inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Will the 2020s have more variety in the mainstream music!

Written By: 1997days on 02/18/19 at 4:05 pm

Hopefully I really expect it. The 2010s especially in the mid-late 2010s didn't have that much variety in the minstream :D

Subject: Re: Will the 2020s have more variety in the mainstream music!

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/18/19 at 8:19 pm

I hope it will be something like the roaring 2020s, where its a mixture of the 1920s with modern times, like Electro Swing, Electro-Jazz, etc. When trumpets and other band instruments are played with the addition of synthesizers or launchpads, like House music mixed with Jazz

Written By: 2001 on 02/18/19 at 8:49 pm

The Internet killed the radio star. My Spotify has 6 daily mixes. That's enough variety for me ;D

Written By: piecesof93 on 02/18/19 at 9:04 pm

How am I supposed to know

Written By: Slim95 on 02/18/19 at 11:51 pm

I hope it will be something like the roaring 2020s, where its a mixture of the 1920s with modern times, like Electro Swing, Electro-Jazz, etc. When trumpets and other band instruments are played with the addition of synthesizers or launchpads, like House music mixed with Jazz

That's what I imagined the '20s to be like too. Electro-swing being the dominant genre in mainstream music and everyone listening to it in their self-driving cars. But I think it's just a dream and the reality is that the '20s will probably be even worse than the 2010s.  :P

Written By: Slim95 on 02/18/19 at 11:55 pm

I think the next genre of popular music will be new agey with bineural hypnotic sounds and something similar to vaporwave and that will be everywhere.

Written By: Dundee on 02/19/19 at 2:31 am

Electro-Swing was already a big thing in the late 2000s-2010 though. I think everyone has heard of "We Speak No Americano" at least before.

As for the question, it's difficult to know as you can't really predict what people will like in the future ??? ?

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 02/19/19 at 2:53 am

That's what I imagined the '20s to be like too. Electro-swing being the dominant genre in mainstream music and everyone listening to it in their self-driving cars. But I think it's just a dream and the reality is that the '20s will probably be even worse than the 2010s.  :P

We’ll see, but sadly, Lo-fi is just infiltrating hip hop music, and I felt like Trap music went dark around 2017, and it’s gonna get darker and darker. I really hope Bouncy hip hop influenced by Drake is going to be more popular than dark hip hop, because pop music lately has been emo or dark, with Halsey, Post Malone, Billie Eilish, etc., which is why I haven’t really been listening to mainstream music now...

Check for new replies or respond here...