inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: FX is starting to become the new HBO

Written By: John Titor on 01/26/19 at 2:43 pm

FX has slowly been taking over HBO in terms of orginal programming in the last 2 years, has anyone else noticed this?
It seems to be getting more acclaim than what HBO would get.

https://www.businessinsider.com/netflix-and-fx-beat-hbo-and-amazon-at-golden-globes-2019-1

Netflix and FX led the Golden Globes in the TV categories during Sunday's ceremony with three awards each, while other networks like HBO and Amazon failed to make much of an impression.

FX's "The Americans" won the Globe for best drama series, and "The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story" won the prize for best limited series and best actor in a limited series for Darren Criss.

Subject: Re: FX is starting to become the new HBO

Written By: HeyJealousy on 01/26/19 at 5:51 pm

Criss put out a powerful performance as Andrew Cunanan, killer of Gianni Versace, in American Crime Story.

He really immersed himself in Andrew’s superficial smarminess, that served as a mask for the blatant anger, envy and homicidal urges he bottled up inside. It’s a true story, as you probably know. Versace was killed by Mr Cunanan, and was his final victim. Cunanan terrorized the US during the summer of 1997, with his cross-country murder rampage.

Written By: John Titor on 01/26/19 at 7:56 pm

Criss put out a powerful performance as Andrew Cunanan, killer of Gianni Versace, in American Crime Story.

He really immersed himself in Andrew’s superficial smarminess, that served as a mask for the blatant anger, envy and homicidal urges he bottled up inside. It’s a true story, as you probably know. Versace was killed by Mr Cunanan, and was his final victim. Cunanan terrorized the US during the summer of 1997, with his cross-country murder rampage.

he did a good job of emulating the killer

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/19 at 8:06 am

I miss the days when Fx had a cool morning news show.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/17/19 at 9:30 am

HBO is useless for movies for awhile at this point. People have only cared about HBO for Game of Thrones and other series the past several years. I'm not surprised, and FX and FXX have always been the go-to networks for movies including Simpsons and Archer reruns.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/19 at 5:22 am

HBO is useless for movies for awhile at this point. People have only cared about HBO for Game of Thrones and other series the past several years. I'm not surprised, and FX and FXX have always been the go-to networks for movies including Simpsons and Archer reruns.

The only time I ever watched HBO was when I could get it for free. The Cable guy made a mistake on my hookup so that I got all the premium channels for free. But that ended when I moved out of that apartment.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 02/18/19 at 5:23 am

The only time I ever watched HBO was when I could get it for free. The Cable guy made a mistake on my hookup so that I got all the premium channels for free. But that ended when I moved out of that apartment.  ;D

Did you wind up paying for them afterwards?

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/19 at 6:33 pm

Did you wind up paying for them afterwards?

Nope. If I can't get it for free, I go without.  :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...