inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Simpsons Future in danger - Variety

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 2:53 pm

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/simpsons-disney-fox-acquisition-1203113195/

We all knew this day might come

Subject: Re: The Simpsons Future in danger - Variety

Written By: bchris02 on 01/22/19 at 3:27 pm

It's time.  This should have happened many years ago.  The Simpson's had already pretty much run it's course in the 90s.

Family Guy and Spongebob need to be next.

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/22/19 at 3:57 pm

I think people at this point forgot the Simpsons even existed lol. Even during the "decline era" of the late 90s-mid 00s, people were still making a buzz about the show and "hatewatching" the new episodes, lol. Now it doesn't even have that.

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 4:01 pm

The show has been on autopilot since The Principal and the Pauper

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 4:47 pm

Last decent season was what, season 16? Kind of baffled they reached all to way to season 30. Having watched the awful seasons 20-25, I highly doubt they have improved since.

Written By: John Titor on 01/22/19 at 7:12 pm

Last decent season was what, season 16? Kind of baffled they reached all to way to season 30. Having watched the awful seasons 20-25, I highly doubt they have improved since.

16 LMAO try  9

Written By: Dundee on 01/22/19 at 7:18 pm

16 LMAO try  9
Season 9 was the last great season, but it was still decent up to 16 ;)

Written By: Zelek3 on 01/22/19 at 9:16 pm

To me season 9 was the last great season, season 10 was the last decent one. 11 has a few okay episodes like Behind the Laughter but it's mostly bad, quite similar in tone to the ones after.

Written By: duenas8 on 01/23/19 at 12:52 am

“When the show ends, I would think that it will be because the creators of the show and the producers don’t want to do it anymore, not because two
media conglomerates got together,” Adgate says. “I think the show deserves a better ending.”

They should think about that many years ago, actually the producers and creators themselves ruined this show

Written By: bchris02 on 01/23/19 at 1:02 am

I think people at this point forgot the Simpsons even existed lol. Even during the "decline era" of the late 90s-mid 00s, people were still making a buzz about the show and "hatewatching" the new episodes, lol. Now it doesn't even have that.

Yeah I really don't know how it's gone on so long.  I mean the show was great and it was groundbreaking in its early seasons but it doesn't hold up by modern standards in my opinion.

Written By: Howard on 01/23/19 at 2:46 pm

It's been on for 30 years, It can't go on any further cause they're probably running out of ideas and I think Matt Groenig might be a bit tired now.

Written By: Paris on 01/27/19 at 4:28 pm

The Simpsons will never end

Written By: Howard on 01/28/19 at 5:22 am

The Simpsons will never end

Eventually, they will.

Check for new replies or respond here...