inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2019 Preview Guide HandBook

Written By: John Titor on 12/04/18 at 2:20 pm

This is the thread to see what trends 2019 will bring, this will be based on current trends that are
escalating based on data & not on speculation.
This will be broke down into sections. I made
this thread so it's more on forecast nature and less on speculation. I have omitted links to articles as
a lot of the articles I have posted in the past. If you need a reference I will gladly repost it. This will be
your official guide to 2019's trends.

- Fashion -
Yellow will be a big color this year, Stripes will be back. The retirement of skinny jeans has already been underway.
Expect to see Skinny jeans gone by October 2019. There are a few new fashion changes this year based on the 2019
runways that were released in the last 2 months. The tiny sunglasses trend is gone, bigger glasses are back in, Waist
belts from the 2000s will be back. Bike shorts and Capri pants will be back in Q3 of 2019. Pet sleeves will be big this year.
Prep is also making a comeback. 2019 will be the last year for black hue, many black focused labels like Rick Owens have
shifted to a more colorful hue. Metallics are also back due to Dior. The hipster aesthetic in fashion is completely gone.
we are going for oversized everything once again this year, despite it already having dominated the catwalk for a few years now.
Eye-catching colors and multiple layers make for looks that really pop. One of the biggest fall/ winter 2018-2019 fashion trends
is the 3-5 layer style, particularly when using oversized and deconstructed pieces as seen at the Marni runway show. 80s
Broad shoulders are also coming back. Juicy Couture inspired clothing will make a comeback ala the early 2000s. Please remember
chain stores like Zara, H &m take what the runways do and convert to a more mass market scale, so expect stripped down versions
of these trends to hit these stores later (most likely Fall 2019)

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HQd8Aamj.png

- Cinema -
Lots of exciting movies will be released in 2019 including the much anticipated Toy Story 4!
You better believe it is going to be a stacked card !

- Captain Marvel
-Toy Story 4
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Detective Pikachu
- Star Wars episode 9
- The Lion King
- Aladdin
- Men in Black reboot
- Spiderman Far from Home
-Jumanji 3
-Frozen 2

-  The Internet -
It is not secret people are quitting Facebook like never before, tons of scandals from data breaches
to the Cambridge Analytica scandal, Facebook's brand image has been tarnished. 2018 was the first
year social media usage was down since 2007, expect that trend to continue. In 2019, we’ll see an increased
spend on digital video advertising. According to eMarketer, between 2015 and 2019, the amount of digital video
advertising  transacted programmatically will nearly double.  (Along with this spending, I’d say there will also be
an increase in annoyance as web users experience the frustration of commercials being added to every piece o
f content they try view, or spontaneously starting when they open a web page)Demand for mobile data will rise. As media
and entertainment companies move to make digital content accessible, consumers are demanding greater access to data
to carry that content. Even today, Millennials and Gen Z are more likely to stream content than watch it on TV. This isn’t a
demand that can be ignored. It will change the way data is packaged and sold. Just like our phones increasingly hold more
space for photos and video, mobile providers will need to provide more space for us to access the content providers are offering.
My gut tells me many cable providers will move toward a focus on 5G as more consumers cut loose for subscription services like
Hulu, Netflix and even Amazon. New business models for cable providers are definitely on their way. Internet TV providers like
Sling Tv & DirecTV Now will be the future for LIVE tv viewing, DirecTV recently announced that it is focusing only on DirecTV now
and not on the traditional cord/Dish package.

The rise of ‘Live’
Live video is something that’s been around for a while, especially on YouTube, but its popularity across Facebook and now
Instagram has made it a key opportunity for marketers to look out for in 2019. The interactivity of live video makes it a
powerful tool for marketers to engage with their audience and strengthen the relationship between a brand and its followers.

Esports is becoming mainstream.
Esports viewers are a desirable demographic for marketers, and continued investment and organization of competitions
is propelling the sport’s broadcasts towards established, mainstream media channels.

TikTok. “The adults” start using the addictive video-sharing app, a phenomenon among teens for its viral lip-synching videos. So expect it to trend down in 2020..

-  Music -

- Music will become increasingly socially conscious and political. The global political climate being what it is, large
amounts the population are feeling visceral and intense feelings of anger and disillusionment. ...Artists will become more and more
independent. ... Trap will experience major fatigue. The movement from record labels to more independent formats is going to continue.
Artists are fixing their gaze on touring and alternative ways to make money other than streaming. There is a strong push being made towards a
“Fair Trade Music Format” using blockchain, which will incorporate metadata (the basic data to identify writers, performers, owners, producers etc. of the music)
Music is going to play a huge role in the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality industry.

- Apple phasing out music downloads

- Legacy Artist releases

- A new Gaga album is coming 2019 & will be pop.
-  Madonna's new album will be coming out.
- New Taylor album is coming in 2019.
- New Selena Gomez Album in January ( Could be pushed back to march)
- Beyonce's Lion King OST will be huge when it comes out
-

People to keep an eye on

- Lauren Jauregui ( Expect the Former 5th Harmony member's solo career to become an even greater footprint than 2018)
- Rina Sawayama  (Pop act Rina Sawayama utilizes '90s sounds - from R&B elements to sweeping boy band productions )

- The Sound Flowers  ( Paris Jackson daughter of the late Michael Jackson makes her single debut this year)
- Normai  ( Expect the former 5th Harmony members solor career to sky rocket)
- Young Nudy ( Cousin of 21 Savage)
- Lele Pons ( A new artist)
- Travis Denning ( Country Artist)
- Ava Max  (leans towards Lady Gaga sounding)
- Stand Atlantic  ( Pop Punk band)

wn5YFnrD1u8
7NS8XNJlRPs

Subject: Re: 2019 Preview Guide HandBook

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/18 at 2:24 pm

In film next year, please include "Jumanji 3" and "Frozen 2"...

Written By: Dundee on 12/04/18 at 3:10 pm

OK, Disney is getting way overboard with remakes: Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King are all scheduled for next year! Add to the that the two big sequels: Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. It's almost getting to parody-level, as if they wanted to end the 2010s on a bang lol

Also can we really call the Lion King movie a live-action sequel when the whole thing is done in Avataresque CGI?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/18 at 3:15 pm

OK, Disney is getting way overboard with remakes: Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King are all scheduled for next year! Add to the that the two big sequels: Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. It's almost getting to parody-level, as if they wanted to end the 2010s on a bang lol

Also can we really call the Lion King movie a live-action sequel when the whole thing is done in Avataresque CGI?

There is the "Mary Poppins" film as well, set for a release in time for Christmas.

Written By: Dundee on 12/04/18 at 3:17 pm

There is the "Mary Poppins" film as well, set for a release in time for Christmas.
Welp, add to that the new Star Wars movie and Disney is projected to make scandalous amounts of money in 2019.

Written By: John Titor on 12/04/18 at 3:21 pm

In film next year, please include "Jumanji 3" and "Frozen 2"...

I updated it along with the music section, I might tweak it so keep checking back.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/18 at 3:21 pm

Welp, add to that the new Star Wars movie and Disney is projected to make scandalous amounts of money in 2019.
Who is there that has money to spend now?

Written By: bchris02 on 12/04/18 at 6:45 pm

I think 2019 will be the year of reboot/sequel fatigue when it comes to movies.  Hopefully as we move into the next decade we start to see more fresh ideas in cinema.  I'm really wanting to see some of the more ridiculous/unnecessary ones like Toy Story 4 crash and burn.

Written By: Emman on 12/04/18 at 9:12 pm

I think 2019 will be the year of reboot/sequel fatigue when it comes to movies.  Hopefully as we move into the next decade we start to see more fresh ideas in cinema.  I'm really wanting to see some of the more ridiculous/unnecessary ones like Toy Story 4 crash and burn.

Exactly, what's to be excited about by all these remakes, we need to have our own original classics, that's why classics are classics.
I want a new music subculture to emerge like punk in the '70s and hip-hop/rave in the '80s.

Written By: John Titor on 12/04/18 at 11:10 pm

Exactly, what's to be excited about by all these remakes, we need to have our own original classics, that's why classics are classics.
I want a new music subculture to emerge like punk in the '70s and hip-hop/rave in the '80s.

pop punk is already as underground as grunge was in 88

Written By: Mat1991 on 12/05/18 at 2:40 am

I'm as sick of reboots as you are, but I would like to see Toy Story 4.  ;D

Everything else scheduled for next year, I have no interest in seeing. I really don't see the point in live-action reboots when I can enjoy the original animated classics that, at the end of the day, are superior.

Written By: Dundee on 12/05/18 at 3:27 am

Except you can't compare a scene which had yet to explode to a genre that was succesful for years and went organically out of fashion like every genre eventually does

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/05/18 at 6:07 am

I think 2019 will see the return of dial-up internet connections.  People are tired of things being so fast-paced.  AOL will return in major form, and be the only online source for most of America.  56k modem sales will skyrocket.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/05/18 at 1:19 pm

I'm not hearing anything about this pop punk revival anywhere.

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 1:23 pm

Except you can't compare a scene which had yet to explode to a genre that was succesful for years and went organically out of fashion like every genre eventually does

Grunge was yet to explode in 88 (only in Seattle  it was a thing)

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 1:27 pm

I'm not hearing anything about this pop punk revival anywhere.

https://www.altpress.com/features/18_bands_leading_the_emo_revival/
https://www.fuse.tv/2015/12/emo-revival-pop-punk-in-depth
https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/09/why-emo-nite-day-in-la-is-the-most-emotional-music-festival-around/
https://www.dmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2018/06/dallas-emo-nite-makes-a-generation-of-music-fans-feel-understood-again/
https://www.popbuzz.com/music/features/pop-punk-revival/
https://nylon.com/articles/pop-punk-emo-revival-2017

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/05/18 at 1:28 pm

In 1988, people may have heard of grunge, but not a lot.

In 2018, I hear of no one talking about this pop-punk revival moment, and I'm a college student.

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 1:29 pm

In 1988, people may have heard of grunge, but not a lot.

In 2018, I hear of no one talking about this pop-punk revival moment, and I'm a college student.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/10/09/why-emo-nite-day-in-la-is-the-most-emotional-music-festival-around/
https://www.dmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/2018/06/dallas-emo-nite-makes-a-generation-of-music-fans-feel-understood-again/

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/05/18 at 1:32 pm

That may very well be the case, but all I'm hearing about from my peers and on the internet is news regarding rap and rappers.

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 1:36 pm

That may very well be the case, but all I'm hearing about from my peers and on the internet is news regarding rap and rappers.

If you don't live in LA, NY you are prob getting trends last

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/05/18 at 1:38 pm

If you don't live in LA, NY you are prob getting trends last

I'm so on trend, man.  I'm lit.  My shiznit is on fleek.  Can't nobody silence dis. 

Written By: Howard on 12/05/18 at 2:56 pm

A "new" Mary Poppins?

Written By: Milk on 12/05/18 at 3:02 pm

The only thing I can't get behind is VR. I don't think it will take off.

Written By: Howard on 12/05/18 at 3:24 pm

I think within the next couple of years or so we will be able to communicate with AI Robots and perhaps even copulate with them too.

Written By: xenzue on 12/05/18 at 9:45 pm

I think the only way pop punk could blow up is if it's the sound that resonates with Generation Z, if it's carried by millennials there's no way it would explode.

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 11:27 pm

I think the only way pop punk could blow up is if it's the sound that resonates with Generation Z, if it's carried by millennials there's no way it would explode.

there are Gen Z pop punk bands

Written By: Dundee on 12/06/18 at 12:22 am

Which is what I already said....

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 8:46 am

A "new" Mary Poppins?
Called "Mary Poppins Returns".

Written By: Howard on 12/06/18 at 2:11 pm

Called "Mary Poppins Returns".

Will this new one have Dick Van Dyke?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 2:13 pm

Will this new one have Dick Van Dyke?
Dick Van Dyke is the only actor from the original to return, portraying the son of one of his original characters.

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/06/18 at 2:17 pm

Mary Poppins shall be played by Julie Andrews in this new movie

Written By: Arch Vile on 12/08/18 at 4:24 pm

I think there is a major event that is going to happen in 2019 that is going to be overlooked.  Probably because it will be poorly organized, businesses overselling concessions, and security bringing down everyone's buzz.  What event? THE FIFTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF WOODSTOCK!!!  Break out the black licorice, tie dye, volkswagon vans, and legalized marijuana (might be fine in the state of New York).  Even any other drugs.  The pilgrimage to that farm, the acid trips, and all the hype will be such a big disappointment.  Not just b/c of current climate, but I don't think anybody made money from the original Woodstock, breaking from tradition. (I'm not that old).

Written By: John Titor on 12/08/18 at 4:34 pm

I think there is a major event that is going to happen in 2019 that is going to be overlooked.  Probably because it will be poorly organized, businesses overselling concessions, and security bringing down everyone's buzz.  What event? THE FIFTY YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF WOODSTOCK!!!  Break out the black licorice, tie dye, volkswagon vans, and legalized marijuana (might be fine in the state of New York).  Even any other drugs.  The pilgrimage to that farm, the acid trips, and all the hype will be such a big disappointment.  Not just b/c of current climate, but I don't think anybody made money from the original Woodstock, breaking from tradition. (I'm not that old).

After what happened in 1999 woodstock is never coming back

Written By: Arch Vile on 12/08/18 at 5:43 pm

:\'( but true.  That's why it will be overlooked in the news and forgotten.

Written By: duenas8 on 12/08/18 at 8:37 pm

“Fair Trade Music Format” using blockchain, which will incorporate metadata (the basic data to identify writers, performers, owners, producers etc. of the music)
Music is going to play a huge role in the Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality industry.

We're living in a music crisis era because the change of the medium, from radio to Internet, hasn't end up yet. So we're still have uncertainty about the definitive form of music in the 21st century. Until the Internet mature as medium, we won't have a new golden age of music anytime soon.

AR/VR music videos with metadata seem the future of music.

iuGkb1SRmxY

Written By: Howard on 12/09/18 at 1:51 pm

After what happened in 1999 woodstock is never coming back

Why not?  ???

Written By: John Titor on 12/09/18 at 2:58 pm

Why not?  ???

rapes, things set on fire so yeah

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/09/18 at 3:37 pm

Woodstock will definitely come back. 1999 was fked up because it was at the height of nu metal.

Written By: Dundee on 12/09/18 at 6:23 pm

Oh yeah the 1999 one was a sheeshstorm, not only events-wise but musically too 8-P

I'm wondering what a 2019 Woodstock could possibly feature as artists tho?

Written By: Slim95 on 12/09/18 at 11:16 pm

2019 will be an explosive year no doubt! Two elections going on, one for the federal government here in Canada, and the other for my provincial government. My province will most likely change governments, federally it will probably be the same but it will still be interesting to watch.

So many anticipated movies will come out, especially by Disney. Game of Thrones Grand Finale! The last episode of this series will mark the end of the core 2010s, mark my words!

As for music, no idea. But I see no reason why there wouldn't be a shift in sound at least later in the year to build up the sound of the next decade. Because the current sound is very long in the tooth. No idea whether it will change or not but there is certainly no reason to doubt there will be a change in music, especially trap because it's been so popular for so long. I'm hoping a new genre pops up later in the year.

Fashion? No clue.

Technology? Pretty huge changes... 5G will be released in 2019, first completely bezeless smartphone will be out (Galaxy S10 Infinity Display), first foldable smartphone will be out (by Samsung, probably won't catch on right away, but it's a start). These are all things that are confirmed. I think Hololens may be out in the public, not positive on that part though. PS5 and next XBox MAY come out, but more than likely 2020 for that.

2019 will mark the end of hipsters (the trend is already dead anyway). The core 2010s will end in 2019!

I'm telling you guys, 2019 will be a transitional year! I'm excited. This decade will end off with a bang!  :D

at least pop culture wise, it will be a fun year. Let's hope it doesn't end with a literal bang politics and world-tension wise though  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/10/18 at 5:32 am

Oh yeah the 1999 one was a sheeshstorm, not only events-wise but musically too 8-P

I'm wondering what a 2019 Woodstock could possibly feature as artists tho?

I'm wondering too myself, Who could possibly show up at this Woodstock? ???

Written By: 2001 on 12/10/18 at 7:04 am

2019 will be an explosive year no doubt! Two elections going on, one for the federal government here in Canada, and the other for my provincial government. My province will most likely change governments, federally it will probably be the same but it will still be interesting to watch.

So many anticipated movies will come out, especially by Disney. Game of Thrones Grand Finale! The last episode of this series will mark the end of the core 2010s, mark my words!

As for music, no idea. But I see no reason why there wouldn't be a shift in sound at least later in the year to build up the sound of the next decade. Because the current sound is very long in the tooth. No idea whether it will change or not but there is certainly no reason to doubt there will be a change in music, especially trap because it's been so popular for so long. I'm hoping a new genre pops up later in the year.

Fashion? No clue.

Technology? Pretty huge changes... 5G will be released in 2019, first completely bezeless smartphone will be out (Galaxy S10 Infinity Display), first foldable smartphone will be out (by Samsung, probably won't catch on right away, but it's a start). These are all things that are confirmed. I think Hololens may be out in the public, not positive on that part though. PS5 and next XBox MAY come out, but more than likely 2020 for that.

2019 will mark the end of hipsters (the trend is already dead anyway). The core 2010s will end in 2019!

I'm telling you guys, 2019 will be a transitional year! I'm excited. This decade will end off with a bang!  :D

at least pop culture wise, it will be a fun year. Let's hope it doesn't end with a literal bang politics and world-tension wise though  :-\\

https://i.giphy.com/media/yoJC2NjczmzoJl80NO/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Written By: Slim95 on 12/10/18 at 11:08 am

https://i.giphy.com/media/yoJC2NjczmzoJl80NO/giphy-downsized-large.gif

;D

Written By: John Titor on 12/10/18 at 1:16 pm

Fashion? No clue.

How do you have no clue on the fashion side I described in detail what the 2019 runways are with pics lol
The trends you see on runways in 2019 get adapted on a smaller scale by zara & h&m, Forever 21.

I agree with you on the musical front, things have been  very long in the tooth.

Written By: Dundee on 12/10/18 at 3:42 pm

I have zero idea what fashion will be like in 2019 tho ???

Written By: John Titor on 12/10/18 at 4:02 pm

This must be a troll post, it says on the first page what it will be

- Fashion -
Yellow will be a big color this year, Stripes will be back. The retirement of skinny jeans has already been underway.
Expect to see Skinny jeans gone by October 2019. There are a few new fashion changes this year based on the 2019
runways that were released in the last 2 months. The tiny sunglasses trend is gone, bigger glasses are back in, Waist
belts from the 2000s will be back. Bike shorts and Capri pants will be back in Q3 of 2019. Pet sleeves will be big this year.
Prep is also making a comeback. 2019 will be the last year for black hue, many black focused labels like Rick Owens have
shifted to a more colorful hue. Metallics are also back due to Dior. The hipster aesthetic in fashion is completely gone.
we are going for oversized everything once again this year, despite it already having dominated the catwalk for a few years now.
Eye-catching colors and multiple layers make for looks that really pop. One of the biggest fall/ winter 2018-2019 fashion trends
is the 3-5 layer style, particularly when using oversized and deconstructed pieces as seen at the Marni runway show. 80s
Broad shoulders are also coming back. Juicy Couture inspired clothing will make a comeback ala the early 2000s. Please remember
chain stores like Zara, H &m take what the runways do and convert to a more mass market scale, so expect stripped down versions
of these trends to hit these stores later (most likely Fall 2019)

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HQd8Aamj.png

Fast Fashion stores like Zara & H&m & Forever 21 copy whatever the runway puts on and makes their own version.
It takes between 6 months and 1 year for the runway looks to be condensed and stripped down into versions for Zara, h&m, Forever 21.

Written By: shadowcookie on 12/10/18 at 6:13 pm

Catwalk fashion always looks so bloody stupid.

Written By: 2001 on 12/11/18 at 12:51 pm

It's 3 weeks away, does that give you some idea? :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/18 at 1:03 pm

I'm wondering too myself, Who could possibly show up at this Woodstock? ???
Solo performers still with us (if I missed any one please enlighten me):

Joan Baez
Country Joe McDonald
John Sebastian

Also, Martin Scorsese could still film the 50 Anniversary concert?

Written By: John Titor on 12/11/18 at 1:34 pm

It's 3 weeks away, does that give you some idea? :D

Must have been a troll post I posted the 2019 looks
along with explaining that h&m zara used stripped down versions later

Then asks what is the fashion for 2019 lol

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/11/18 at 1:43 pm

If 2019 isn't drastically better for me than 2018, I don't want to make it to 2020.

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/11/18 at 1:58 pm

Must have been a troll post I posted the 2019 looks
along with explaining that h&m zara used stripped down versions later

Then asks what is the fashion for 2019 lol

Well, believe it or not but your word isn't final and you've been wrong before.

Written By: John Titor on 12/11/18 at 2:23 pm

Well, believe it or not but your word isn't final and you've been wrong before.

OMFG lol you don't understand it do you

The 2019 Fashion Runways are ALREADY OUT to see for the public, it's not my word
the runways are out
Go to Vogue and search 2019 runways.

I will explain this again, Zara, H&m & Forever 21 copy the trends from whatever runways are out
and condense stripped down versions for the masses. Whatever is on the runway you will see some
form of it ultizlied for chain stores.

Check for new replies or respond here...