inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Safe to say Classic 2010s culture will be over soon lol (it already is tho)

Written By: John Titor on 01/29/19 at 11:13 pm

tGSmq_0mxQ8

I remember when the Simpsons made front of Grunge Gen X culture with the Smashing Pumpkins episode, shortly
after Grunge was dead lol  Family Guy doing their own spin on Millennial culture is the final knife in the culture for 2010s.

It has already been on the way out, but this just cements it.

Subject: Re: Safe to say Classic 2010s culture will be over soon lol (it already is tho)

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 01/29/19 at 11:40 pm

It’s already over in my opinion, but there are still some traces still ongoing.

Subject: Re: Safe to say Classic 2010s culture will be over soon lol (it already is tho)

Written By: BornIn86 on 01/29/19 at 11:57 pm

It’s already over in my opinion, but there are still some traces still ongoing.

Yeah. I definitely think it died shortly after Trump was inaugurated.

Written By: John Titor on 01/30/19 at 12:13 am

Yeah. I definitely think it died shortly after Trump was inaugurated.

Indeed it was, this video just eliminated any last sources of it lol

Written By: 2001 on 01/30/19 at 4:04 am

No one cares about Family Guy tho.

Written By: SpyroKev on 01/30/19 at 8:43 am

Classic 2010s culture ended in 2017, generally ended in 2018.

Written By: mc98 on 01/30/19 at 8:54 am

When Hipster is no longer a thing, the classic 2010s ended.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/30/19 at 11:08 am

I agree with this.  I think the classic '10s vibe slowly faded over the period of the second half of 2017 and the first half of 2018.

The late '10s has thus far been the 1980s redux and is a completely separate era from the rest of the decade.  Religious fundamentalism and right-wing authoritarianism dominates politics.  Culture is consumed by materialism and superficiality.  Most people have their heads in the sand about how dire the situation really is.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 01/30/19 at 12:08 pm

I felt like it just ended in Late 2018 for me, when Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift simply faded by the charts, with mid/late 2010s introductions like Dua Lipa, Post Malone, and Billie Eilish replacing them, and new games like Battlefield 5 and Black Ops 4 became popular. I know I mentioned this soo many times, but I just wanted to show my thoughts on when the core 2010s ended. Just watch the last classic 2010s remnants die out by mid-2019, Disney remakes like Aladdin and Lion King are gonna be popular.

Written By: John Titor on 01/30/19 at 12:09 pm

I felt like it just ended in Late 2018 for me, when Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift simply faded by the charts, with mid/late 2010s introductions like Dua Lipa, Post Malone, and Billie Eilish replacing them, and new games like Battlefield 5 and Black Ops 4 became popular. I know I mentioned this soo many times, but I just wanted to show my thoughts on when the core 2010s ended. Just watch the last classic 2010s remnants die out by mid-2019, Disney remakes like Aladdin and Lion King are gonna be popular.

billie elish has replaced no  one lol don't be fooled by bought youtube stream views

Written By: Dundee on 01/30/19 at 1:56 pm

Comparing a classic Simpsons episode with a modern Family Guy episode….
Absolutely criminal

I felt like it just ended in Late 2018 for me, when Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift simply faded by the charts,

Because they haven't released anything of worth in a while? Last Justin Bieber album came out 4 years ago and yet he still managed to be everywhere in the meantime. He will probably explode the charts again if he releases a new album, or anything really. As for Taylor, I'm pretty sure "Delicate" peaked late into 2018 on the Billboard actually.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 01/30/19 at 2:23 pm

Comparing a classic Simpsons episode with a modern Family Guy episode….
Absolutely criminal
Because they haven't released anything of worth in a while? Last Justin Bieber album came out 4 years ago and yet he still managed to be everywhere in the meantime. He will probably explode the charts again if he releases a new album, or anything really. As for Taylor, I'm pretty sure "Delicate" peaked late into 2018 on the Billboard actually.

He still had a decent influence in music around Late 2016 til Mid 2018, when he was featured in songs like Cold Water, Let me Love you, I’m the one, Despacito, and this weird song no brainer lol. But No Brainer slipped off the charts quickly, and I feel like he’s not that relevant as he was in 2015-18.

Written By: bchris02 on 01/30/19 at 3:09 pm

He still had a decent influence in music around Late 2016 til Mid 2018, when he was featured in songs like Cold Water, Let me Love you, I’m the one, Despacito, and this weird song no brainer lol. But No Brainer slipped off the charts quickly, and I feel like he’s not that relevant as he was in 2015-18.

Apparently a new album is on the way.  I believe the success of that will determine whether or not Bieber is a has-been yet. 

https://theblast.com/justin-bieber-new-album-music/

Written By: Slim95 on 01/31/19 at 12:17 am

The "classic 2010s" ended when Trump took office in 2016. But we're still in 2010s culture right now. The '20s will be nothing like what we have right now.

Check for new replies or respond here...