inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Tight/Slim Hipsters clothes for guys

Written By: Braeden on 12/05/18 at 12:41 pm

This is something that screams 2010s. Personally I think it's dumb and would never wear that stuff. What do you think? Do you rock skinny clothes?

Subject: Re: Tight/Slim Hipsters clothes for guys

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/05/18 at 12:43 pm

I don't (can't) but i like how it looks on some guys.

But big booty guys are hotter and they don't fit into those clothes.

Written By: Dundee on 12/05/18 at 12:47 pm

People back at it with my desired aesthetics ;)

https://www.pinstripemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/mens-summer-fashion-trends-2018.jpg

An Instagram Fever Dream!

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/05/18 at 12:48 pm

People back at it with my desired aesthetics ;)

https://www.pinstripemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/mens-summer-fashion-trends-2018.jpg

An Instagram Fever Dream!

These looks are HOT

Written By: Howard on 12/05/18 at 3:00 pm

This is something that screams 2010s. Personally I think it's dumb and would never wear that stuff. What do you think? Do you rock skinny clothes?

No I can't fit into anything skinny anymore, I'm more of a Large now.

Written By: shadowcookie on 12/05/18 at 4:39 pm

I own a fair few pairs of skinny jeans, and do like fitted clothing. I don't mind baggy jumpers and loose t-shirts though.

Slim fit suits are an absolute must.

https://i.imgur.com/gIQUpl2.png

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 8:19 pm

this post screams 2011-2017

Written By: xenzue on 12/05/18 at 9:23 pm

They were ittt at one point but then I got really bored of it circa 2016. I like loose fitting clothes a lot more now.

Written By: mc98 on 12/05/18 at 9:37 pm

They were ittt at one point but then I got really bored of it circa 2016. I like loose fitting clothes a lot more now.

They're also getting popular lately.

Written By: xenzue on 12/05/18 at 9:38 pm

Loose fit or tight/slim clothes?

Written By: mc98 on 12/05/18 at 9:39 pm

Loose fit or tight/slim clothes?

Loose fit. You can see it on websites like Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Pacsun.

Written By: 2001 on 12/05/18 at 10:31 pm

I go for form-fitting/slim/skinny. Casual chic.  8)

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 11:25 pm

Loose fit. You can see it on websites like Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, and Pacsun.

its been happening since 2016 and 2017 on the runway

The big chains like Forever 21 and Zara take atleast a year to copy huge silhouette changes

which is now 2018

Written By: John Titor on 12/05/18 at 11:26 pm

They have been popular in 2016 and 2017
the big box chains like Forever 21 copy the runway styles in a condensed form and can take a year

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/06/18 at 5:23 am

I own a fair few pairs of skinny jeans, and do like fitted clothing. I don't mind baggy jumpers and loose t-shirts though.

Slim fit suits are an absolute must.

https://i.imgur.com/gIQUpl2.png

God that's hot.

Written By: musicguy93 on 12/06/18 at 11:47 am

Took the words right out of my mouth, Braeden. I am seriously sick of all this slim/tight hipsteresque clothing. There's nothing cool or appealing about it. It makes me sick just looking at it. The worst part is that it has completely eliminated variety in fashion. Back in the 90s/2000s, if you did not like one particular style, you could at least find something that appealed to you. Now the fashion industry is trying to push this slim/hipster crap on ALL styles of men's fashion. Honestly, if they offered a variety of styles, instead of trying to push homogeneity, I probably would not be bothered by the whole tight/hipster aesthetic. But it's pretty clear that homogeneity is one of the defining characteristics of the 2010s. As a result, this decade's culture will come crashing down hard.

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/06/18 at 11:48 am

its been happening since 2016 and 2017 on the runway

The big chains like Forever 21 and Zara take atleast a year to copy huge silhouette changes

which is now 2018

John Tator, what's happening for 2019 in Fassen?

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 11:53 am

God that's hot.

https://pics.me.me/2003-vs-2017-nbadraft-suit-game-thank-god-2003-fashion-23704043.png

Written By: wsmith4 on 12/06/18 at 11:57 am

Yes!! OMG those 2003 suits are horrible! 

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 11:57 am

https://pics.me.me/2003-vs-2017-nbadraft-suit-game-thank-god-2003-fashion-23704043.png
Why stand like that when you can stand like this?

https://res.cloudinary.com/jpress/image/fetch/c_fill,f_auto,q_auto:eco,w_1700/https://inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/2018-04-30T101539Z_66935274_RC1D9DB7D240_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-POLITICS-1.jpg

Written By: John Titor on 12/06/18 at 12:59 pm

John Tator, what's happening for 2019 in Fassen?

Styles that were popular in 2017/2018 on the runways get incorporated into chain stores like h&m & Zara

Yellow will be a big color this year, Stripes will be back. The retirement of skinny jeans has already been underway.
Expect to see Skinny jeans gone by October 2019. There are a few new fashion changes this year based on the 2019
runways that were released in the last 2 months. The tiny sunglasses trend is gone, bigger glasses are back in, Waist
belts from the 2000s will be back. Bike shorts and Capri pants will be back in Q3 of 2019. Pet sleeves will be big this year.
Prep is also making a comeback. 2019 will be the last year for black hue, many black focused labels like Rick Owens have
shifted to a more colorful hue. Metallics are also back due to Dior. The hipster aesthetic in fashion is completely gone.
we are going for oversized everything once again this year, despite it already having dominated the catwalk for a few years now.
Eye-catching colors and multiple layers make for looks that really pop. One of the biggest fall/ winter 2018-2019 fashion trends
is the 3-5 layer style, particularly when using oversized and deconstructed pieces as seen at the Marni runway show. 80s
Broad shoulders are also coming back. Juicy Couture inspired clothing will make a comeback ala the early 2000s. Please remember
chain stores like Zara, H &m take what the runways do and convert to a more mass market scale, so expect stripped down versions
of these trends to hit these stores later (most likely Fall 2019)

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 1:09 pm

Styles that were popular in 2017/2018 on the runways get incorporated into chain stores like h&m & Zara

Yellow will be a big color this year, Stripes will be back. The retirement of skinny jeans has already been underway.
Expect to see Skinny jeans gone by October 2019. There are a few new fashion changes this year based on the 2019
runways that were released in the last 2 months. The tiny sunglasses trend is gone, bigger glasses are back in, Waist
belts from the 2000s will be back. Bike shorts and Capri pants will be back in Q3 of 2019. Pet sleeves will be big this year.
Prep is also making a comeback. 2019 will be the last year for black hue, many black focused labels like Rick Owens have
shifted to a more colorful hue. Metallics are also back due to Dior. The hipster aesthetic in fashion is completely gone.
we are going for oversized everything once again this year, despite it already having dominated the catwalk for a few years now.
Eye-catching colors and multiple layers make for looks that really pop. One of the biggest fall/ winter 2018-2019 fashion trends
is the 3-5 layer style, particularly when using oversized and deconstructed pieces as seen at the Marni runway show. 80s
Broad shoulders are also coming back. Juicy Couture inspired clothing will make a comeback ala the early 2000s. Please remember
chain stores like Zara, H &m take what the runways do and convert to a more mass market scale, so expect stripped down versions
of these trends to hit these stores later (most likely Fall 2019)

Bike shorts as in lycra ??  ??? In public?

Other than that most this stuff seems 2017/2018, especially the signature yellow and the 5 layers stuff (well since I'm Canadian I've been doing that one since forever  :D)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 1:10 pm

...only on cyclists!!!!!!!

Written By: John Titor on 12/06/18 at 1:17 pm

Other than that most this stuff seems 2017/2018, especially the signature yellow and the 5 layers stuff (well since I'm Canadian I've been doing that one since forever  :D)

yes, however the main trends will be metallics, stripes, flare jeans, 80s inspired boxy looks, there is a year gap between what Chanel and Dior do and what Zara and H&m copy and mass market in their own version, by 2019 there won't be much skinny jeans for women at all.

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 1:23 pm

...only on cyclists!!!!!!!

Specifically only while cycling. Please don't walk around or do errands in them please! 🙏 We live in a society.

Written By: Tyrannosaurus Rex on 12/06/18 at 1:28 pm

Interesting. I never even noticed yellow being a thing until this year.

Written By: John Titor on 12/06/18 at 1:30 pm

Yellow is real big on the runways now , its been trickling in slowly in mass market stores, it will be in every Forever 21 by April

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 1:33 pm

yes, however the main trends will be metallics, stripes, flare jeans, 80s inspired boxy looks, there is a year gap between what Chanel and Dior do and what Zara and H&m copy and mass market in their own version, by 2019 there won't be much skinny jeans for women at all.

Interesting. I already notice a lot of these trends gaining ground in 2018 (the stories, the high-waist flared jeans, boxy clothing etc.) but they're not all pervasive yet. I wouldn't mind; other than me knowing all too well that baggy clothing doesn't stay fashionable for long, I'm loving the aesthetics this year.  8)

Same, winter/spring of this year I believe.

Written By: John Titor on 12/06/18 at 1:34 pm

Interesting. I already notice a lot of these trends gaining ground in 2018 (the stories, the high-waist flared jeans, boxy clothing etc.) but they're not all pervasive yet. I wouldn't mind; other than me knowing all too well that baggy clothing doesn't stay fashionable for long, I'm loving the aesthetics this year.  8)

Same, winter/spring of this year I believe.

The whole Boxy look was huge in 2016 on the runways , it was so out of field people thought it was weird, that same silhouette shape you will see everywhere in 2019.
You are already seeing it now somewhat  ( Think Ariana Grande wearing XXL oversized sweatshirts) in 2016 it was more exaggerated tho (oversize long sleeves that touch the floor)

Written By: Dundee on 12/06/18 at 1:35 pm

Hum, this discussion veered into a 2019 speculation thread too? ???

Anyway, I bought lots of expensive skinny clothing this year so expect me to dress that way for several years on!

Written By: John Titor on 12/06/18 at 1:35 pm

Anyway, I bought lots of expensive skinny clothing this year so expect me to dress that way for several years on!

it's not speculation its what is in store for fashion for 2019

The runways are already out to the public lol

Written By: 2001 on 12/06/18 at 1:45 pm

Tbf the winter 2019 fashion season has started already so you can't say we're speculating ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/06/18 at 2:05 pm

Specifically only while cycling. Please don't walk around or do errands in them please! 🙏 We live in a society.

and don't forget that people walk around in pajama bottoms too.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 2:06 pm

and don't forget that people walk around in pajama bottoms too.  ::)
Hopefully not going to job interviews?

Written By: Howard on 12/06/18 at 2:50 pm

Hopefully not going to job interviews?

just walking the streets.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/06/18 at 2:52 pm

just walking the streets.
going shopping? Too lazy to get changed?

Written By: Howard on 12/07/18 at 7:04 am

going shopping? Too lazy to get changed?

It feels more comfortable to them.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 12/07/18 at 11:51 am

It feels more comfortable to them.

It appears there are those who feel comfortable wearing sweatpants for almost any occasion now, so from there it's really just a hop, skip and a jump to pajama bottoms.

Written By: 2001 on 12/07/18 at 2:11 pm

It appears there are those who feel comfortable wearing sweatpants for almost any occasion now, so from there it's really just a hop, skip and a jump to pajama bottoms.

And now lycra! What is the world coming to.

Written By: Howard on 12/08/18 at 2:08 pm

And now lycra! What is the world coming to.

You mean spandex? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/08/18 at 2:09 pm

and slippers.

Written By: annimal on 12/08/18 at 4:05 pm

or is it just room temperature?

Written By: Dundee on 02/06/19 at 8:18 am

Wide-legged pants have made a comeback in women fashion since around late 2017 or so:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0293/9277/products/Fashion_Nova_10-18-17-1231.jpg?v=1525507068
(Although it's not dominating and it's more of an extension of the comfy look)

I don't see any change in men fashion so far though. Bottoms are still over-the-top slim and skinny.

I just found a video from 2017 when fashion was so tight people completely shunned down on the baggy look, and the three pants presented somehow pass as "baggy" while they're just slightly more loose-fitted ;D (They're basically pants of the early 2010s!)

5Jrd1hR9EK0

Written By: karen on 02/07/19 at 11:32 am

I'll have to rummage through my wardrobe. I think I've got some stripey wide leg pants like that from the last time it was fashionable!

Written By: 2001 on 02/07/19 at 5:22 pm

I'll have to rummage through my wardrobe. I think I've got some stripey wide leg pants like that from the last time it was fashionable!

I have a pair of baggy jeans from 2007 too. I'm ready whenever the trend is ready  :D

Written By: Dundee on 02/07/19 at 7:27 pm

I have a pair of baggy jeans from 2007 too. I'm ready whenever the trend is ready  :D
From the president of skinny jeans club, this sounds like treasome :o :o

Written By: 2001 on 02/07/19 at 7:34 pm

From the president of skinny jeans club, this sounds like treasome :o :o

My account was hacked.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/13/19 at 1:13 pm

I couldn’t pull it off anyway. I’m not chunky, but I ain’t no string bean neither.

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/13/19 at 1:57 pm

http://www.primermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Muscular-Jeans/Muscular-Jeans_feature.jpg

Written By: 2001 on 02/15/19 at 3:36 pm

Wide-legged pants have made a comeback in women fashion since around late 2017 or so:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0293/9277/products/Fashion_Nova_10-18-17-1231.jpg?v=1525507068
(Although it's not dominating and it's more of an extension of the comfy look)

I don't see any change in men fashion so far though. Bottoms are still over-the-top slim and skinny.

I just found a video from 2017 when fashion was so tight people completely shunned down on the baggy look, and the three pants presented somehow pass as "baggy" while they're just slightly more loose-fitted ;D (They're basically pants of the early 2010s!)

5Jrd1hR9EK0

Lol wow the video should be titled how to dress super basic ;D

Too many sloppy dudes wear baggy jeans, for that reason it might be difficult for the trend to catch on with fashionable dudes. I think high-waisted baggy jeans might work, but it's a very feminine silhouette.

Check for new replies or respond here...