inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#7 itunes) The Exhibitionist DEBUT ALBUM

Written By: John Titor on 12/30/18 at 6:09 pm

Right now there 2 people being groomed one from Atlantic Records and one from Universal.
Keep these 2 on your radar in 2019. Atlantic is going to go all out next year with Ava despite
her............having a striking resemblance to somebody.

WXBHCQYxwr0

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney being groomed for 2019

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/30/18 at 6:37 pm

Right now there 2 people being groomed one from Atlantic Records and one from Universal.
Keep these 2 on your radar in 2019. Atlantic is going to go all out next year with Ava despite
her............having a striking resemblance to somebody.

A conspiracy to create the next Gaga/Britney? ???

Written By: John Titor on 12/30/18 at 6:45 pm

A conspiracy to create the next Gaga/Britney? ???

Was on the phone with former co worker at Atlantic, they giving her that Brock Lesnar push

Written By: 2001 on 12/30/18 at 6:55 pm

I don't think you can "groom" someone to the level of superstardom. If that were the case, we'd be seeing a lot more of them considering how much $$$ they rake in.

Written By: John Titor on 12/30/18 at 7:29 pm

I don't think you can "groom" someone to the level of superstardom. If that were the case, we'd be seeing a lot more of them considering how much $$$ they rake in.

It happened with Gaga, in the Summer of 2008 Just Dance the music video was played for 10 seconds before the start of every Interscope artists music video.

As for Cardi B, atlantic stopped promoting other artists just to focus on her.

Gaga however had a good promo machine with her, tv show interviews, magazines etc, so we shall see !!!
Universal going to give that payola to the clear channel station as always.

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/31/18 at 3:04 am

The pop-punk explosion of 2018 will happen today, ya'll.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 12/31/18 at 11:02 am

The pop-punk explosion of 2018 will happen today, ya'll.

Late 2018 shift dare you say?

Written By: bchris02 on 12/31/18 at 11:16 am

I agree.  They happen about once per decade and seem to come out of nowhere.  They cannot really be groomed as they typically happen as a result of everything falling into place just so at the right time.  Gaga for instance wouldn't have been as big as she was five years earlier or five years later.  She came onto the scene at just the right time.  Same for Britney and the boy/girl bands of the Y2K era.

Written By: LooseBolt on 12/31/18 at 11:44 am

What happened to that band from last year that you were saying was going to be huge? What was their name again?

Written By: John Titor on 12/31/18 at 12:29 pm

I agree.  They happen about once per decade and seem to come out of nowhere.  They cannot really be groomed as they typically happen as a result of everything falling into place just so at the right time.  Gaga for instance wouldn't have been as big as she was five years earlier or five years later.  She came onto the scene at just the right time.  Same for Britney and the boy/girl bands of the Y2K era.

Thats not how Gaga happened at all LMAO

She was being groomed since 2007 she was signed to another label before being dropped and then signed with another shortly after, then Interscope
had a marketing blitz where Just Dance would be played on Youtube for 10 seconds before every music video, had press releases and major interview deals set in place. In fact her song came out overseas months before it hit the usa due to the usa not being ready for electropop at the time.

LMAO at out of nowhere

And as for Britney she was in a teen pop group called Innosense and it flopped, she was picked as a solo halfway thru & did mall tours to build up hype.
The BOX a music tv station actually played some stuff from them in mid 97. She was signed to JIVE as a solo deal later on.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B64P8tFCIAEhxd3.jpg

SIEgv-H-Q7Q

Britney's vocals are all over the song

During the 1997-1998 school year Hit me baby one more time was produced by Max and she tested it out at various functions until
going on a spring/summer mall tour

QgbRk7UouLs

Written By: BornIn86 on 12/31/18 at 3:36 pm

Late 2018 shift dare you say?

Any minute now.

Written By: John Titor on 01/02/19 at 6:18 pm

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8491701/ava-max-sweet-but-psycho-uk-number-one

https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/HUEE06B.png

December 2018- Jan 2019 week
Ava Max Lands U.K.'s Last No. 1 Single of 2018 With 'Sweet But Psycho'

Ava Max's collection of No. 1s across Europe with “Sweet But Psycho” (Atlantic/Warner Music) now extends to the U.K. The U.S. singer moves 2-1 on the Official Charts Company's last survey of 2018, while The Greatest Showman (Atlantic/Warner) lands a 24th non-consecutive week atop the album chart.

Max missed out on the coveted Christmas No. 1 spot last week, but combined units of 65,000 now take “Psycho” to the top. Mariah Carey's “All I Want For Christmas Is You” (Columbia/Sony) is up 4-2, repeating both the position it achieved a year ago, and the peak of its first release in 1994. The festive perennial came extremely close to making the summit for the first time, finishing just 152 combined units behind Ava Max. But “Christmas” sets a new streaming record, with 15.3 million weekly

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max ( #1 song in the UK now)

Written By: Dundee on 01/02/19 at 7:55 pm

I don't really get the comparison, besides some cues taken from "Bad Romance" applied to "Sweet, But Psycho". Otherwise, huh ??? ?

Written By: John Titor on 01/02/19 at 7:57 pm

I don't really get the comparison, besides some cues taken from "Bad Romance" applied to "Sweet, But Psycho"?

she borrows from sia with the wig, borrows from Gaga in her vocal reputiton (mmmaaa oh ma ma ma) same way Gaga would sing, & also looks like Gaga.
Regardless of the copy cat act, pop music has been dead since 2016 and its refreshing to see this go 1# in every country except the usa.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/02/19 at 10:11 pm

Honestly...there is next to nothing special about her. But hey, maybe she is the next best thing. But why should the next best thing be soo...boring? Even Halsey seems far more interesting in comparison.

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max ( #17 song USA ITUNES)

Written By: John Titor on 01/02/19 at 10:39 pm

Honestly...there is next to nothing special about her. But hey, maybe she is the next best thing. But why should the next best thing be soo...boring? Even Halsey seems far more interesting in comparison.

I think because everyone else at the moment is bland esp with trap she stands out by default

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 3:03 pm

Ava Max's 'Sweet But Psycho,' 'The Greatest Showman' Start 2019 Atop U.K. Charts
1/4/2019

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8492228/ava-max-sweet-but-psycho-no-1-uk

Ava Max's “Sweet But Psycho” (Atlantic/Warner Music) starts 2019 with a second week atop the Official Charts Company's U.K. singles chart. The Greatest Showman (Atlantic/Warner) owns the album chart's No. 1 spot for an aggregate 25th week.

Weekly combined units of 71,000, including 7.95m streams, ensure that “Sweet But Psycho” continues to reign on the first countdown of the new year. As the domination of festive singles comes to an end, new tracks and older favorites reap the benefit, with not a single track in descent in the entire top 40.

Ariana Grande's former No. 1 “Thank U, Next” (Republic/ Universal) bounces back 5-2; Post Malone's “Sunflower” (Republic/Universal), featuring Swae Lee is up from No. 19 to a new peak of No. 3 and Malone's “Wow” leaps 52-5. In between, Mark Ronson's collaboration with Miley Cyrus, “Nothing Breaks Like A Heart” (Columbia/Sony) climbs anew, 15-4, regaining its peak position of three weeks ago

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#1 song in the UK now) My prediction was right

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/04/19 at 7:20 pm

You part of her street team or something?

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#1 song in the UK now) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 7:31 pm

You part of her street team or something?

HAHAHAHAH STREET TIME

that is a funny one ;D ;D ;D

I used to work at a record label and I still attend producer meet ups on meetup

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 7:39 pm

Atlantic told her not to mention Gaga on any interview

Written By: xenzue on 01/04/19 at 9:13 pm

She just seems like another Dua Lipa to me. Her looks are very average, and there's no choreography, only decent vocals, and music production is average. Idk why you think she's the next Gaga, that implies being so innovative that you usher in a new era in music.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 9:45 pm

She just seems like another Dua Lipa to me. Her looks are very average, and there's no choreography, only decent vocals, and music production is average. Idk why you think she's the next Gaga, that implies being so innovative that you usher in a new era in music.

fnJ67UiqqDg

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 9:47 pm

^

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/04/19 at 9:53 pm

I'm not a Dua Lipa stan by any means but Dua Lipa is 10x more interesting than Ms. Max and Dua Lipa's celebrity personality is super bland. I could listen to One Kiss and Lost in Your Light like a billion times. I can listen to Oops I Did It Again, Toxic, If You Seek Amy, Gimme More, Telephone, and Just Dance a trillion times, but (perhaps this is Titor's plan) I've listened through Max's videos and there's nothing that's innovative or captivating.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 10:06 pm

I'm not a Dua Lipa stan by any means but Dua Lipa is 10x more interesting than Ms. Max and Dua Lipa's celebrity personality is super bland. I could listen to One Kiss and Lost in Your Light like a billion times. I can listen to Oops I Did It Again, Toxic, If You Seek Amy, Gimme More, Telephone, and Just Dance a trillion times, but (perhaps this is Titor's plan) I've listened through Max's videos and there's nothing that's innovative or captivating.

Dua lipa is a damn brick and cant even talk

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#83 USA CHARTS) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 6:56 pm

Ava is not on USA CHARTS for the first time

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#83 USA CHARTS) My prediction was right

Written By: Dundee on 01/05/19 at 7:48 pm

Admit it, you secretly stan her :P

This will probably be a hit in the US, considering the US is always months late on music trends and new artists ;D

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 8:15 pm

Admit it, you secretly stan her :P

This will probably be a hit in the US, considering the US is always months late on music trends and new artists ;D

I don't stan her but I am rooting for the people on her team some of which were former people at my job

Written By: Milk on 01/05/19 at 11:46 pm

What ever happened to that band you said would pop off during Q4 2018  ::)

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/05/19 at 11:50 pm

I don't stan her but I am rooting for the people on her team some of which were former people at my job

Ah. So another gossamer veiled agenda...as usual.  ::)

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#17 USA itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 12:28 am

#17 on itunes right now

USA

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#17 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/06/19 at 2:25 am

o.m.g, Will Titor be right about something, finally?

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#17 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 11:28 am

o.m.g, Will Titor be right about something, finally?

i am always right

Written By: 2001 on 01/06/19 at 11:30 am

The early 2000s revival will be complete with Avril Lavigne returning to superstardom in this 2019.

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 11:32 am

The early 2000s revival will be complete with Avril Lavigne returning to superstardom in this 2019.

I would say Avril is washed up at this point

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#16 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 11:33 am

Music video is in production right now

They got a look a like dog from Pokerface

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#16 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: Dundee on 01/06/19 at 2:21 pm

Music video is in production right now

They got a look a like dog from Pokerface

Uhm, and what is this then?
WXBHCQYxwr0

Making a new one?

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 2:48 pm

Uhm, and what is this then?
WXBHCQYxwr0

Making a new one?

A new one is being made now, it might be for the next single, I am assuming they are doing another video for this due to it blowing up.
There is like an apartment and people have blood on them. I would post the stills but don't wanna get anyone at Atlantic fired.

Written By: shadowcookie on 01/06/19 at 2:49 pm

I feel like music charts are far less relevant now than they were in 2009. Lady Gaga broke onto the scene and everyone knew who she was, even older people. I don't think that happens now. Being a 'global superstar' in 2019 isn't quite the same.

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 2:55 pm

I feel like music charts are far less relevant now than they were in 2009. Lady Gaga broke onto the scene and everyone knew who she was, even older people. I don't think that happens now. Being a 'global superstar' in 2019 isn't quite the same.

the thing with atlantic is they are not as big as Interscope, so they do not have Gaga, Eminem money, they pick one artist and put all of their money to them,
last year they did it with Cardi B this year it's Ava.

Kiss Fm stations are getting payed out the ass to play this song. The decision was done the last week of December.

Written By: LooseBolt on 01/06/19 at 4:50 pm

HAHAHAHAH STREET TIME

that is a funny one ;D ;D ;D

I used to work at a record label and I still attend producer meet ups on meetup

Yeah and my uncle works for Nintendo.

Written By: John Titor on 01/06/19 at 4:59 pm

Yeah and my uncle works for Nintendo.

I used to work at RCA,  :o

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#13 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/07/19 at 2:26 pm

Next single late FEb early march

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#13 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: Slim95 on 01/10/19 at 10:53 pm

I don't think she will live on in terms of relevance. There is nothing new or exciting about her. She is a cabon copy of Lady Gaga and uses the same style of music everyone else uses. She reminds me of that girl Poppy who is popular on YouTube, weird people trying to get attention.

Written By: Dundee on 01/11/19 at 4:09 am

Yeah, she definitely needs a personality of her own before she revolutionizes Pop music or whatever people on this forum are randomly hyping her up to. Britney and Gaga exactly became huge because their music was a breath of fresh air, but they also offered some crazy visuals of their own that made them stood out.

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#8 itunes) My prediction was right

Written By: John Titor on 01/16/19 at 12:39 pm

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#8 itunes) Corden on the 21st

Written By: John Titor on 01/16/19 at 5:05 pm

First Televised Appearance will be for James Corden Late Night on the 21

Written By: Dundee on 01/20/19 at 4:04 pm

Queen Ariana decided to put an hold on her rise to stardom and reconducts pop culture right back towards Trap.

Sorry y'all

https://media.giphy.com/media/1X4FZo98u4xgdqkcL2/giphy.gif

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 1:03 pm

#7 on itunes

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#7 itunes) Corden on the 21st

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 1:08 pm

Ariana on Ava Max' attempt to shift pop culture:

https://media.tenor.com/images/3a91c5383b94a54cc41e418da10f8ff4/tenor.gif

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 1:13 pm

Ariana on Ava Max' attempt to shift pop culture:

https://media.tenor.com/images/3a91c5383b94a54cc41e418da10f8ff4/tenor.gif

Ariana is a culture vulture the only thing she has shifted is peoples like to hate on her

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtr7_B1WsAgzaox.jpg
https://data.whicdn.com/images/271330914/large.jpg

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 1:45 pm

Ariana is a culture vulture the only thing she has shifted is peoples like to hate on her

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtr7_B1WsAgzaox.jpg
https://data.whicdn.com/images/271330914/large.jpg
Honey, said nowhere she would shift culture, just said she's bringing it back to Trap.
Then again you're making a whole thread on a Discount-Lady Gaga 🤔🤔🤔

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 1:52 pm

Honey, said nowhere she would shift culture, just said she's bringing it back to Trap.
Then again you're making a whole thread on a Discount-Lady Gaga 🤔🤔🤔

Bringing it back to Trap? Trap has been dominant since 2016, how is she bringing back something if its the dominant force in music

Her other album had trap influences as well
https://theithacan.org/life-culture/review-trap-influences-infuse-party-pop-in-sweetener/

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 2:47 pm

Bringing it back to Trap? Trap has been dominant since 2016, how is she bringing back something if its the dominant force in music

Her other album had trap influences as well
https://theithacan.org/life-culture/review-trap-influences-infuse-party-pop-in-sweetener/
Because so many on this forum seems to agree that Trap's influence on the mainstream seems to diminuish, and then Ari Queen releases a massive Trap Bop ;D

Written By: Slim95 on 01/22/19 at 8:08 pm

Trap has been on the mainstream since 2014, and still pretty popular in less mainstream circles before that.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/22/19 at 8:19 pm

Discount Lady Gaga.

Shoot. Ava Max ain't a bargain. She's a fire sale.

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 8:41 pm

Discount Lady Gaga.

Shoot. Ava Max ain't a bargain. She's a fire sale.
I dig it, but you can't deny the undeniable.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/22/19 at 8:56 pm

I dig it, but you can't deny the undeniable.

Something sold in a fire sale is priced far lower than discounted prices.  8)

Written By: John Titor on 01/24/19 at 11:11 am

LRhNObyvbPw

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/24/19 at 3:21 pm

LRhNObyvbPw

Not the worst performance but she doesn't sound good and she looks ridiculous.

#proudhater

#theworlddeservesabettermegapopstar

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#7 itunes) The Exhibitionist DEBUT ALBUM

Written By: Dundee on 01/24/19 at 5:08 pm

No stage presence, she has the charisma of a whelk
Thank u, Next

Subject: Re: The Next Gaga/Britney is Ava Max (#7 itunes) The Exhibitionist DEBUT ALBUM

Written By: John Titor on 01/24/19 at 7:42 pm

No stage presence, she has the charisma of a whelk
Thank u, Next

Ariana has the stage presence of a paper bag

Written By: Dundee on 01/24/19 at 9:04 pm

Ariana has the stage presence of a paper bag
The grace of a paper bag going through the wind, the fierceness of a lioness that enchantes the public

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUySTGnJL2kfKqbB8Q/giphy.gif

Written By: John Titor on 01/24/19 at 11:03 pm

The grace of a paper bag going through the wind, the fierceness of a lioness that enchantes the public

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUySTGnJL2kfKqbB8Q/giphy.gif

Ariana is Canceled

Written By: JackSepton on 01/25/19 at 3:52 am

sounds like music sounded the past 7 years or so

Written By: John Titor on 01/25/19 at 10:53 am

sounds like music sounded the past 7 years or so

its suppose to sound like that

Written By: John Titor on 01/25/19 at 10:58 am

zRWBJbAVFmg

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/02/19 at 4:47 pm

I'm looking back at the thread and I'm laughing so hard! I have not heard any song by this artist since the year began nor her known song. I think it's time to say that Ava is not going to be a groundbreaking artist that John made her out to be. Plus, the "Sweet, But Psycho" song was #37 last week and is barely in the top 30 now and it has also been in the charts for 10 weeks.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/03/19 at 11:17 am

Sweet But Psycho did have some elements from Electropop, Teen Pop, R&B, and 60s Bubblegum pop too :o

But right now, it’s her only popular song at the moment. Just like some other people, some people thought Bebe Rexha would be the next Gaga/Britney, but it only lasted like 2 years (2016-18). But let’s see what she brings with her future songs, and maybe start the next Electropop/Teen Pop

Btw, lets take a moment of silence for John Titor’s ban.

Written By: LooseBolt on 03/11/19 at 11:42 am

Wanna hear something funny? Her single So Am I showed up on Reddit this afternoon and it's being totally eviscerated.

Written By: cowboy on 03/11/19 at 11:48 am

I thought Eliza (Doolittle) and Miley/Selena/Demi before her were supposed to be the next Britney? Unfortunately, most of them didn't make it big at all or they did but not for long. Instead we get subpar trash from Ariana (she started better than the stuff she's doing now!).
https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2010/07/elizadoolittle_PR.jpg

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/19 at 3:18 pm

Wanna hear something funny? Her single So Am I showed up on Reddit this afternoon and it's being totally eviscerated.
I read the comments on there and most of them said the song was not only awful, but it was like few other similar songs particularly being "Feel this moment", "poker face" and "Sweet, but Psycho".

I thought Eliza (Doolittle) and Miley/Selena/Demi before her were supposed to be the next Britney? Unfortunately, most of them didn't make it big at all or they did but not for long. Instead, we get subpar trash from Ariana (she started better than the stuff she's doing now!).
https://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/uploads/sites/55/2010/07/elizadoolittle_PR.jpg
Well the next Britney arrived at the scene a decade ago which was Lady Gaga who had not one, but a few major hits from her debut album. She was actually supposed to be bigger originally during her eccentric days, but her third album Born this way rubbed a lot of people the wrong way the direction it was portrayed. As for Miley/Selena/Demi, they could have been the next Britney, but throughout the last turn of the decade, all of their famous TV shows were still on air which made it impossible for them to focus on their music career and the fact they were all still in school. Plus, Miley already made controversy in 2008 due to a topless photo of her circling around in the media and that issue would have not served her well.

Written By: 2001 on 03/11/19 at 9:16 pm

Flop.

I just found out she is EXACTLY one year younger than me. :o I share a birthday with the Weeknd, Kim Jong-il, and this unknown pop star.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/11/19 at 10:08 pm

Flop.

I just found out she is EXACTLY one year younger than me. :o I share a birthday with the Weeknd, Kim Jong-il, and this unknown pop star.

You just expressed my biggest grievance between these 'pop' stars that are being compare to the likes of Brittney or Gaga. Both of these stars were still relatively young when they broke out into the scene. Gaga was about 22, and Brittney about 17! These gals..... 25-26..... yeah no. You'd think a true representing star of Gen Z both in target demographics and in actual age (so someone born after like 1999/2000) would have appeared right about now :-X

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/11/19 at 10:32 pm

You just expressed my biggest grievance between these 'pop' stars that are being compared to the likes of Brittney or Gaga. Both of these stars were still relatively young when they broke out into the scene. Gaga was about 22, and Brittney about 17! These gals..... 25-26..... yeah no. You'd think a true representing star of Gen Z both in target demographics and in actual age (so someone born after like 1999/2000) would have appeared right about now :-X
Have you heard of Billie Eilish? It seems she's the one representing Gen Z out there today and is also part of the generation.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/11/19 at 10:35 pm

Have you heard of Billie Eilish? It seems she's the one representing Gen Z out there today and is also part of the generation.

Nah I haven't. Gotta check her out!

Written By: Dundee on 03/12/19 at 10:58 am

Her new single is fairly blah. She's kind of doing a Meghan Trainor here, releasing a forgettable second single that kind of sounds the same as her first hit.

Written By: cowboy on 03/12/19 at 4:36 pm

I don't like anyone that debuted post-Ariana tbh. ;D

Written By: 2001 on 03/12/19 at 4:38 pm

I don't like anyone that debuted post-Arians tbh. ;D
Dua Lipa and Camilla Cabello are 🔥

Written By: cowboy on 03/12/19 at 4:49 pm

Let's agree to disagree  ;D. Trap is not my thing (they're trap-influenced, right)? I miss the early Rita Ora and Niki.

Written By: Dundee on 03/13/19 at 4:05 am

They're not Trap influenced at all

Written By: cowboy on 03/13/19 at 5:45 am

I don't know what their style is but I hate it. Give me anyone from 2008-2013 over them.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/19 at 6:25 am

I don't know what their style is but I hate it. Give me anyone from 2008-2013 over them.

I don't think you can be a huge Selena Gomez fan and hate Camilla Cabello. Some of their songs are carbon copies of each other just with different lyrics. ;D

Written By: cowboy on 03/13/19 at 6:36 am

I just don't dig the direction of pop music since the shift in the second half of 2014 (though I find Shake It Off and Can't Stop The Feeling catchy enough for me to like them).

Written By: Dundee on 03/13/19 at 10:57 am

I dunno about a shift in 2014. I'm pretty much on bboat with the people with saying that "Royals" changed the face of Pop and direction it went in the latter part of the 2010s (well it was a little more gradual than that but it is a good starting point nevertheless)

Todd in the Shadows even made a video about it recently, starting at 4:28:

2US-2x_pJ5U

I don't think you can be a huge Selena Gomez fan and hate Camilla Cabello. Some of their songs are carbon copies of each other just with different lyrics. ;D
How you (and Todd) dare to insult Queen Camilla >:( >:(

Written By: mc98 on 03/13/19 at 11:50 am

I dunno about a shift in 2014. I'm pretty much on bboat with the people with saying that "Royals" changed the face of Pop and direction it went in the latter part of the 2010s (well it was a little more gradual than that but it is a good starting point nevertheless)

2US-2x_pJ5U

Well, Royals was a very different song compared to what other songs were popular in 2013 but the change didn't happen overnight. 2014 songs were still upbeat, corny and raunchy. Until late 2014, Artists like Taylor Swift released Blank Space and many people compared the song to Lorde. Many pop artists wanted the piece of the Lorde sound.

Selena Gomez in 2013:
Z8eXaXoUJRQ

Selena Gomez in 2014:
ij_0p_6qTss

In 2015, new artists inspired by Lorde such as Daya, Alessia Cara, and Halsey rose to the spotlight in late 2015. They were all inspired by her themes, style, and lyrics.

Written By: 2001 on 03/13/19 at 12:03 pm

2US-2x_pJ5U

I'm not insulting, I actually saw a video that was posted here comparjng Havana to Same Old Love. It's the same song :P

Check for new replies or respond here...