inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: CityData Forum

Written By: John Titor on 11/12/18 at 4:25 pm

which one of you posters was on there lol

http://www.city-data.com/forum/history/2031674-were-2000s-more-like-90s-2010s-16.html

MistaEazy-E1995
  ????????? lool

Subject: Re: CityData Forum

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/12/18 at 5:07 pm

I do

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/18 at 5:25 pm

I post on there.

Cat

Written By: bchris02 on 11/12/18 at 5:38 pm

I was banned from there recently for being critical of Trump and his cult following.  The politics section is ONLY for white supremacist Trump supporters who hate gays and want a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.  If you really want to be terrified for the future of America, read the politics section there.  It's pretty much a Trump worship-fest and anything critical of Trump, conservatives, or evangelical Christianity is NOT tolerated.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/18 at 6:13 pm

I was banned from there recently for being critical of Trump and his cult following.  The politics section is ONLY for white supremacist Trump supporters who hate gays and want a fundamentalist Christian theocracy.  If you really want to be terrified for the future of America, read the politics section there.  It's pretty much a Trump worship-fest and anything critical of Trump, conservatives, or evangelical Christianity is NOT tolerated.

I learned a long time ago to stay away from the political section there.

Cat

Written By: aja675 on 11/12/18 at 8:16 pm

The Weather forum used to be one wild ride, until they changed mods.  :D

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/12/18 at 10:50 pm

I just focus on the General US thread since I already use this site and popedia for pop-culture and political stuff. I'm glad to see that some of you guys are on citydata being that it's a site that appeals mainly towards Geography nerds (like myself). Sorry to hear BChris trouble on the political thread which is ironic because on the General US thread conservative cites usually get bashed the most as being boring and overbarringly religious.

Written By: bchris02 on 11/12/18 at 11:08 pm

I just focus on the General US thread since I already use this site and popedia for pop-culture and political stuff. I'm glad to see that some of you guys are on citydata being that it's a site that appeals mainly towards Geography nerds (like myself). Sorry to hear BChris trouble on the political thread which is ironic because on the General US thread conservative cites usually get bashed the most as being boring and overbarringly religious.

Yeah the General US and City vs City forums are really more geared towards the hipster meccas (Portland, Seattle, Denver, Austin, Nashville, Columbus) and the alpha cities (LA, NYC, Chicago, Miami, etc).  Flyover country is despised, especially OKC and Phoenix.

The politics forum used to be more liberal but in recent years its skewed hard-right and is now a heavily right-wing forum.  If you aren't a white evangelical Christian Republican Trump supporter, they will rip you apart.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/13/18 at 8:08 pm

I post on there.

Ya I love it there..... Even though some staff members are being very mean to me,Im trying..........

Written By: exodus08 on 11/13/18 at 10:19 pm

Ya I love it there..... Even though some staff members are being very mean to me,Im trying..........

I'm guessing they're Trump supporters.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/14/18 at 12:13 am

Ya well its intereasting and sad how this started last summer..... Trump was being attacked like crazy and the staff IS MAD and took thier anger out on me.......  (June last year)

IF THEY WOULD JUST CLOSE THE POLITICAL BASE THEY WOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

I dont really post much on that base and what I do post,they certainly wouldnt get mad about..... ALOT OF SITES I KNOW CLOSED THIER POLITICAL SECTIONS WHEN DONNY WAS ELECTED CAUSE THEY KNEW IT WOULD BLOW UP!! -- Why doesnt city-data??

THEY CAUSE THIER OWN PROBLEMS.... Then take thier anger out on innocent members trying to be thier friends.........

Written By: bchris02 on 11/14/18 at 12:40 am

Ya well its intereasting and sad how this started last summer..... Trump was being attacked like crazy and the staff IS MAD and took thier anger out on me.......  (June last year)

IF THEY WOULD JUST CLOSE THE POLITICAL BASE THEY WOULDNT HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

I dont really post much on that base and what I do post,they certainly wouldnt get mad about..... ALOT OF SITES I KNOW CLOSED THIER POLITICAL SECTIONS WHEN DONNY WAS ELECTED CAUSE THEY KNEW IT WOULD BLOW UP!! -- Why doesnt city-data??

THEY CAUSE THIER OWN PROBLEMS.... Then take thier anger on innocent members trying to be thier friends.........

Funny thing is, I remember when the P&OC section of City-Data was as liberal and young as Reddit.  I was on the site as far back as 2007 and 2008 and back then, it was mostly teenage and twentysomething tech-savvy liberals.  Today, few of the older members are left.  It's a haven for alt-right bullies.

Yes, they should close the P&OC section, especially if they aren't going to police it fairly.  You can get away with a lot more as a Trump supporter on that site than you can as a liberal.

Written By: Dude111 on 11/14/18 at 1:25 am

Ya Im not even there really to post on the PC section.. I post on alot of the other bases though......

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/14/18 at 12:47 pm

I am really glad that we can discuss politics here without the nastiness-even though we have had a bit of that in the past but the powers that be (before I because mod) put a stop to it. Of course, today, it is my job to put a stop to it if it starts to get nasty.

Cat

Written By: 2001 on 11/14/18 at 2:19 pm

I've known of that forum for quite a while now (I swear I remember reading it in 2005 or 2006), but I've never made an account. It's an alright forum, ultra-pessimistic though.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/14/18 at 8:42 pm

I've known of that forum for quite a while now (I swear I remember reading it in 2005 or 2006), but I've never made an account. It's an alright forum, ultra-pessimistic though.
In some ways yea but it can be fun if you love learning about geography. The oddities of geography thread is the longest thread on the site dating back to 2012 and have over 300 pages of geographical oddities.

Written By: aja675 on 11/15/18 at 4:11 am

As some people remember, I used to be really obsessed with screenshotting this one troll on the Weather forum.

Written By: HeyJealousy on 11/15/18 at 6:11 am

Everything has taken a major rightward shift in recent years. Unfortunately, for the most part.

Written By: aja675 on 11/15/18 at 6:13 am

As some people remember, I used to be really obsessed with screenshotting this one troll on the Weather forum.
He was obsessed with dissing Melbourne's climate despite not having lived there in a while and with dissing various members, including me.

Written By: yelimsexa on 11/15/18 at 6:19 am

I post on there as well, and I also find certain that Rust Belt cities (Baltimore, St. Louis, Cleveland, etc.) also get bashed, in particular the Baltimore one, which many people describe as having "third world" conditions. I find though that since it's been around for 12-13 years, it's started to run its course in terms of providing valuable information, and I'd say it started to go downhill around 2011 when all those "silly" topics like started to pop up. I do enjoy some of the general topic forums such as Urban Planning (not the weather, religion and history ones though) and the various world forums. 

Written By: Dude111 on 11/15/18 at 10:14 am

Thats one of my favourite VBB sites and its sad its run by mean people....... Not all of them are mean to me but alot are.....

Written By: aja675 on 11/16/18 at 7:27 am

Thats one of my favourite VBB sites and its sad its run by mean people....... Not all of them are mean to me but alot are.....
Yac shade? https://atrl.net/uploads/emoticons/eli.gif

Written By: Dude111 on 11/18/18 at 2:25 pm

If you mean YAC buddy,he is one of my best friends there....... :)

Written By: aja675 on 11/19/18 at 5:29 am

If you mean YAC buddy,he is one of my best friends there....... :)
I know so many people hate him, but I honestly dunno if it's because he's that bad or if his haters are thin-skinned and hate being told they're wrong. https://atrl.net/uploads/emoticons/eli.gif

Written By: Dude111 on 11/20/18 at 5:07 am

Ya I know they do and I dont know why..... He has been more of a friend to me than most of the staff...... I really love him :) (He is a good friend)

Written By: aja675 on 11/20/18 at 8:24 am

There was this one guy in the Weather forum named BeerParty who has obsessed with saying that he was a fat Polish ox with a micropenis.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...