inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any youtubers you really like?

Written By: goodbants on 11/04/18 at 8:28 pm

Who are you watching right now? I find it hard to find good, new youtubers, especially with the new algorithm. I'll list a few of my favorites currently.

Dan and Phil - I've been watching them for years and I'm very active in their fandom.

Gabbie Hanna - I don't particularly like the new wave of youtubers but I actually really like her comedy. Her singing is ok, not my fave.

Sam Collins - interesting trans dude, really like his opinions

Anthony Padilla - left smosh, his new stuff is hilarious

Gus Johnson

A lot of others. I don't know about you guys but I watch way too much YouTube

Subject: Re: Any youtubers you really like?

Written By: meesa on 11/04/18 at 8:43 pm

For YT, I have specific purposes: documentaries, Bob Ross  or ambience vids for sleeping (rain, cracking fire)- although I have an app for those too. Uke things-I follow Bernadette teaches Music, Ukulele Zen Cynthia Lin and the Uke Teacher for that. And then I also follow the Doctor Who, Game of Thrones channels for info on the shows, Lucas King for music, and Kalen Allen and Trae Crowder for comedy. Otherwise I use it to watch retro things from 70s and 80s or to look things up as needed.

Written By: goodbants on 11/04/18 at 8:51 pm

For YT, I have specific purposes: documentaries, Bob Ross  or ambience vids for sleeping (rain, cracking fire)- although I have an app for those too. Uke things-I follow Bernadette teaches Music, Ukulele Zen Cynthia Lin and the Uke Teacher for that. And then I also follow the Doctor Who, Game of Thrones channels for info on the shows, Lucas King for music, and Kalen Allen and Trae Crowder for comedy. Otherwise I use it to watch retro things from 70s and 80s or to look things up as needed.

Bob Ross is great. I like looking up retro stuff, as well. The 1950s informational vids are funny to watch, and MTV clips from the 90s. I play the uke, too! Haven't played in a while, maybe I should pick that up again

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/04/18 at 9:13 pm

I like lesser known YouTubers that just do rants like TheFutureKing.

Written By: fusefan on 11/04/18 at 9:55 pm

I mostly watch YouTube channels that are about my specific interests. Stuff like old commercial breaks, Videos about oddball vintage tech and TV stuff like Oddity Archive, Techmoan, and Databits. Videos about vintage computers and software by  the 8-Bit-Guy, LGR and The Nostalgia Mall. History documentaries from docspot and David Hoffman. Channels about dead malls and urban exploration like Dan Bell and Retail Archeology. Vintage educational films from A/V Geeks. And weird VHS clips from EVERYTHINGISTERRIBLE. Mostly old retro stuff.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 11/04/18 at 10:05 pm

I follow a bunch of people on youtube, but just to name a few, theres Emplemon, Anthony Fantano, rebeltaxi, glink, and reviewbrah. I love all of their content!

Written By: Howard on 11/05/18 at 5:25 am

On YouTube I've been subscribed to Only Human, SmarkoutMoment, Whatculture, Buzzfeed, CollegeHumor and EpicMealTime.

Written By: aja675 on 11/05/18 at 5:55 am

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfR8ONN-amN4h81rtQAx6Mw

Written By: mqg96 on 11/05/18 at 10:51 am

Gabbie Hanna - I don't particularly like the new wave of youtubers but I actually really like her comedy. Her singing is ok, not my fave.

I've known this girl for awhile BTW.

Written By: mqg96 on 11/05/18 at 11:48 am

Way too many subscriptions I have, but here's many various ones and this is only an 8th of who I've been subscribed too. NO political channels included.

360WaveProcess
92.9 The Game
adam22
ATHLEAN-X™
Captain B. Z.
casualgamerreed
DashieGames
DavidInAtlanta
EDP445
Emergency Awesome
FaZe Censor
Gabbie Hanna
iJustine
Lena The Plug
Matthewvhaynes
megsquats
MrBaddog7676
NeoGameSpark
NFL
patrickJMT
PhilaDehlia
RBT
RDCworld1
RocketJump
Sawyer7mage
SheGotKicksVII
Smosh
Stacey Diaz
steven rose
TheDreadMan
TheMysteriousMrEnter
TheNayborz
Tpindell
TravieBLACK
Uncle Lou
WatchMojo.com
Weight Gain Network
YO ELLIOTT - STRENGTH CAMP

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 11/06/18 at 3:51 am

I only pay attention to a few, but here goes:

Malinda Kathleen Reese (The "Google Translate Sings" girl who also does normal covers and originals)
FBE (The React guys; Do They Know; Try Not to X; Guess that X Challenge)
Baracksdubs (Obama "sings" today's hits)
There's a few others of Trump, Obama, and others "singing" today's hits (namely Maestro Ziikos)
Craig Farraway (Vinyl TV and CraigTube)
Vinyl Eyez
Honest Trailers

Brian Hull (Disney impressionist; you need to hear his Dick Van Dyke "Bert" impression; oh, and his Pete impression)
Tay Zonday had some cool stuff when "Chocolate Rain" blew up
Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy)

Music:

Bahari (a California pop/rock band; formerly signed to Interscope)
Eden xo (Jessie Malakouti/Jessie and the Boy Toys; formerly signed to Virgin Records)
Aurora (Norwegian ethereal pop singer; you may have seen her on Jimmy Kimmel once)
Daya (Top 40 hitmaker with "Hide Away," "Sit Still Look Pretty," and The Chainsmokers' "Don't Let Me Down")
Ruth B (Had a sleeper hit with "Lost Boy" back in 2015)

Like I said, it's pretty sparse.

Written By: android on 11/13/18 at 1:37 am

Emma Chamberlin is awesome

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/13/18 at 9:35 am

Shokio (a gamming discussion channel)
Terell Tigf (a user who does rants)
Rebel Taxi
Roberto Blake (a lesser known tech channel)
Jefferson Bethke (the guy who made a  spoken word poem go viral on why i hate religion but love Jesus).

Written By: John Titor on 11/13/18 at 12:02 pm

Faded Holy Solider

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 11/13/18 at 2:47 pm

Paws and Love
Service Dog Colt
Frey Life

These are all about certain types of service dogs and what they can do for people and the troubles they go through with people who don't know the laws regarding service dogs.

Check for new replies or respond here...