inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: THE 2010s era for teenagers?

Written By: Dundee on 11/17/18 at 3:02 pm

When it comes to the 2000s, I always hear the early era part as the most teen-friendly part of them. So I was wondering; what about the 2010s? What between the early, mid and late parts of the decade are considered a highlight for teens?

For less bias, I would want to hear opinions especially from people that are still teens as of 2018 since their preteen+teen age pretty much covers all three eras.

You can put 2013 in whatever era you feel like.

Subject: Re: THE 2010s era for teenagers?

Written By: duenas8 on 11/17/18 at 6:03 pm

Since 2013 teenage culture is more representative. Early 2010s teenage culture (2010-2012) still feels 2009

Written By: SmartBo1 on 11/17/18 at 6:06 pm

I can't say much for the early part of the decade, but I would say either the mid or late 10's would be perfered since instagram and Snapchat were more prevalent by then.

Written By: mc98 on 11/17/18 at 6:11 pm

Since I turned 13 in 2011, I guess early-mid 2010s. I just had a blast throughout those eras.

2013 is my favorite year, it's like a mixture of mostly early 2010s with a hint of mid 2010s in my experience. My two favorite eras of the 2010s.

Written By: Longaotian00 on 11/19/18 at 5:57 pm

People born in early 2000 are the luckiest because we got to be teenagers in the early/mid/late '10s AND early '20s. No one else was teenagers in all of those eras.

Written By: wixness on 11/19/18 at 6:26 pm

I think the 2010s era tries to make itself seem more grown up, with the gendered fashion and the bland music. I'd say that this decade tries to appeal to young adults more at least. They'd be the ones who wouldn't really be caught dead looking emo or listening to pop punk imo.

Written By: duenas8 on 11/19/18 at 7:38 pm

I think the 2010s era tries to make itself seem more grown up, with the gendered fashion and the bland music. I'd say that this decade tries to appeal to young adults more at least. They'd be the ones who wouldn't really be caught dead looking emo or listening to pop punk imo.

Hipsters are basically grown ups emos and their music, indie folk and other genres are focused in young adults who don’t know what to do with their lives

Written By: wixness on 11/19/18 at 7:55 pm

Hipsters are basically grown ups emos and their music, indie folk and other genres are focused in young adults who don’t know what to do with their lives

They could have made an effort to make fashion more gender non-conforming, and they shouldn't have been worried that their music sounded childish. I dislike the bland music that's so popular this decade.

Written By: Dundee on 11/20/18 at 9:20 am

People born in early 2000 are the luckiest because we got to be teenagers in the early/mid/late '10s AND early '20s. No one else was teenagers in all of those eras.
That's why I'm mostly asking towards this age group :P... You didn't answer the question though >:( >:(

Written By: BornIn86 on 11/20/18 at 2:43 pm

I'm in my early 30s but I have been amazed by how non-teenage centric this decade has been. There are some things they've spearheaded, like viral dance crazes. I hate to say it but I think we millennials have really been pushing pop culture quite a bit and not relinquishing the zeitgeist very much. Is this in my head?

Written By: mwalker1996 on 11/21/18 at 2:28 pm

I'm in my early 30s but I have been amazed by how non-teenage centric this decade has been. There are some things they've spearheaded, like viral dance crazes. I hate to say it but I think we millennials have really been pushing pop culture quite a bit and not relinquishing the zeitgeist very much. Is this in my head?
I agree, I think it has a lot to do with social media and technology. Today's teens don't just consume culture but influence it as well. Majority of rappers out right now are apart of gen z and music.ly is run by zer's

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/18 at 1:00 am

The person I am with right now(boyfriend) is 21 years old. He never talks about his teens which were not too long ago. I mean he was 17 in 2014. Anyway, I'm patiently waiting to listen to his story about being a teen in this era.

Written By: exodus08 on 11/26/18 at 1:17 am

The person I am with right now(boyfriend) is 21 years old. He never talks about his teens which were not too long ago. I mean he was 17 in 2014. Anyway, I'm patiently waiting to listen to his story about being a teen in this era.

The guy that I dated (Ex-Boyfriend) was 21 years older than me and he would talk about being a teen in the 80s. When I was born he was 20 going on 21.

Written By: violet_shy on 11/26/18 at 6:39 pm

The guy that I dated (Ex-Boyfriend) was 21 years older than me and he would talk about being a teen in the 80s. When I was born he was 20 going on 21.

That's quite a generation gap! Lol.

Written By: Dundee on 11/27/18 at 2:59 am

Funny, it's like if my future date was born this year

Written By: 2001 on 11/28/18 at 11:17 am

Funny, it's like if my future date was born this year

Omg ew ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...