inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: An End of An Era for General Motors

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/26/18 at 6:26 pm

GM is no longer making Sedans, and are instead opting for more research into electric cars & autonomous cars. This is obvious, people are driving less & less, public transportation systems have readily improved, & automation is becoming more prevalent in many sectors, especially in cars.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/26/business/gm-cars-dropping-production/index.html

Thats not to mention ride sharing becoming more popular ways for transportation. That doesn't necessarily mean that traditional forms of transportation are dead though. GM said that they will continue to make SUVs, Hatchbacks, & Pickup Trucks, as those vehicles are still pretty popular with the general public. Thoughts?

Subject: Re: An End of An Era for General Motors

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 11/26/18 at 6:40 pm

I drive a regular sedan and that's the only type of vehicle I am used to driving and riding in.

I'm actually a little bit concerned if other motor companies will follow that path because I do not know how electric and autonomous cars work.

Written By: 2001 on 11/26/18 at 7:36 pm

Tesla driving out the competition  8)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 11/26/18 at 8:32 pm

Thanks Obama!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/26/18 at 10:49 pm

Thanks Trump Tax Cuts!

There.... fixed it for you ;).

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 11/26/18 at 10:51 pm

I drive a regular sedan and that's the only type of vehicle I am used to driving and riding in.

I'm actually a little bit concerned if other motor companies will follow that path because I do not know how electric and autonomous cars work.

Yeah I agree. While the concept of autonomous cars on the surface is cool, I'm concerned mainly on the ethical side of things.

Tesla driving out the competition  8)

Weirdly enough, Tesla has been going through a lot of volatility lately:

https://jalopnik.com/elon-musk-admits-everyone-was-right-about-tesla-1830653618

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/18 at 5:17 am

Both GM and Ford are setting themselves up for disaster.

First off, the other manufacturers are selling "cars" successfully, cars that are made in the USA with largely American-made parts.

Secondly, the American car buyer is irrational. When gas prices are low, they buy gas guzzlers, which is what is driving GM and Ford to abandon cars and sell "high margin" trucks and SUVs.

However when gas prices spike, people run away from the gas guzzlers. And when that happens next, neither GM nor For will have those products to sell.

GM and Ford are repeating one of the oldest mistakes in business... "preparing for the future" by shrinking.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 9:57 pm

dam

Check for new replies or respond here...