inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Facebook let Spotify and Netflix read private messages

Written By: John Titor on 12/19/18 at 10:54 am

https://t.co/NX6MvYryNH

Facebook allowed Microsoft’s Bing search engine to see the names of virtually all Facebook users’ friends without consent, the records show, and gave Netflix and Spotify the ability to read Facebook users’ private messages.

The social network permitted Amazon to obtain users’ names and contact information through their friends, and it let Yahoo view streams of friends’ posts as recently as this summer, despite public statements that it had stopped that type of sharing years earlier.

Facebook has been reeling from a series of privacy scandals, set off by revelations in March that a political consulting firm, Cambridge Analytica, improperly used Facebook data to build tools that aided President Trump’s 2016 campaign. Acknowledging that it had breached users’ trust, Facebook insisted that it had instituted stricter privacy protections long ago. Mark Zuckerberg, the chief executive, assured lawmakers in April that people “have complete control” over everything they share on Facebook.

Subject: Re: Facebook let Spotify and Netflix read private messages

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/18 at 11:21 am

This all sounds to be against the Data Protection Act 2018, in order to share files it has to be done with the owners consent... ?

Written By: John Titor on 12/19/18 at 11:23 am

This all sounds to be against the Data Protection Act 2018, in order to share files it has to be done with the owners consent... ?

Even more people going to leave Facebook now

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/19/18 at 11:26 am

Even more people going to leave Facebook now
I have been viewing and using FB less now, but Messenger is a godsend for me, it is my only true to communicate with relatives abroad, if it was not for that, I would have quit ages ago.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 9:59 pm

delete fb

Check for new replies or respond here...