inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL

Written By: mqg96 on 02/09/19 at 4:54 pm

cislZ9S0ocA

Just out of curiosity, is anyone interested in seeing this movie? In my lifetime I've never seen a movie hyped up this much that I'm NOT interested in. This movie has been advertised for MONTHS like a Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Avatar, Black Panther, or Toy Story. It's ridiculous. What is this plot about? The backstory of the character just feels like so many other million dark movie settings I've seen before.

Subject: Re: ALITA: BATTLE ANGEL

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/09/19 at 8:57 pm

Nah. I'm not interested in it either. It doesn't feel authentic and the antagonist feel forced. I wouldn't pay to see it but i'd watch it if it come on tv.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 02/10/19 at 12:33 am

Your loss, I guess. I'm pumped. This is James Cameron we're talking about. He hasn't let us down since Piranha II: The Spawning.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/10/19 at 7:13 am

In my lifetime I've never seen a movie hyped up this much that I'm NOT interested in.

Funny you say that, usually when a movie is hyped up like this I'm disinclined to see it because it's probably overhyped.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/10/19 at 7:15 am

Your loss, I guess. I'm pumped. This is James Cameron we're talking about. He hasn't let us down since Piranha II: The Spawning.

I know James Cameron did Terminator, Titanic, and Avatar which set box office records, but that doesn't mean ALITA is going to be as good as those or even other Cameron movies that were just above average. The ALITA backstory looks interesting but the setting and plot just seems like so many other dark toned movies I've already seen.

Written By: GuapitoChico on 02/10/19 at 7:27 am

Not entirely interested, but I'd give it a chance.

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/10/19 at 7:40 am

Looks like it would be an annoying movie tbh.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 02/10/19 at 12:08 pm

Looks like it would be an annoying movie tbh.

This. Also, the main character looks weird.

Written By: Dundee on 02/10/19 at 12:27 pm

What's with the weird bulging eyes? She looks made of CGI and hits quite the uncanny valley when she's with the other live-action people

Written By: SmartBo1 on 02/10/19 at 1:16 pm

What's with the weird bulging eyes? She looks made of CGI and hits quite the uncanny valley when she's with the other live-action people

They were trying to make her look like a realistic anime character (because this is actually a movie adaptation of a manga).  Unfortunately, it didn't really turn out very well. 

Written By: Doku on 02/10/19 at 8:34 pm

I feel like those eyes are staring in to my soul

Written By: SpyroKev on 02/10/19 at 8:45 pm

They were trying to make her look like a realistic anime character (because this is actually a movie adaptation of a manga).  Unfortunately, it didn't really turn out very well.

Which they shouldn't have done. I hope this doesn't become a trend at an attempt to develop a special effect for anime eyes. Haha

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 02/11/19 at 7:48 am

The film looks dope. I’m glad that anime/manga are now starting to become rather normalized in Western society. I can’t say for certain whether or not this film will succeed in the box office, but I’d definitely  be checking this out!

Written By: mqg96 on 02/13/19 at 1:28 pm

Guys, thanks to one of my favorite Youtubers when it come to comic book discussions & reactions, this may be my ONLY blink of hope left, if I still decide to give the movie a chance or not.

ulFic_wmBXM

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 02/13/19 at 1:34 pm

Guys, thanks to one of my favorite Youtubers when it come to comic book discussions & reactions, this may be my ONLY blink of hope left, if I still decide to give the movie a chance or not.

ulFic_wmBXM

I'm at work now, but I'll definitely watch this guys review sometime soon.

In the meantime I'd recommend that you also check out Chris Stuckmann's review of the movie:

8xAmlriBlhU

I trust his judgement, so that gives me a bit of a sigh of relief.

Written By: wsmith4 on 02/13/19 at 1:56 pm

Sw this in the theaters.  SNOOOOOOOZE FEST.  Outdated graphics, horrible battle scenes.  I felt like I was watching "Duke Nukem".

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/13/19 at 6:19 pm

Sw this in the theaters.  SNOOOOOOOZE FEST.  Outdated graphics, horrible battle scenes.  I felt like I was watching "Duke Nukem".

Interesting you should say that. I read an interesting spoilery review on Reddit that describes the movie as being uncool because it’s cool in a really outdated ‘90s kind of way.

Check for new replies or respond here...