inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Barbara Streisand’s Take on Michael Jackson Accusations

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/23/19 at 8:24 am

Seems that legendary actress Barbara Streisand has weighed in on the controversy surrounding whether or not Michael Jackson was a child predator.

https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/ny-barbra-streisand-michael-jackson-accusers-thrilled-sexual-needs-20190323-7z3b2dqgbzh7jfs4yyhqhdfjyi-story.html

Seems that she (a) believes the accusers and (b) apparently thinks that it was not a big deal since it didn’t kill them.  :o

I wonder if she will opine on the R Kelly situation? ???

Subject: Re: Barbara Streisand’s Take on Michael Jackson Accusations

Written By: KatanaChick on 03/24/19 at 10:19 am

Already saw the sh!tstorm on Twitter over it. If she truly feels that way it's appalling.  :o

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/24/19 at 10:52 am

Already saw the sh!tstorm on Twitter over it. If she truly feels that way it's appalling.  :o

It remains to be seen if the power and clout Streisand has in the entertainment industry is enough to spare her from today's relentless and toxic "cancel culture" that has completely destroyed the likes of Roseanne Barr, Charlie Rose, even Aziz Ansari. The list goes on. Not that I'm defending their actions (save maybe for Ansari who seems to have done nothing more than go on an awkward date gone wrong), but once the cancelling takes hold it's bye, bye.  Although Streisand's reasoning seems convoluted, it is still not a crime in this country to speak one's mind. But you'd never know that now by the way people get "cancelled", shouted down and destroyed by social media and more. So far Streisand seems to be emerging relatively unscathed, but we shall see.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/19 at 3:49 pm

It remains to be seen if the power and clout Streisand has in the entertainment industry is enough to spare her from today's relentless and toxic "cancel culture" that has completely destroyed the likes of Roseanne Barr, Charlie Rose, even Aziz Ansari. The list goes on. Not that I'm defending their actions (save maybe for Ansari who seems to have done nothing more than go on an awkward date gone wrong), but once the cancelling takes hold it's bye, bye.  Although Streisand's reasoning seems convoluted, it is still not a crime in this country to speak one's mind. But you'd never know that now by the way people get "cancelled", shouted down and destroyed by social media and more. So far Streisand seems to be emerging relatively unscathed, but we shall see.

Indeed. Don’t be surprised to see “The Way We Were” banned from the airwaves and nighttime TV.

The Cancel Culture will eat her up and spit her out.

Written By: 2001 on 03/24/19 at 8:45 pm

I mean if I was arguing against cancel culture I wouldn't start with someone who defends the child sex abuse she enabled and belittles the victims.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/19 at 3:27 am

I mean if I was arguing against cancel culture I wouldn't start with someone who defends the child sex abuse she enabled and belittles the victims.

Consider Babs canceled.  :-X

Written By: 2001 on 03/25/19 at 5:10 pm

Consider Babs canceled.  :-X

Well, I don't know if she's cancelled, but the "any publicity is good publicity" era of attention-seeking celebrities has hopefully come to an end.  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...