inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spotify reveals its most-played music for its 10th anniversary

Written By: duenas8 on 10/10/18 at 3:53 pm

https://s.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/8e6a9d928567a7535bdf7e89eaeeca60/206726582/FINAL2_Decade+of+Discovery+Infographics-01.jpg

Subject: Re: Spotify reveals its most-played music for its 10th anniversary

Written By: Howard on 10/11/18 at 5:29 am

https://s.aolcdn.com/hss/storage/midas/8e6a9d928567a7535bdf7e89eaeeca60/206726582/FINAL2_Decade+of+Discovery+Infographics-01.jpg

Wow, Happy Anniversary to Spotify. :)

Written By: mwalker1996 on 10/12/18 at 11:28 pm

10 years, I'm thinking Spotify came out a few years ago. I didn't hear about till early 2014 and even then you already had Pandora and Rdio (another streaming platform like spotify but it died in 2015).

Written By: BornIn86 on 10/13/18 at 1:43 pm

10 years, I'm thinking Spotify came out a few years ago. I didn't hear about till early 2014 and even then you already had Pandora and Rdio (another streaming platform like spotify but it died in 2015).

I do not remember Spotify in 2008 but Spotify was a huge reason 2011 was so special to me. That year, Facebook was really pushing Spotify. I guess they had some kind of partnership. During that time, Spotify had a lot more of a creative streak and had all these add-ons you could try. It also had more of a social media quality to it. You could meet random strangers who shared your taste in music. It was pretty cool but they wiped all that out in one update years ago.

Written By: Howard on 10/13/18 at 2:08 pm

I remember when I created an account with Spotify many years later after their debut.

Written By: 2001 on 10/13/18 at 2:11 pm

I do not remember Spotify in 2008 but Spotify was a huge reason 2011 was so special to me. That year, Facebook was really pushing Spotify. I guess they had some kind of partnership. During that time, Spotify had a lot more of a creative streak and had all these add-ons you could try. It also had more of a social media quality to it. You could meet random strangers who shared your taste in music. It was pretty cool but they wiped all that out in one update years ago.

That's around the time I heard about Spotify too. When you would see "X is playing Y song on Spotify" on the Facebook sidebar. I think it was 2010 or 2011.

Anyway, I like 2010s music but a lot of those songs/artists on that list are awful. ;D

Thankfully with Spotify I get personalized recommendations and not simply be subjected to what's popular. ;)

Written By: Dundee on 10/14/18 at 9:14 am

Anyway, I like 2010s music but a lot of those songs/artists on that list are awful. ;D
Besides the Chainsmokers, the list is actually pretty okay. I'm even quite suprised by how Pop it is considering how extremely Hip Hop-leaning streaming sites are, at least in the US.

Also "Danza Kuduro" as #1 for 2011 is quite a shocker to me ??? I guess it shows how pre-streaming 2011 still was for the most part.

Check for new replies or respond here...