inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Lori Loughlin Saga Thread

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/12/19 at 6:08 pm

Fuller House actress Lori Loughlin has been fingered in a college admissions bribery scandal and she has been formally charged in a crime.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/felicity-huffman-lori-loughlin-among-several-dozen-snared-in-elite-college-cheating-scheme-authorities-say

It is alleged that Loughlin and her alleged husband allegedly bribed college officials to allegely admit their daughters to collene under allegedly false pretenses.

I wonder if Loughlin will do hard time? ???

Subject: Re: Lori Laughlin Jailed Pending Bail Hearing

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/13/19 at 12:59 pm

Just saw in the news that the lovely Aunt Becky :-* is now in the LA Jail until a bail hearing is conducted.  :o

Subject: Re: Lori Laughlin - Bail Set at $1,000,000

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/13/19 at 7:04 pm

Bail has been set at $1,000,000. Same amount as R. Kelly had to put up.  :o

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/lori-loughlin-college-bribery-scandal-charges

The G-Men are not fooling around this time.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Lori Laughlin - Bail Set at $1,000,000

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/14/19 at 5:36 am

News articles indicate that if Loughlin is convicted at trial, she could be sent up the river for 47 months.  :o

Perhaps she’ll transition from “Fuller House” to a new reality series, “Big House”? ???

Subject: Re: Lori Laughlin - Banished from The Hallmark Channel

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/14/19 at 5:08 pm

And in the latest development, The Hallmark Channel has cut all ties with Lori, eliminating her from any projects currently in production or development.

https://people.com/tv/lori-loughlin-dropped-by-hallmark-channel-amid-college-admissions-scandal/

Additionally they will no longer be airing reruns of any shows in which she appeared. Man, that’s cold.  :-X

Read the announcement:

”Let the name of Lori Loughlin be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of Egypt The Hallmark Channel. Let the name of Lori be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of men for all time.”

At her bail hearing, the judge allowed Ms. Loughlin to keep her passport so that she could travel to British Columbia to do her Hallmark work. Its likely the judge will now pull her passport.  :-\\

Subject: Re: Lori Loughlin - Banished from The Hallmark Channel

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/15/19 at 3:24 am

Never would have seen this scandal coming. Whatever happened to predictability? The milk man. The paper boy. Evening TV.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/15/19 at 4:44 am

Never would have seen this scandal coming. Whatever happened to predictability? The milk man. The paper boy. Evening TV.

Yeah, it’s kinda like when that chick from “Touched By An Angel” was found to be dating a married man. Don’t judge a book by its cover!

Subject: Re: Lori Loughlin - Overreaction

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/15/19 at 5:37 pm

Now here’s an interesting article.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1024118/lori-loughlin-and-her-family-are-living-a-terrible-nightmare-in-wake-of-bribery-scandal

But lets all get some perspective folks. Her friends are distancing themselves... shows canceled... perhaps she’ll be hung, drawn, and quartered...

BUT GET A GRIP... all she did was to bribe some dudes to get her kid into school. Indeed a crime, but the way you see the reactions you’d think she was an axe murderess or a child molester. Any “friend” who is distancing themselves over this is a wimp and likely never had any real loyalty anyway.

ps: I was never. Lori fan and likely will never be.  But the reaction to this whole thing seems to be a bit over the top.  ::)

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/15/19 at 5:40 pm

Now here’s an interesting article.

https://www.eonline.com/news/1024118/lori-loughlin-and-her-family-are-living-a-terrible-nightmare-in-wake-of-bribery-scandal

But lets all get some perspective folks. Her friends are distancing themselves... shows canceled... perhaps she’ll be hung, drawn, and quartered...

BUT GET A GRIP... all she did was to bribe some dudes to get her kid into school. Indeed a crime, but the way you see the reactions you’d think she was an axe murderess or a child molester. Any “friend” who is distancing themselves over this is a wimp and likely never had any real loyalty anyway.

ps: I was never. Lori fan and likely will never be.  But the reaction to this whole thing seems to be a bit over the top.  ::)

It's all part of today's "cancel culture".

Written By: Elor on 03/16/19 at 3:30 am

BUT GET A GRIP... all she did was to bribe some dudes to get her kid into school. Indeed a crime, but the way you see the reactions you’d think she was an axe murderess or a child molester.

That's what I find so funny about the US legal system. It often seems to me as if any form of punishment or bail is completely arbitrary and the judges can do whatever pleases them. ???
Maybe I'm wrong and just don't understand that system but to give the same bail for a bribe as the one that R. Kelly got seems total overkill to me.

Written By: cowboy on 03/16/19 at 5:45 am

I think there are other, more evil women in Hollywood to go after.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/16/19 at 7:58 am

That's what I find so funny about the US legal system. It often seems to me as if any form of punishment or bail is completely arbitrary and the judges can do whatever pleases them. ???
Maybe I'm wrong and just don't understand that system but to give the same bail for a bribe as the one that R. Kelly got seems total overkill to me.

It does seem random, especially when you consider the actual purpose of bail is supposed to be to ensure that a person returns to court and is not a flight risk. It isn't really supposed to have anything to do with the severity (or lack thereof) of the crime. I hardly think Lori  Loughlin will be fleeing the country over all this.

Written By: cowboy on 03/16/19 at 8:33 am

It does seem random, especially when you consider the actual purpose of bail is supposed to be to ensure that a person returns to court and is not a flight risk. It isn't really supposed to have anything to do with the severity (or lack thereof) of the crime. I hardly think Lori  Loughlin will be fleeing the country over all this.

I was just going to say they might do it for claiming equal treatment, to silent the right wingers. "See, we don't just go after the male actors, but also after the female ones when they do something wrong." Except her bribe got nothing on sexual molestation.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/19 at 8:58 am

I was just going to say they might do it for claiming equal treatment, to silent the right wingers. "See, we don't just go after the male actors, but also after the female ones when they do something wrong." Except her bribe got nothing on sexual molestation.

But most of the male actors who’ve gotten into trouble lately are left wingers too.

Written By: cowboy on 03/16/19 at 9:14 am

But most of the male actors who’ve gotten into trouble lately are left wingers too.

Yes, they are. I meant that the people that complain from anti-male agenda in Hollywood and media are often right-wingers.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/19 at 9:20 am

Yes, they are. I meant that the people that complain from anti-male agenda in Hollywood and media are often right-wingers.

I suspect the right wingers are having a jolly old time watching the left eat its young, regardless of gender.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/16/19 at 2:09 pm

I think there are other, more evil women in Hollywood to go after.

Like who?

Written By: Howard on 03/16/19 at 2:12 pm

I heard they've canceled Fuller House.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/19 at 5:44 pm

Like who?

Heck, where would I start? ???  ;D

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/17/19 at 2:00 am

I heard they've canceled Fuller House.

I heard she was fired. The show was already set to end anyway.

https://kissfmcolorado.iheart.com/content/2019-03-15-lori-loughlin-reportedly-fired-from-fuller-house-final-season/

Written By: Howard on 03/17/19 at 2:29 pm

I heard she was fired. The show was already set to end anyway.

https://kissfmcolorado.iheart.com/content/2019-03-15-lori-loughlin-reportedly-fired-from-fuller-house-final-season/

But you can still watch it on repeats from Netflix.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/19 at 5:28 pm

But you can still watch it on repeats from Netflix.

They might ban the episodes in which she appeared. The Hallmark Channel has banned all of her stuff.

Subject: Re: The Lori Loughlin Saga Thread

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/09/19 at 7:33 pm

The lovely Lori and her hubs have just been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on money laundering charges. These are in addition to the mail fraud, wire fraud, and conspiracy charges already filed against them.

https://triblive.com/news/world/lori-loughlin-husband-others-hit-with-money-laundering-charge/

The Feds are not screwing around. Looks like Aunt Becky is up crap creek. The news pundits are now opining that it is almost a certainty that she’ll do time in The Big House.  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/10/19 at 3:01 pm

The lovely Lori and her hubs have just been indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on money laundering charges. These are in addition to the mail fraud, wire fraud, and conspiracy charges already filed against them.

https://triblive.com/news/world/lori-loughlin-husband-others-hit-with-money-laundering-charge/

The Feds are not screwing around. Looks like Aunt Becky is up crap creek. The news pundits are now opining that it is almost a certainty that she’ll do time in The Big House.  :o

How many years in jail? ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/10/19 at 5:28 pm

How many years in jail? ???

From what I’ve read, the prosecutors are offering plea deals for no LESS than 2 years in the pokey. If Loughlin takes her chances and goes to trial, she could get a sentence of up to 20 years.  :o

Written By: Howard on 04/11/19 at 5:35 am

From what I’ve read, the prosecutors are offering plea deals for no LESS than 2 years in the pokey. If Loughlin takes her chances and goes to trial, she could get a sentence of up to 20 years.  :o

Well, she can definitely say goodbye to a another Full House reunion.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/11/19 at 5:44 am

Well, she can definitely say goodbye to a another Full House reunion.

On the other hand, she could get some great training to be able to do one of those “Women in Prison” movies some time in the future.  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...