inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dragon Ball Super: Broly

Written By: SpyroKev on 11/30/18 at 9:56 am

This topic's been long overdo. This is one of the only few things in entertainment I'm anticipating. This won't be some regular DB movie. Its going to be movie in its genre of the decade and highly possibly one of the best DB movies of all time.

What InThe00s users are looking forward to this inevitable hit?

Subject: Re: Dragon Ball Super: Broly

Written By: exodus08 on 11/30/18 at 9:14 pm

Yeah Broly's hot  ;)

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/14/18 at 9:15 pm

The Japanese version is in theaters and I hear some praise. Gonna try to watch it.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 12/15/18 at 1:18 am

Im def looking forward to watching this whenever it gets dubbed.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/15/18 at 8:23 am

Im def looking forward to watching this whenever it gets dubbed.

Dude, Its been dubbed a long time ago. We just have to wait until it hits US theaters way in mid late January. I can't wait that long tho. Different languages, equivalent to watching the movie for the time even if you already watched it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/16/18 at 10:00 am

The movie's amazing, bruh. And I'm beating the spoilers.

Written By: SpyroKev on 12/16/18 at 2:16 pm

Its written. The movie is the perfect DB movie and it ended exactly how I wanted it. 10/10, bruh.

I recommend no DBZ fan to miss it.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/12/19 at 9:38 pm

3 days left until the English dub hits our theaters, US and Canada. I even long since stopped watching the legal uploads so my hype for it has restored.

Written By: Doku on 01/14/19 at 8:40 pm

I plan on seeing it sometime this week with a couple of friends, hopefully we will be able to get tickets lol.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/15/19 at 6:51 pm

For a second I thought this was a thread about Bronys.  ;D

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/15/19 at 8:32 pm

I can't believe the wait is over tho. The Japanese released waaay before us, I thought wouldn't be the case for DB.

Be back tomorrow with my review.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/16/19 at 9:51 pm

Back with my review. Haha

I enjoyed it. The movie will have the highest quality in a DB movie. It merited enough emotion, fighting and classic complaints for laughs. The chatter was generally interesting to sit through.

The movie truly does and defines what DB does.

The only downside to it was, some of the sound effects were low quality, hopefully a fixable error.

Written By: John Titor on 01/16/19 at 9:53 pm

Back with my review. Haha

I enjoyed it. The movie will have the highest quality in a DB movie. It merited enough emotion, fighting and classic complaints for laughs. The chatter was generally interesting to sit through.

The movie truly does and defines what DB does.

The only downside to it was, some of the sound effects were low quality, hopefully a fixable error.

What did u see it in

Why is this in IMAX

No spoilers tho, going to see this soon

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/16/19 at 10:37 pm

What did u see it in

Why is this in IMAX

No spoilers tho, going to see this soon

If your a veteran DB fan, just go watch it.

Written By: John Titor on 01/23/19 at 12:37 pm

https://twitter.com/vicmignogna/status/1087239820680880128

https://i.imgur.com/i2jaL69.jpg

_TWRTVG4CUQ

http://conventionhorrorstories.tumblr.com/post/36910875571/con-memoirs

Written By: John Titor on 01/31/19 at 6:54 pm

bump

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/31/19 at 8:25 pm

bump

I honestly couldn't understand what the topic was about in your last recent post. Haha

Written By: John Titor on 01/31/19 at 10:56 pm

I honestly couldn't understand what the topic was about in your last recent post. Haha

voice Actor for Broly was being sexual with under age girls

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/01/19 at 1:48 pm

I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome! I don't go to the movies that often anymore, but I made a point to go see this movie in theaters. And, it was pretty much everything a Dragon Ball fan could hope to see in a feature length DB movie. It was definitely a fun and nostalgic experience for me. Granted, I've never seen Super, so I wasn't familiar with some of the transformations. But the action was great, Broly's new backstory was refreshing, and the animation was top-notch. If there was one thing I did not care for, it would be the Bardock story retcon. It didn't feel necessary to the main plot, and it just wasn't as thematically strong as Bardock: The Father of Goku. The rest of the movie was exactly what I had hoped for and even a little more. I liked the fact that this Broly is different from the one from the DBZ movies. The Broly from this movie isn't necessarily evil, more a victim of circumstances. That's not to say that the original Broly is any worse or better than this one. I personally think their both great in their own way. The original is more of a pure evil, badass villain, while the other would probably be considered more of an "anti-hero". It's like comparing apples to oranges. Overall, it's definitely a movie I'd re-watch.

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/01/19 at 2:47 pm

voice Actor for Broly was being sexual with under age girls

Oh please. You're not going to actually believe all that crap, are you? There is not any proof that he was inappropriate with underage girls or anyone.

Written By: John Titor on 02/01/19 at 2:56 pm

Oh please. You're not going to actually believe all that crap, are you? There is not any proof that he was inappropriate with underage girls or anyone.

_TWRTVG4CUQ
https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/uploads/monthly_2017_02/pullvic3.thumb.png.afee7b2dbb6cf6b6863c12a15968a6b0.png

https://twitter.com/McBenefit/status/1090066200577695744

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/01/19 at 3:54 pm

_TWRTVG4CUQ
https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/uploads/monthly_2017_02/pullvic3.thumb.png.afee7b2dbb6cf6b6863c12a15968a6b0.png

Okay, with the first video, it just looks like they were having fun. I did not sense anything malicious on Vic's part. Oh, and by the way, the "girl" in the video was actually a 25 year old woman. The user who posted the video said so in the comments  As for the second one, once again, I did not sense anything malicious. It's very possible for people to retroactively retract consent. And if she was really, truly uncomfortable, why didn't she let him know, or at the very least report it to the people working at the convention. Secondly, why do people feel the need to sexualize a kiss on the cheek? It seems like people are becoming overly-sensitive nowadays because of all this metoo crap, that they will read pretty much anything as "malicious". Heck, even a glance can be considered "malicious" because of all these ideological fools who are brainwashing the public nowadays (particularly in universities). Personally, I interpret Vic's kiss on the cheek as being more fatherly if anything. And heck, in other countries, that wouldn't be seen as such a big deal. Or maybe nowadays it might because all these metoo/SJW/feminist morons are completely skewing people's ideas and making a big deal out of something that wouldn't be a big deal 10-15 years ago. They are creating problems where there are none, because THEY are the ones that are sexualizing certain behaviors, and trying to paint this narrative of the female "victim" and the male "predator".

As for the last post, that's almost too stupid to acknowledge. Ignoring the rather poor spelling, it's literally just a post and nothing more than that. What reason do we have to believe anything she's said is true? I'm sorry but this "listen and believe" crap just doesn't cut it for me. Honestly, most of these people are probably banking on the massive success of the Dragon Ball Super movie, which Vic is apart of, and conflating things that may or may not have happened years ago and making it seem like there was some sort of malicious intent with his behavior. Who knows? Maybe Vic is just an affectionate guy. Heck, I've been hugged by people without them asking permission, and I never felt I was "assaulted". At the end of the day, I feel like a lot of these people making these accusations are really just products of the current climate. They are conditioned to believe something as harmless as a hug or a kiss on the cheek is "assault" when it really isn't. And I'm convinced that many of these people are retroactively claiming that Vic kissed them without their consent. Heck, for all we know he may have given consent, but these people are just stretching the truth. Either way, I'm still not convinced that Vic is a pedophile or a sex offender. There are just as many, if not more people who have claimed to have had positive experiences with Vic at various conventions. You have the right to believe the alleged victims, I have the right to be skeptical. If something comes up that changes my views, then I'll definitely admit that I was wrong. But I doubt it, as I am well aware of the overly-paranoid climate we live in at the moment.

Written By: John Titor on 02/01/19 at 5:25 pm

Okay, with the first video, it just looks like they were having fun. I did not sense anything malicious on Vic's part. Oh, and by the way, the "girl" in the video was actually a 25 year old woman. The user who posted the video said so in the comments  As for the second one, once again, I did not sense anything malicious. It's very possible for people to retroactively retract consent. And if she was really, truly uncomfortable, why didn't she let him know, or at the very least report it to the people working at the convention. Secondly, why do people feel the need to sexualize a kiss on the cheek? It seems like people are becoming overly-sensitive nowadays because of all this metoo crap, that they will read pretty much anything as "malicious". Heck, even a glance can be considered "malicious" because of all these ideological fools who are brainwashing the public nowadays (particularly in universities). Personally, I interpret Vic's kiss on the cheek as being more fatherly if anything. And heck, in other countries, that wouldn't be seen as such a big deal. Or maybe nowadays it might because all these metoo/SJW/feminist morons are completely skewing people's ideas and making a big deal out of something that wouldn't be a big deal 10-15 years ago. They are creating problems where there are none, because THEY are the ones that are sexualizing certain behaviors, and trying to paint this narrative of the female "victim" and the male "predator".

As for the last post, that's almost too stupid to acknowledge. Ignoring the rather poor spelling, it's literally just a post and nothing more than that. What reason do we have to believe anything she's said is true? I'm sorry but this "listen and believe" crap just doesn't cut it for me. Honestly, most of these people are probably banking on the massive success of the Dragon Ball Super movie, which Vic is apart of, and conflating things that may or may not have happened years ago and making it seem like there was some sort of malicious intent with his behavior. Who knows? Maybe Vic is just an affectionate guy. Heck, I've been hugged by people without them asking permission, and I never felt I was "assaulted". At the end of the day, I feel like a lot of these people making these accusations are really just products of the current climate. They are conditioned to believe something as harmless as a hug or a kiss on the cheek is "assault" when it really isn't. And I'm convinced that many of these people are retroactively claiming that Vic kissed them without their consent. Heck, for all we know he may have given consent, but these people are just stretching the truth. Either way, I'm still not convinced that Vic is a pedophile or a sex offender. There are just as many, if not more people who have claimed to have had positive experiences with Vic at various conventions. You have the right to believe the alleged victims, I have the right to be skeptical. If something comes up that changes my views, then I'll definitely admit that I was wrong. But I doubt it, as I am well aware of the overly-paranoid climate we live in at the moment.

Atleast 30 women are coming forward about his sexual behavior

Written By: musicguy93 on 02/01/19 at 7:08 pm

Atleast 30 women are coming forward about his sexual behavior

Mhmm, yeah, sure okay  ::). But guess what? At least 30 people (many of which are women themselves) have confirmed that they did not notice any inappropriate behavior from Vic.  The whole controversy is ridiculous. I mean, what's the big deal? He didn't commit any sort of crime, so why are people like you criminalizing him? There's nothing remotely sexual about kissing or hugging someone. He's made it very clear that he comes from a family of highly affectionate people. Therefore, to him, a hug or a kiss on the cheek is not inappropriate. And I'm pretty sure if any of these women told him they were not comfortable with that, he would most certainly respect their wishes and refrain from physical contact. But I guess you and other people involved all this metoo propaganda need to paint someone as the bad guy, because you are so convinced that you are the "good guys". Listen, I can't convince you that Vic is innocent nor can I convince you that your sense of morality is flawed. On the flip side, you can't convince me that that the victims are telling the truth nor that unwanted hugs are considered "sexual harassment". I've made it pretty clear that I think society today has gotten overly-sensitive, and that they are overly-paranoid about sexual harassment. Seeing that there's no way we're going to come to any sort of agreement, lets agree to disagree for the time being. At least until some actual, conclusive evidence comes up that either proves or disproves these accusations.

Written By: John Titor on 02/01/19 at 8:20 pm

Mhmm, yeah, sure okay  ::). But guess what? At least 30 people (many of which are women themselves) have confirmed that they did not notice any inappropriate behavior from Vic.  The whole controversy is ridiculous. I mean, what's the big deal? He didn't commit any sort of crime, so why are people like you criminalizing him? There's nothing remotely sexual about kissing or hugging someone. He's made it very clear that he comes from a family of highly affectionate people. Therefore, to him, a hug or a kiss on the cheek is not inappropriate. And I'm pretty sure if any of these women told him they were not comfortable with that, he would most certainly respect their wishes and refrain from physical contact. But I guess you and other people involved all this metoo propaganda need to paint someone as the bad guy, because you are so convinced that you are the "good guys". Listen, I can't convince you that Vic is innocent nor can I convince you that your sense of morality is flawed. On the flip side, you can't convince me that that the victims are telling the truth nor that unwanted hugs are considered "sexual harassment". I've made it pretty clear that I think society today has gotten overly-sensitive, and that they are overly-paranoid about sexual harassment. Seeing that there's no way we're going to come to any sort of agreement, lets agree to disagree for the time being. At least until some actual, conclusive evidence comes up that either proves or disproves these accusations.

alright truce

Check for new replies or respond here...