inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What school year is the most Hipster?

Written By: mc98 on 02/23/19 at 8:53 am

Like the Emo thread in the 2000s section. What school year is the most hipster? I would pick 2013-2014.

Subject: Re: What school year is the most Hipster?

Written By: cowboy on 02/23/19 at 9:35 am

In Europe there are more hipsters and beards now than in 2013. I started noticing them in 2014. So I voted for 2014/15. But they peaked in 2015/2016 in Europe.

Written By: duenas8 on 02/24/19 at 5:32 pm

In Europe there are more hipsters and beards now than in 2013. I started noticing them in 2014. So I voted for 2014/15. But they peaked in 2015/2016 in Europe.

When I was in Italy in 2014, 90% of people were wearing glasses with big frames and many people used old fashioned cameras like polaroids.
That’s my concept of hipster, since 2015, trends like vaping, lo-fi and “aesthetics” aren’t a hipster thing imo

Written By: cowboy on 02/25/19 at 6:46 am

Oh then disregard my statement. Read Europe as Central and Eastern Europe then. :P In my home city in South Eastern Europe hipsters are mostly defined by their haircuts and the facial hair. Hipster clothes like cardigans, knitwear and the manbun are largely gone. Big glasses also mostly gone but they were big for very brief time only in the hip big cities and usually with females. No one wears fake glasses anymore to look hip.

Imagine my surprise when I was recently in Prague where hipster styles are alive and kicking. ;D Aparently local and expat creatives and artsy or techie people there think they have to look a certain way. Well at least we have beaten Prague in something. ;)

Written By: February2002 on 03/01/19 at 7:41 pm

Written By: mxcrashxm on 03/02/19 at 4:53 pm

I would definitely say 2014-15. That's when I saw the atrocious fashion everywhere.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/02/19 at 4:55 pm

Hipsters were first popular during the 1940s.

Check for new replies or respond here...