inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Baby Shark hits 2 billion views on YouTube, #33 on Billboard

Written By: 2001 on 01/10/19 at 6:01 pm

Wow! Is this the beginning of the early 2020s? I'm here for it tbh. Listen to that bass!

XqZsoesa55w

Subject: Re: Baby Shark hits 2 billion views on YouTube, #33 on Billboard

Written By: mc98 on 01/10/19 at 6:13 pm

I heard this song for a long time. Why did it became a hit just now?

Written By: bchris02 on 01/10/19 at 6:21 pm

Wow! Is this the beginning of the early 2020s? I'm here for it tbh. Listen to that bass!

XqZsoesa55w

Not feeling it.  Reminds me of something I'd expect to see on a kids show like Blues Clues.  I highly doubt it will receive Top 40 radio airplay.

Written By: Dundee on 01/10/19 at 8:10 pm

Not feeling it.  Reminds me of something I'd expect to see on a kids show like Blues Clues.  I highly doubt it will receive Top 40 radio airplay.
I'm pretty sure it's only there because of YouTube views. It's not even a new video...

Written By: wagonman76 on 02/24/19 at 5:17 pm

I wonder how long it's been around.  My ex's kid was doing this 10-15 years ago.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/24/19 at 5:37 pm

No, it's just one of those extremely rare songs that appeals to little kids that makes the top billboard. I'm sure this isn't the only time this has happened.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/24/19 at 6:47 pm

No, it's just one of those extremely rare songs that appeals to little kids that makes the top billboard. I'm sure this isn't the only time this has happened.
Nerdygamer's friend from his childhood told me about this in one of my recent hangouts.

Written By: duenas8 on 02/24/19 at 7:59 pm

:o the start of Gen Alpha culture

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/24/19 at 9:01 pm

My Granddaughter loves and dances to it!

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/25/19 at 7:55 pm

Baby Shark was a song we used to sing on the school bus when I was in grade school...in 2001.

Written By: Slim95 on 02/25/19 at 8:45 pm

Dude it is a kid's song

Written By: Slim95 on 02/25/19 at 8:47 pm

Wait you guys don't know this is literally a children's song? It is on the billboard due to the YouTube views (I thought they got rid of that system but I guess not). It's not an actual new video it was a song taken from a children's programming and it is meant for parents and their children for learning purposes. It's not an actual new pop song lol. It's a children's song meant for children taken from a kids programming show.

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/25/19 at 8:58 pm

Dude it is a kid's song

;D

Written By: bchris02 on 02/25/19 at 10:38 pm

Wait you guys don't know this is literally a children's song? It is on the billboard due to the YouTube views (I thought they got rid of that system but I guess not). It's not an actual new video it was a song taken from a children's programming and it is meant for parents and their children for learning purposes. It's not an actual new pop song lol. It's a children's song meant for children taken from a kids programming show.

They have a separate chart now for radio stations.  It doesn't take into account YouTube and other streaming sources like the main Hot 100 does.

Written By: karen on 02/26/19 at 11:35 am

Baby Shark was a song we used to sing on the school bus when I was in grade school...in 2001.

I learnt a similar song (Baby Jaws) at a scout campfire in about 1996

Check for new replies or respond here...