inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Should "the media" ban all Michael Jackson legacy forever? (POLL)

Written By: duenas8 on 03/28/19 at 7:56 pm

As much as I like MJ, I think if "the media" screwed up Bill Cosby's legacy, they should do the same with Jacko

Subject: Re: Should "the media" ban all Michael Jackson legacy forever? (POLL)

Written By: 2001 on 03/28/19 at 8:04 pm

The difference is Bill Crosby is alive and still profits whenever his (boring) show airs. I don't think we should let someone who used his position of wealth and power to abuse people to remain in that position of wealth and power. Cancelling shows isn't a symbolic move, it's a method of sanction/boycott.

Michael Jackson is dead, and we can hopefully rest knowing our money isn't going to a pedo.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/28/19 at 8:07 pm

I’m been wondering when The Cancel Culture is going to decide to cancel MJ.

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 03/28/19 at 8:38 pm

As much as I like MJ, I think if "the media" screwed up Bill Cosby's legacy, they should do the same with Jacko

I'm not sure I understand this question in the way it is phrased. The equating of Bill Cosby and Michael Jackson. The way this question is phrased it makes it sound like BECAUSE the media "screwed up Cosby's legacy, they should do the same with Jackson, as if it's some kind of consistent rule that MUST be followed even though you like Jackson. In other words, if they hadn't screwed up Cosby's, they wouldn't have to with Jackson's.  ???

Written By: Elor on 03/29/19 at 2:12 am

Did I miss something (which is quite possible)? Was MJ convicted? Last thing I heard was that there where just accusations by people who actually defended MJ previously. So for all I know it might just be a money grab.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/19 at 4:54 am

Did I miss something (which is quite possible)? Was MJ convicted? Last thing I heard was that there where just accusations by people who actually defended MJ previously. So for all I know it might just be a money grab.

Cosby got culturally canceled before he was convicted.

Written By: Rainbowz on 03/29/19 at 5:24 am

Tf? No lmfao y’all sensitive af

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 03/29/19 at 6:46 am

No not all. Regardless of what you thought of MJ as a human being, you have to separate the artist from their own personal life.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/19 at 7:29 am

Cosby got culturally canceled before he was convicted.

But as for Michael Jackson he didn't serve any time in jail.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/19 at 7:32 am

I think the two need to be separated, His legacy of what he did for music for the past 40 years and his personal life.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 03/29/19 at 8:23 am

I think the two need to be separated, His legacy of what he did for music for the past 40 years and his personal life.
Wonder would say the same for R Kelly when he dies.

Written By: SpyroKev on 03/29/19 at 11:24 am

Tf? No lmfao y’all sensitive af

This sh!t is being way over exaggerated for real bruh. Let the dude sleep.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/31/19 at 4:12 am

Michael Jackson didn't do anything what are you guys talking about. This is a huge sham just circulating in time for his 10th year anniversary of his death. Just a convenient way for the Hollywood elites to get another victim for their punching bag to create buzz and sell fake news for money. MJ was already sentenced as not guilty, and he never did anything to any children and there is lots of evidence already to show that. This was established a long time ago. Did he have problems and mental issues? Yes. But did he molest children? No. Michael Jackson was abused himself as a kid and he was like a kid in his heart he's been through a lot of trauma. He slept in the same room (not bed) as some kids that weren't his own. It does not mean he molested him, and he had no ill-intent or harm.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/31/19 at 4:15 am

Wonder would say the same for R Kelly when he dies.

R Kelly isn't innocent, at least I don't think he is from what I heard. MJ is in regards to the molestation accusations... This is old news and he never did anything.

Written By: Howard on 03/31/19 at 2:04 pm

People should let him be already, he's already had enough problems before death.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/19 at 6:51 pm

R Kelly isn't innocent, at least I don't think he is from what I heard. MJ is in regards to the molestation accusations... This is old news and he never did anything.

Well in fairness MJ did pay some accuser $23MM to go away.

Written By: Slim95 on 03/31/19 at 8:52 pm

Well in fairness MJ did pay some accuser $23MM to go away.

That doesn't mean he's guilty. He didn't want to go through the court procedure and get all the bad publicity.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/19 at 12:33 am

That doesn't mean he's guilty. He didn't want to go through the court procedure and get all the bad publicity.

Same situation as Cosby before his trial but Cosby was canceled well before a verdict came in.

Same with R Kelly now.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/19 at 5:23 am

He just wanted to be a free man.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/01/19 at 2:56 pm

Do many people actually believe he's guilty? I don't think he did it.

Written By: 2001 on 04/01/19 at 3:00 pm

I never stopped believing that he's guilty ;D

Written By: Howard on 04/02/19 at 7:08 am

Michael Jackson or R.Kelly?

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/19 at 12:13 pm

Michael Jackson or R.Kelly?

Michael Jackson

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/19 at 1:54 pm

I looove Michael Jackson's music. He's the king of pop for a reason...

but he probably did it. At the very least, he admitted to sleeping in the same bed with young children. He was weirdly obsessed with his relationship with children. Even if you don't think Michael molested any kids, doesn't him sleeping in the bed with kids make you feel a little uncomfortable? And I've been watching a lot of Latoya Jackson's past interviews about Michael, the Jackson family, the history of abuse, and now I realize Latoya is probably speaking near 100% truth.

I'll continue listening to his music but it'll always be a little tarnished from now on.

Written By: exodus08 on 04/02/19 at 2:07 pm

Guilty or Not Guilty I'm not gonna stop listening to Micheal Jackson. I have been iffy about R Kelly's music.

Written By: Howard on 04/02/19 at 2:29 pm

Michael Jackson

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BgYiFvl3L.jpg

They took his mug shot but he never had jail time.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/02/19 at 2:43 pm

I looove Michael Jackson's music. He's the king of pop for a reason...

but he probably did it. At the very least, he admitted to sleeping in the same bed with young children. He was weirdly obsessed with his relationship with children. Even if you don't think Michael molested any kids, doesn't him sleeping in the bed with kids make you feel a little uncomfortable? And I've been watching a lot of Latoya Jackson's past interviews about Michael, the Jackson family, the history of abuse, and now I realize Latoya is probably speaking near 100% truth.

I'll continue listening to his music but it'll always be a little tarnished from now on.

That's wrong though... He NEVER admitted to sleeping on the same bed. He admitted to sleeping in the same room. The kids got the bed and he slept on the floor. He just said "even if I did there's nothing wrong with that". The intent of his heart when sleeping in the same room was not because he wanted to hurt them or anything like that. He even gave the kids the bed and slept on the floor like he said. He just really was like a child in his heart and he was trying to take care of the kids. Nothing else happened.

Think of it this way, what predator would ever admit to sleeping in the same room as kids? What predator would ever say it's okay? None. They would deny it. Michael Jackson was honest and he didn't molest anyone. That's very telling and shows he didn't do it.

Check for new replies or respond here...