smitty with a response to one of my posts. However, with all of the people I have gotten to know in Hollyweird over the years I would not doubt it really was Harrison Ford. I was one of those sixteen year old's who ran away from home to come to California to stay warm in the event I needed to sleep outside. Before coming here I did not know it gets cold out here at night or I may have chosen Florida instead. I also had some interests in music back then and still do.

I went ahead and placed the InThe00's social media icon on my personal website located at http://www.bobfranklin.com just in case anyone wishes to see it. I made the icon from scratch. I posted a copy of it with this message for anyone who is interested. I wish to ask the operators of this website if doing so is okay, but I do know know how to contact them. I will keep on trying until I can figure it out.

Sincerely, Big Boy  ;)

Lived in Hollywood for years, it really is that crazy

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/15/18 at 7:37 am

Lived in Hollywood for years, it really is that crazy

So we both agree Hollyweird is crazy. Back in the 70s the comedian-actor Paul Lynde use to be one of my burgerlar alarm customers. We would sometimes hit the Hollyweird night scene together going to bars getting wasted. I guess he needed a bodyguard so that is why he would invite me to tag along. Coincidently, in the mid 80s I met a person by the name of Ken Urheim, a bookkeeper who worked for KCET TV back then in Hollyweird who was also a good friend of actor Ed Asner, who lived down the street at the time from a recording studio in Burbank were I was working who said he had slugged Paul Lynde in a bar and knocked him off a barstool years earlier. I knew after that why Paul Lynde would ask me sometimes to tag along with him. Paul Lynde was definitely crazy as a fox, however it was best to avoid him when he would get drunk as he was famously known for among the rich and famous. I even had alarm customers who would pickup strangers from bars in Hollyweird late at night only to be murdered when they brought them home. Other comedian-actors like Larry Harmon (aka Bozo the Clown) and Peter Sellers were also some of my burgerlar alarm customers among a large list of other comedians, and actors who are still alive today. They were all fun to work for, but again they were crazy like a fox! Looking back I miss those who are no longer with us crazy or not.  :D

Written By: karen on 10/16/18 at 11:11 am

chuck@worcestermass.com

Put inthe00s.com in the title so Chucky knows it's not a spam e-mail

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/16/18 at 1:20 pm

chuck@worcestermass.com

Thank you Karen for the info. I just sent a message to Chucky.  :)

Written By: Robertfranklin on 10/25/18 at 12:19 am

chuck@worcestermass.com

The following message was sent to Chucky on October 16th, 2018:  :)

<Quote>
Subject: INTHE00s Member: Robert Franklin
Date: Tue, Oct 16, 2018 11:18 AM
To: chuck@worcestermass.com
Chucky:
Hello, my name is Robert Franklin. I am a member with INTHE00s listed as "Robert Franklin" as a member.
I was asking around on the website INTHE00s to see if there was a social media icon I could place on my personal website homepage so friends, etc. would be able to notice that I belong to INTHE00s and be able to join, and see what I was doing on the website. The website address in question is located at http://www.bobfranklin.com and the icon is listed at the bottom of the home webpage.
In the section under "The 2010's" under "inthe00s icon" I was asking around about the question. I mentioned that if I was not able to locate an INTHE00s icon that I would make one from scratch and post it in the section I was asking the question for others to see, and for the purpose of someone who is in charge to see if that would be okay to do.
An INTHE00s member "karen" reminded me that I should contact someone with INTHE00s to see if that would be okay and she was kind enough to provide me with your name, and email address.
So the question is since I am using a custom made social media icon with the INTHE00s logo on my personal website is it okay to do so or do I need to change the design of the icon?
Best Regards, Bob
<Unquote>

Note 1: As of yet I have not received a reply for Chucky. When or if I do receive a reply I will post the response here in this section.
Note 2: US copyright laws vary for personal not for profit use. Below are links that help to explain the rights of individuals who fall under that category:
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/fair-use
https://support.google.com/legal/answer/3463239?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwja27GNlpveAhWB7oMKHe-_A3sQlZ0DegQIARAB
https://www.inta.org/TrademarkBasics/FactSheets/Pages/Fair-Use-of-TrademarksNL.aspx

Check for new replies or respond here...