inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How Come Dancehall was so Short-Lived?

Written By: Slim95 on 03/31/19 at 9:56 pm

Remember dancehall? This style of music died in mid 2017, it was mainly an exclusively 2016 thing but managed to seep in 2017 with Ed Sheeran's January release of Shape of You. Why didn't this stick around? It could have been a good alternative to trap and EDM in the pop music scene. It kind of reminds me how the neo-disco trend in 2013 didn't live on but still had potential. But dancehall just seemed to fade away from existence like everyone forgot about it. Did people hate it or something? I wish it stayed around. It was not a bad genre for this decade. If you guys don't remember what dancehall was, here are the popular songs that used this musical genre:

nYh-n7EOtMA

iAbnEUA0wpA

HL1UzIK-flA

_dK2tDK9grQ

Subject: Re: How Come Dancehall was so Short-Lived?

Written By: Emman on 04/01/19 at 10:13 am

I remember dancehall being very popular in the early-mid '90s, then in the early '00s with Sean Paul, Beenie man, ect.

It seemed to have a kind of revival, I think it was revived because there has been a vaguely tropical vibe in music since 2015.

Written By: LooseBolt on 04/06/19 at 7:56 am

Hey, fads come and go. That's the way of the world.

Also dancehall music is just not that great.

Written By: mwalker1996 on 04/06/19 at 9:16 am

I remember dancehall being very popular in the early-mid '90s, then in the early '00s with Sean Paul, Beenie man, ect.

It seemed to have a kind of revival, I think it was revived because there has been a vaguely tropical vibe in music since 2015.
Dancehall/reggeton was huge in the NYC area in the early-mid 00s since it has a large Caribbean population.

Written By: exodus08 on 04/06/19 at 1:50 pm

Someone I can agree with. I was never into Dancehall.

Written By: Howard on 04/06/19 at 1:59 pm

Was there dancehall music in the 1980's? ???

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/06/19 at 2:02 pm

Short lived oh yes! It totally escaped me!

Check for new replies or respond here...