inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Billie Eilish

Written By: mc98 on 03/30/19 at 12:47 pm

She is considered the voice of Generation Z. Her album "When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?" was released yesterday. Right now, she is doing really good numbers on streaming services like Spotify. Bad Guy has the highest debut from her album. What do you guys think of her? I think she might be the first true Gen Z popstar.

DyDfgMOUjCI

Subject: Re: Billie Eilish

Written By: shadowcookie on 03/30/19 at 3:10 pm

Wow, she’s only 17.

Written By: Early2010sGuy on 03/31/19 at 9:50 am

She's one of those people that helped us move to the True late 2010s era, along with Post Malone & Halsey

Written By: fgbn on 03/31/19 at 5:08 pm

now thats what i call garbage

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/01/19 at 2:08 pm

I don't really care for that song although Bury A Friend was good.

I definitely think the push for popularizing Billie is a sign of pop culture moving in a new direction.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/01/19 at 2:54 pm

now thats what i call garbage

I know right?

I definitely think the push for popularizing Billie is a sign of pop culture moving in a new direction.

Yeah, in a bad direction.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/01/19 at 7:07 pm

I know right?
Yeah, in a bad direction.

Eh...I don't know how whatever she might become a part of will be worse than Soundcloud rap dominance.

Written By: Slim95 on 04/01/19 at 7:08 pm

Eh...I don't know how whatever she might become a part of will be worse than Soundcloud rap dominance.

To me it seems equally bad.

Written By: xenzue on 04/01/19 at 8:45 pm

Her voice is pretty and she has some BOPS in her discography, but she is leagues behind other alt-pop artists around her age , the only thing that makes her stand out in the alt pop/bedroom pop music scene is her aesthetic. She's not a bad songwriter, but it's clear that her brother is the true talent and visionary, and he's only 21. As far as pop music, this is one of the first, true Gen Z pop albums with no millennial influence: Finneas (21) produced and co-wrote almost every song, and Billie (17) wrote the lyrics/vocal arrangements and has production credits, and I believe the album art was designed by an 18 year old.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/19 at 2:18 am

To me it seems equally bad.

....I super disagree with you but whatevs.

Written By: BornIn86 on 04/02/19 at 2:33 am

Her voice is pretty and she has some BOPS in her discography, but she is leagues behind other alt-pop artists around her age , the only thing that makes her stand out in the alt pop/bedroom pop music scene is her aesthetic. She's not a bad songwriter, but it's clear that her brother is the true talent and visionary, and he's only 21. As far as pop music, this is one of the first, true Gen Z pop albums with no millennial influence: Finneas (21) produced and co-wrote almost every song, and Billie (17) wrote the lyrics/vocal arrangements and has production credits, and I believe the album art was designed by an 18 year old.

I haven't truly given her music a close look but in terms of an artist that the powers that be are pushing so hard for, she's not bad. The only real issue I have with her is when she gets around more "urban" people and she puts up this ghetto front that I find really cringe.

Check for new replies or respond here...