inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Late rapper XXX on tape discussing domestic violence incident.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/23/18 at 7:49 pm

https://pitchfork.com/news/xxxtentacion-confessed-to-domestic-abuse-secret-recording-listen/

Hopefully the victim blaming of his ex-girlfirend and telling her to "kill herself" will stop now.

Subject: Re: Late rapper XXX on tape discussing domestic violence incident.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/23/18 at 8:10 pm

https://pitchfork.com/news/xxxtentacion-confessed-to-domestic-abuse-secret-recording-listen/

Hopefully the victim blaming of his ex-girlfirend and telling her to "kill herself" will stop now.

X was just keeping it real. Living the life.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/23/18 at 8:48 pm

X was just keeping it real. Living the life.

get out my thread with this bullsh!t.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/24/18 at 5:52 am

get out my thread with this bullsh!t.

If people idolize the rap then they can't be surprised to see when the rap and the rapper's life intersect. Although when these guys "keep it real" the life catches up with them, much like it did with X and "Jimmy Wopo" and countless other rappers. Although even when these guys show up dead eventually, the fans still lament how "he was a great guy and a poet" seemingly surprised at the outcome.

He wasn't like Vanilla Ice who rapped like he was street ("Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine") in his five-point-oh,  but was really a suburbian playing video games. Which is why Ice's career did not last too long. And maybe explains why he's still alive.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/24/18 at 8:48 am

XXXtentacion has a legacy, bruh. He's even already in fan arts of imitating popular DBZ characters and Naruto.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/24/18 at 11:50 am

If people idolize the rap then they can't be surprised to see when the rap and the rapper's life intersect. Although when these guys "keep it real" the life catches up with them, much like it did with X and "Jimmy Wopo" and countless other rappers. Although even when these guys show up dead eventually, the fans still lament how "he was a great guy and a poet" seemingly surprised at the outcome.

He wasn't like Vanilla Ice who rapped like he was street ("Shay with a gauge and Vanilla with a nine") in his five-point-oh,  but was really a suburbian playing video games. Which is why Ice's career did not last too long. And maybe explains why he's still alive.

I said that because you hop in every rap beef related thread with the same comment. It holds zero discussion value.

XXXtentacion has a legacy, bruh. He's even already in fan arts of imitating popular DBZ characters and Naruto.

Actually both these comments have zero to do with what was posted.

Written By: 2001 on 10/24/18 at 12:02 pm

Not surprised to be honest, he sounded like a generally terrible person (not that it justifies his savage murder). Hopefully the victims of his abuse can heal.

Written By: SpyroKev on 10/24/18 at 12:59 pm

Actually both these comments have zero to do with what was posted.

What else do you want me to say? You want us to talk about XXX's faults? His debt's been paid if anything if your so bothered by it.

Written By: piecesof93 on 10/24/18 at 1:20 pm

What else do you want me to say? You want us to talk about XXX's faults? His debt's been paid if anything if your so bothered by it.

You made that post with the implication that I am somehow trying to erase or minimize his legacy which would be false. My reason for posting this here was clearly stated in the OP. Lots of people called the girl a liar, including some posters here who were asking for proof when this topic was brought up. People also ran her out of his memorial when she tried to mourn him. So here's the evidence to clear her name. You are projecting heavily, my initial post literally says nothing negative about X and only mentions the gf and how people were treating her.

Hopefully the victims of his abuse can heal.

That's what it's about.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 10/24/18 at 2:51 pm

Yeah, XXXTentacion was a trashy guy. Also, his music was mediocre at best.

However, he has a cult following and was made into a "martyr" since his horrific death (which I don't condone) and these statements unfortunately won't change the minds of those fans.

I feel sorry for his ex-girlfriend and all the hate that she's received.

Check for new replies or respond here...