inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Funko Pops

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/14/19 at 12:42 pm

Funko Pop figurines are everywhere now, if you go to any bookstore, gaming store, or place like Hot Topic I bet you see tons of these figurines don't you? I want to say about three years ago is when I first noticed these becoming a thing, then it just blew up at some point within the last year or so. There are literally Funko figurines for every fandom you can think of and you can even order them custom made if not. I own three, two were gifts.

So, does anyone else here own a few or think it's just worthless junk? When might this trend die down? It seems like it's at it's zenith right now.

Subject: Re: Funko Pops

Written By: BornIn86 on 02/14/19 at 3:21 pm

I'm in the worthless junk camp. As a geek, it's been one of those huge 2010s trends I've only been tolerating.

Written By: mc98 on 02/14/19 at 4:01 pm

Only '10s kids will remember this.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 02/14/19 at 6:54 pm

I don't really those figures. They look really ugly imo.

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/14/19 at 9:26 pm

This is no different from those Disney collectibles. What were they called again?

Written By: Dundee on 02/15/19 at 3:16 am

This is no different from those Disney collectibles. What were they called again?
Tsum Tsum?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1TfkXOpXXXXbBapXXq6xXFXXXv/Disney-Tsum-Tsum-10-pcs-lot-3-8-cm-Donald-Mickey-Winnie-Canard-Jouets-Elfe-Mignon.jpg_640x640.jpg

Written By: LooseBolt on 02/15/19 at 5:13 am

Tsum Tsum?

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1TfkXOpXXXXbBapXXq6xXFXXXv/Disney-Tsum-Tsum-10-pcs-lot-3-8-cm-Donald-Mickey-Winnie-Canard-Jouets-Elfe-Mignon.jpg_640x640.jpg

Yeah, those things. Like, what is the point here? Is there a goal? Are you supposed to collect them all? What happens to the void in your soul when you do?

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 10:02 am

Only '10s kids will remember this.

10's kids and hoarders!  :D

Written By: Dundee on 02/15/19 at 3:39 pm

Yeah, those things. Like, what is the point here? Is there a goal? Are you supposed to collect them all? What happens to the void in your soul when you do?
There's nothing of point to them except being a collectible toy collection, a concept that has existed for decades

Written By: KatanaChick on 02/15/19 at 8:32 pm

There's nothing of point to them except being a collectible toy collection, a concept that has existed for decades

Kind of like Pez dispensers, which also exist of every character from this or that fandom.

Check for new replies or respond here...