inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: End of an Era - YouTube to Ban Stunt Videos

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/16/19 at 5:42 pm

Well it looks like the killjoys at YouTube are going to have their way and ban videos of whatever they determine to be "dangerous pranks".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/business/youtube-dangerous-pranks-ban-scli-intl/index.html

Pretty soon you will not be able to tune into YouTube to watch guys take massive nutshots, or people of all ages becoming human blowtorches by igniting their flatulence.  :-\\

Subject: Re: End of an Era - YouTube to Ban Stunt Videos

Written By: Dundee on 01/16/19 at 5:47 pm

Eh, I personally don't mind since I don't watch this kind of stuff since I'm like 16 or so?

Written By: 2001 on 01/16/19 at 6:43 pm

Darwin Awards were getting too common.

Written By: Howard on 01/17/19 at 7:19 am

Well it looks like the killjoys at YouTube are going to have their way and ban videos of whatever they determine to be "dangerous pranks".

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/business/youtube-dangerous-pranks-ban-scli-intl/index.html

Pretty soon you will not be able to tune into YouTube to watch guys take massive nutshots, or people of all ages becoming human blowtorches by igniting their flatulence.  :-\\

I guess they're banning them because it's become too much of a problem.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/17/19 at 11:53 am

I'm sure this will hit the Paul brothers and Team 10 pretty hard.

But seriously, I really don't like this and it's one more step for YouTube away from its roots.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 01/17/19 at 4:54 pm

Yup, seems like we’re off to a new era! Late 2018 feels different compared to what Early 2018 felt like. Trap music is still big, but not as big as it was in mid 2018. YouTubers like the Paul brothers on the other hand, are popular and all, but there are YouTubers like MrBeast and Fortnite streamers like Ninja and Tfue being popular, and might take over their popularity in late 2019. Also, in pop music, new artists like Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Post Malone, and lots of new pop artists are overshadowing Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber’s popularity. Fortnite is still dominant, but it’s just hard to play nowadays, and new games like Battlefield 5 and Black Ops 4 are taking over. But mid 2019 will do the HUGE shift, when Disney movies like Lion King and Toy Story 4 will be popular, and shows like Game of Thrones and Big Bang thoery are gonna end. Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber have already faded in the background, while Posty, Dua, and Halsey are the pop megastars, and Ava Max would also be popular.

Written By: Dundee on 01/17/19 at 6:11 pm

Yeah just because YouTube tries to ban one very specific type of video means that the whole pop culture will shift...

Check for new replies or respond here...