inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trends that need to die by mid/late 2019!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 1:40 am

First off, mumble rap. Thank God this thing is slowly dying when 6ix9ine and 21 Savage got arrested. But its still popular despite the decline, it needs to stop! It devastatingly affected hip hop, because now Gen Z is listening to mumble words about drugs/sex. You can’t even hear a thing they say! Examples are: GUZHIGENGUZHIGENGUZHIGENG DRIP DRIP SKURRTT. Come on, the decline needs to accelerate.

Second thing, Fortnite. This game sucks now! Compare Fortnite memes with 2019 and 2018. In 2018, people would make memes saying Fortnite is awesome and superior to Pubg, but now, there are memes saying its trash. This game isn’t fun anymore, tryhards took over and destroyed it, and the developers don’t even know what to do with the weapons but just add stupid things to the game! What is this anymore??? I bet Apex Legends will not defeat Fortnite, nor’ Black Ops 4.

Number three, Tik Tok. It’s basically just Musically but worse. It’s all cringy and worthless, no talent.

And my last one to add for my list: Plastic Surgery and Thot-influence. Be confident people, don’t listen to people hating on you, they’re not true with what they say! You don’t have to try so hard and look at photoshopped pictures, your natural look is beautiful no matter what’s wrong. This has been ongoing since the 2000s, and it honestly needs to stop, it’s just affecting society.

Anything else to add to the trends that need to die by mid-late 2019?

Subject: Re: Trends that need to die by mid/late 2019!

Written By: Dundee on 02/09/19 at 4:18 am

Well, every year there is a thread like this.

People kept whining about Fortnite since it pretty much got widespread last year. At this point, I'll say just let people have their fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't get Tik Tok humor at all, seems to be Vines but with randomness, yelling and agressiveness instead of humorous twists. But again, I don't particularly care to beg it seeing "dying".

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/09/19 at 8:39 am

Does notice see cameo cargos coming back into style? And it's not just the typical green and beige cargos but other colors like pink and red. I used to wear those in elementary and middle school.  8-P No need to bring them back lol. So if they are coming back in style they need to die by late 2019.

Written By: mc98 on 02/09/19 at 9:29 am

Fortnite is still popular. 21 Savage arrest made him even more popular lol.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 9:47 am

Fortnite is still popular. 21 Savage arrest made him even more popular lol.

Yeah, I just hate Fortnite now I wish it could die soon, it’s not a fun game when tryhards took over and ruin the game. 21 Savage, well, we’ll see if he still makes music

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/09/19 at 10:03 am

Yeah, I just hate Fortnite now I wish it could die soon, it’s not a fun game when tryhards took over and ruin the game. 21 Savage, well, we’ll see if he still makes music

He can still make music in England.

Written By: xenzue on 02/09/19 at 1:38 pm

First off, mumble rap. Thank God this thing is slowly dying when 6ix9ine and 21 Savage got arrested. But its still popular despite the decline, it needs to stop! It devastatingly affected hip hop, because now Gen Z is listening to mumble words about drugs/sex. You can’t even hear a thing they say! Examples are: GUZHIGENGUZHIGENGUZHIGENG DRIP DRIP SKURRTT. Come on, the decline needs to accelerate.

Second thing, Fortnite. This game sucks now! Compare Fortnite memes with 2019 and 2018. In 2018, people would make memes saying Fortnite is awesome and superior to Pubg, but now, there are memes saying its trash. This game isn’t fun anymore, tryhards took over and destroyed it, and the developers don’t even know what to do with the weapons but just add stupid things to the game! What is this anymore??? I bet Apex Legends will not defeat Fortnite, nor’ Black Ops 4.

Number three, Tik Tok. It’s basically just Musically but worse. It’s all cringy and worthless, no talent.

And my last one to add for my list: Plastic Surgery and Thot-influence. Be confident people, don’t listen to people hating on you, they’re not true with what they say! You don’t have to try so hard and look at photoshopped pictures, your natural look is beautiful no matter what’s wrong. This has been ongoing since the 2000s, and it honestly needs to stop, it’s just affecting society.

Anything else to add to the trends that need to die by mid-late 2019?

This list is basically just trashing on Gen Z teen culture we-

So agree with this tho Fortnite was so fun from season 2-3.

Written By: xenzue on 02/09/19 at 1:57 pm

Trap is the Disco of the 2010s. It's absolutely everywhere. We're well in the late 2010s, and it still shows no sign of slowing down. Much like Disco in the late 70s, its ubiquity is influencing nearly every contemporary music style in the pop world.

Written By: Howard on 02/09/19 at 2:00 pm

I have to ask this, How do you play Fortnite, Do you play it as one or play with others?  ???

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 2:50 pm

Trap is the Disco of the 2010s. It's absolutely everywhere. We're well in the late 2010s, and it still shows no sign of slowing down. Much like Disco in the late 70s, its ubiquity is influencing nearly every contemporary music style in the pop world.

Ehh, in my opinion, Trap isn’t the disco of the 2010s, because disco didn’t have anything related to hip hop during its prime. I’d say Trap more like the New Jack Swing and Crunk of the 2010s, because New Jack Swing and Trap have a lot more in common, because NJS is like a mixture of Hip hop/rap and R&B, and Trap is kinda like that too. As for Crunk, I’d round it more on the Crunk&B side. I’d say EDM or Electropop is the Disco of the 2010s, let alone Trap. EDM is what Disco was in the 70s, and what Dance-pop was in the mid/late 80s, while Trap is what New Jack Swing was in the late 80s to mid 90s, and what Crunk was in the 2000s.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 2:58 pm

I have to ask this, How do you play Fortnite, Do you play it as one or play with others?  ???

You can play it as solos, duos, or squads. Basically, the main goal is to win 1st place and prevent dying. In Season 1-5, you could win by simply having fun and camping, but now, you literally have to get good weapons and kill players as possible... it sucks now

Written By: xenzue on 02/09/19 at 3:25 pm

Ehh, in my opinion, Trap isn’t the disco of the 2010s, because disco didn’t have anything related to hip hop during its prime. I’d say Trap more like the New Jack Swing and Crunk of the 2010s, because New Jack Swing and Trap have a lot more in common, because NJS is like a mixture of Hip hop/rap and R&B, and Trap is kinda like that too. As for Crunk, I’d round it more on the Crunk&B side. I’d say EDM or Electropop is the Disco of the 2010s, let alone Trap. EDM is what Disco was in the 70s, and what Dance-pop was in the mid/late 80s, while Trap is what New Jack Swing was in the late 80s to mid 90s, and what Crunk was in the 2000s.

Of course there's lots of differences... but I meant it in the sense that Trap is as ubiquitous this decade as Disco was in the 70s, and the timing of Disco's rise/fall appears to be very similar to modern trap.  Ascendence nationwide in the early part of the decade, global popularization by mid decade, and peak at the very end of the decade. It's supposed to be an analogy.

A mix between hiphop and R&B isn't how I would describe trap at all. Vocally SOME songs might be melodic, but that's about it. The true successor to NJS would be Trapsoul.

Written By: Dundee on 02/09/19 at 4:09 pm

disco didn’t have anything related to hip hop
...Because Hip Hop was born out of the Disco scene first…

A mix between hiphop and R&B isn't how I would describe trap at all.
That is true, Trap has nothing to do with R&B. Your avarage Trap song is rapping in a triplet flow + 808s + rattling hi-hats + adlibs. But that also influenced heavily influenced onto Pop and especially EDM (there's also a genre called 'Trap' in EDM).

The best analogy to Crunk&B would be the the Alternative R&B scene which also took a lot of cues from Trap Rap (and Cloud Rap).

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 9:08 pm

Of course there's lots of differences... but I meant it in the sense that Trap is as ubiquitous this decade as Disco was in the 70s, and the timing of Disco's rise/fall appears to be very similar to modern trap.  Ascendence nationwide in the early part of the decade, global popularization by mid decade, and peak at the very end of the decade. It's supposed to be an analogy.

A mix between hiphop and R&B isn't how I would describe trap at all. Vocally SOME songs might be melodic, but that's about it. The true successor to NJS would be Trapsoul.

Yeah, there are actually lots of R&B trap songs from XXXTentacion, Drake, the Weeknd, and Juice WRLD though, but the most R&B Trap sounding song would either be God’s Plan or Hotline Bling, it sounds so soulful...  :P

What else needs to be on the list? I hope Justin Trudeau steps off as Prime Minister of Canada, since he’s making prices higher and making security risks with allowing Syrian refugees in the country. I mean, it’s nice that the refugees are coming in to stay safe, but it’s also concerning because an ISIS member might come in... I also hope that airpods go out of style, because you pay $100 for those small earpods, and lose them. They could be retrieved but if you experience it, you’d feel ripped off buying airpods... They don’t sound nowhere near as good as beats headphones too

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/09/19 at 9:15 pm

What should stay in 2019 though is YouTube. As a YouTuber, it’s kind of concerning when it dies out or fades in popularity, because you might stop making money, or if your channel is small and not make money, but still love making videos, you feel like you’re doing something that is irrelevant anymore, which I don’t want to happen.

I know this is kinda irrelevant, but I just wanna add it to the list anyway. T-Series is overtaking Pewdiepie’s lead in subscribers, and it’s kind of unfair because even though they might not be using sub-bot, the climate in YouTube would probably change for Pewdiepie supporters and subscribers. Thankfully, MrBeast and Dramaalert are helping, but T-Series will just accelerate...

What also needs to fade are these mumble rapper aesthetics, it looks so terrible, the hairs look messy, the face tattoos look very unnatural and stale, and the clothes look colorful in a bad and unappealing way...

Written By: mwalker1996 on 02/10/19 at 1:20 am

TikTok ain't going nowhere but you can just ignore it since it's one of those things only teens understand. Fortnite may die off, but it could be like how COD was in the early 10s when everyone and their grandmother was playing it. Frist Person Shooters in general was something that defined the 2010s.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/10/19 at 12:30 pm

Am I the only one who thinks trap music is slowly fading? I like Trap music (unless its mumble rap), and I don’t want it to fade, but XXXTentacion died, 6ix9ine got arrested, 21 Savage got arrested, and look at the top charts, it’s mainly just Ariana Grande or Halsey, and Sunflower by Post Malone isn’t trap... Maybe it’s just me

Written By: mc98 on 02/10/19 at 12:36 pm

Am I the only one who thinks trap music is slowly fading? I like Trap music (unless its mumble rap), and I don’t want it to fade, but XXXTentacion died, 6ix9ine got arrested, 21 Savage got arrested, and look at the top charts, it’s mainly just Ariana Grande or Halsey, and Sunflower by Post Malone isn’t trap... Maybe it’s just me

But 7 Rings and Without Me are heavily Trap inspired. Plus, Sicko Mode is still huge.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 02/10/19 at 1:19 pm

What should stay in 2019 though is YouTube. As a YouTuber, it’s kind of concerning when it dies out or fades in popularity, because you might stop making money, or if your channel is small and not make money, but still love making videos, you feel like you’re doing something that is irrelevant anymore, which I don’t want to happen.

I know this is kinda irrelevant, but I just wanna add it to the list anyway. T-Series is overtaking Pewdiepie’s lead in subscribers, and it’s kind of unfair because even though they might not be using sub-bot, the climate in YouTube would probably change for Pewdiepie supporters and subscribers. Thankfully, MrBeast and Dramaalert are helping, but T-Series will just accelerate...

What also needs to fade are these mumble rapper aesthetics, it looks so terrible, the hairs look messy, the face tattoos look very unnatural and stale, and the clothes look colorful in a bad and unappealing way...

Whats your channel's name? I'm curious to check it out.

Written By: Dundee on 02/10/19 at 1:20 pm

XXXtencion/6ix9ine/21 Savage are merely representative of the Trap scene (and what is happening to 21 Savage is not career-breaking), there's still plenty of Cardi B, Kodak Black and other Lil Baby to back up the genre in the charrs. No to mention the newcomers this year and plenty of potential comebacks.

Written By: Howard on 02/10/19 at 2:15 pm

You can play it as solos, duos, or squads. Basically, the main goal is to win 1st place and prevent dying. In Season 1-5, you could win by simply having fun and camping, but now, you literally have to get good weapons and kill players as possible... it sucks now

I think I'll stick to my wrestling games.

Check for new replies or respond here...