inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Things 2019 will be remembered for

Written By: 2001 on 01/03/19 at 6:40 pm

New year new thread! 2019 just started, so there isn't much that defines the year yet. Nonetheless, the point of this thread is to chronicle the major events of 2019 as they happen, because we tend to forget what topics were on the top of our minds at the beginning/middle of the year by the time we've reached the end.

I'll start

* Democrats take control of the US House of Representatives.
* Chang'e-4, a Chinese lunar probe, is first to land on the far side of the moon (the dark part of the moon that faces away from the Earth).
* Global stock markets take a beating as sluggish Chinese manufacturing output signals a slowdown in their economy.

Subject: Re: Things 2019 will be remembered for

Written By: Howard on 01/04/19 at 7:22 am

* Trump shutting down the government
*wage increase to $15

Written By: Dundee on 01/04/19 at 12:29 pm

The year that doesn't very feel 2010s and where the pop culture collapse happened leading to a nuclear implosion vibe and won't feel dated at all when we're in 2029 because so much of 2019 will still be relevant 10 years from now on.

Written By: John Titor on 01/04/19 at 12:35 pm

The year that doesn't very feel 2010s and where the pop culture collapse happened leading to a nuclear implosion vibe and won't feel dated at all when we're in 2029 because so much of 2019 will still be relevant 10 years from now on.

http://www.inthe00s.com/avatars_custom/avatar_23273_1544183345.png

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/04/19 at 3:32 pm

Dude..... just stop. These snarky posts aren't even funny.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/04/19 at 3:34 pm

I'd say President Donald J. Trump is impeached by the House of Representatives immediately two weeks after Robert Mueller's report is finished & released.

You heard it here first ;).

Written By: Dundee on 01/04/19 at 3:40 pm

Dude..... just stop. These snarky posts aren't even funny.
My son, I ain't snarky or funny lookin' when I come in with some truth bombs into threads!

Written By: Howard on 01/04/19 at 4:36 pm

I'd say President Donald J. Trump is impeached by the House of Representatives immediately two weeks after Robert Mueller's report is finished & released.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/04/19 at 9:25 pm

If that truly happens I'm curious how our mood and culture will shift as a result, if at all. Would there be a sense of peace, or chaos?

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/05/19 at 2:51 pm

My son, I ain't snarky or funny lookin' when I come in with some truth bombs into threads!

:o

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/05/19 at 2:59 pm

If that truly happens I'm curious how our mood and culture will shift as a result, if at all. Would there be a sense of peace, or chaos?

Here's the thing, if he were to get impeached, it doesn't automatically guarantee he'd be removed from office. Thus, the charges that he is inflicted for his impeachment would matter greatly for his political future. If the charges are serious enough to seriously incriminate 'The Donald' for any massive wrongdoing, then he'd likely be removed from office, although to avoid complete & utter disgrace he would follow Nixon's playbook by simply resigning. If he were to do that, then that would probably embolden Democrats in winning the presidency in 2020, regardless of which candidate they nominate. They'd surely win as the successor to Trump, most likely being Pence, would be tied to Trump's failed presidency, and (lets be REAL) Republicans are not going to be that enthusiastic in voting after their conservative champion was just ousted, not to mention Pence lacking any sort of charm.

That, is likely going to be the DNC strategy going into this new year, but will this plan's objective actually come into fruition, I (and many others) remain skeptical. We'll have to see.

Written By: John Titor on 01/05/19 at 3:01 pm

Remember when Clinton was impeached and still made it to 2001

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/27/19 at 5:45 pm

One thing is this is the year for Disney live action remakes. You have The Lion King, Alladin, and Dumbo.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/27/19 at 6:15 pm

Jonah Falcon finally decides to star in movies.

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/28/19 at 8:53 pm

Hopefully, James Blake's mainstream debut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnN_iullRf8&fbclid=IwAR0FnffY6MfIFdrTC_1_r_6bgyWeHo3zEGgFmFWTV_hmjuQQFV8JV5eCeEA

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/19 at 12:41 am

I think 2019 will be remembered by Donald Trump's foolish tweet denying climate change.

Written By: Dundee on 01/31/19 at 3:21 am

I think 2019 will be remembered by Donald Trump's foolish tweet denying climate change.
Sounds like something he already said back in 2016.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/31/19 at 1:43 pm

40% of Americans deny climate change, instead believing that an all-powerful white homophobic God controls the weather and that a warming planet is a sign of the impending return of Jesus Christ.

It's far more crazy than simply denying science.

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/31/19 at 6:18 pm

40% of Americans deny climate change, instead believing that an all-powerful white homophobic God controls the weather and that a warming planet is a sign of the impending return of Jesus Christ.

It's far more crazy than simply denying science.

It's the truth, whether people want to believe it or not. It's written in the Bible.

Written By: 2001 on 01/31/19 at 7:30 pm

It's the truth, whether people want to believe it or not. It's written in the Bible.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/87/72/db/8772db804b7ee1afb4252adc38d07391.gif

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/19 at 7:37 pm

white homophobic God

The bible doesn't say God is white though.

Check for new replies or respond here...